This one is on Matt Ryan, and Falcons may be in trouble

Yes they do but Ryan has played poorly in 4 of the past 5 games. I don't know why we're such a poor road team. 1-4 on the road one good game against the 49ers but meltdowns against the Patriots, Saints, Cowboys, and now Panthers. Now we have another road game against the Giants.

I dont get it myself. When we came out and destroyed a very good 49er defense(in San Fran mind you), I thought that was our breaking out moment and we would play like a top 5 team. We regressed big time since then. Mostly Ryan has regressed since then. At first I was saying the lack of a running game was mostly to blame for Ryans regression, but the running game has been fantastic the past 3 or 4 games.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan's second interception wasn't a bad throw...in fact it was a pretty good throw. He threw it before jenkins broke inside so it is up to jenkins to break at the appropiate depth. If you watch the replay the ball sailed just inches over jenkins hands and if he had cut in just a yard later it would have been a perfect throw for a big completion...

.however, it was NOT the situation to throw and we should have continued to run and play safe football. that ones on murlarkey

Gotta disagree. That was a bad throw all the way around. The ball sailed and when you do that over the middle it's just bad bad bad.

I do believe that Ryan has grown too dependent on Gonzalez and I believe it's lead to him staring down receivers in general.

Last season he didn't set his feet and he was still able to complete the pass most times. This year he's not setting his feet and it's a bad throw.

With all of that said I still believe that we will play a good game next week, still think we will win, still think that Ryan is the QB for us and still think that we will have a winning record and make it into the playoffs.

I said we would make it to the divisional round and I stand by that.

Everyone that is so down on Ryan now are the same ones that were so high on him last season. When he turns it around they will once again sing his praises.

announcers are not gods...that being said yes it should not have been thrown...given the situation it was an ill advised decision but a good throw

When the ball sails a good feet over a 6'4" receiver that can jump high that is not a good throw. And it is an ill advised decision which in itself means it isn't a good throw.

I am so sick of seeing these stupid interceptions week after week. I have not given up on the season but our franchise quarterback has looked like a rookie, confused and with happy feet. His aim is horrible, way too high or too low, throwing to the wrong read.

I thought the defense would be the big let down, not Matt Ryan.

You do realize that this is a load of bull right? I am a big time Matt Ryan Fan, and this was him 100%. Michael Jenkins out jumped Vince Carter on that play. I don't care if he would have thrown it right to Jenkins, and made a completion. That throw was unnecessary. Not to mention, they were in zone, and two or three defenders were around him.

When the ball sails a good feet over a 6'4" receiver that can jump high that is not a good throw. And it is an ill advised decision which in itself means it isn't a good throw.

you guys must have missed the reading comprehension unit in school. I am agreeing with you that the ball should NOT have been thrown. We still had plently of time and it was well covered. However Ryan threw the ball well and he threw it BEFORE jenks broke inside. that means that it is up to jenks to break inside at the right time which he obviously didnt as the ball just sailed over his hands. if he HAD broken inside a yard later and ryan threw the same exact pass you all would be saying how great a throw he made in such tight coverage.

you guys must have missed the reading comprehension unit in school. I am agreeing with you that the ball should NOT have been thrown. We still had plently of time and it was well covered. However Ryan threw the ball well and he threw it BEFORE jenks broke inside. that means that it is up to jenks to break inside at the right time which he obviously didnt as the ball just sailed over his hands. if he HAD broken inside a yard later and ryan threw the same exact pass you all would be saying how great a throw he made in such tight coverage.

It doesn't matter about "HAD," the only thing that matters is the END RESULT and that is a PICK. You're just pulling at straws to justify Ryan.

Matt Ryan is in a slump...We all know that but, does it not seem like our offense is Vanilla in the passing game. Like truly, Our offense is plain and we are not getting any explosive plays. The offense is the same as year, but you are seeing that LATELY that he is doing what he is doing last year, breaking off huge runs. The league has caught up to our passing attack and WE HAVE NOT MADE ADJUSTMENTS.... You wonder why Ryan has the smallest windows to throw to because the offense is too predictable in the passing game...

Not having been able to see the game today and provide my deep thoughts on what is wrong with Ryan, I will only say this one statement; " Our next opponents were 5-0 until week 6, then they have gone 0-4. Eli is the QB, he is having an unsettled year and he is a Super Bowl winner. Every QB has bad games, look at how much fun we poke at Delhomme... He beat the Falcons today even though he's had some hilariously bad games in the past. Ryan will mature, yes, he's young, but he is only in his 2nd year as a pro."

Relax my fellow Falcon fans, support them when they're down as much as you support them when they're up! Stop all of the second guessing and whining and moaning, and the negativity about the final record at the end of the season. Be an all weather fan, not just a fair weather fan!

And the defender(s) were in perfect position to make the INT. Not just one, about 4. Quit making excuses, Ryan screwed up, and that was him 100%.

It doesn't matter about "HAD," the only thing that matters is the END RESULT and that is a PICK. You're just pulling at straws to justify Ryan.

Look man, i'm as pissed off about Ryan playing poorly as anyone..but what he is saying is that sometimes its not always the qbs fault..theirs a whole team out there and if a ball gets tipped and is picked (like 2 of ryans passes) then its not all his fault..and hes saying maybe that one wasn't either because of the reveiver maybe not running a route correctly. I mean who knows..but the fact of the matter is that as many pics as ryan has thrown..not every one of them is his fault...even though I do agree he has been sailing the ball and hasn't been as good as we all expected.

if you stop picking up single phrases and try to comprehend what i am saying as a whole then maybe you can have a valid argument.

note how i did not give me opinion on ryans overall play, which i will tell you now is a negative one, but i was justifying one play which yes, had an END RESULT that was a PICK, but should not be pinned as 100% Ryan's fault

but i should have known better to try to reason with the crazies who come out of the woodwork after every loss

And the defender(s) were in perfect position to make the INT. Not just one, about 4. Quit making excuses, Ryan screwed up, and that was him 100%.

there is no defense for a perfect throw. they were in perfect position because jenks broke too early if had properly adjusted the ball would have fallen inbetween the defenders into his hands.

if you stop picking up single phrases and try to comprehend what i am saying as a whole then maybe you can have a valid argument.

note how i did not give me opinion on ryans overall play, which i will tell you now is a negative one, but i was justifying one play which yes, had an END RESULT that was a PICK, but should not be pinned as 100% Ryan's fault

but i should have known better to try to reason with the crazies who come out of the woodwork after every loss

Yeah they are out in force tonight...I guarantee you they wouldn't be if we had won.

So you're saying Michael Jenkins broke one yard too early and that if he had broken one yard later it would've been a perfect pass? I don't think so, the defender was at a perfect spot regardless.

Matt Ryan is in a slump...We all know that but, does it not seem like our offense is Vanilla in the passing game. Like truly, Our offense is plain and we are not getting any explosive plays. The offense is the same as year, but you are seeing that LATELY that he is doing what he is doing last year, breaking off huge runs. The league has caught up to our passing attack and WE HAVE NOT MADE ADJUSTMENTS.... You wonder why Ryan has the smallest windows to throw to because the offense is too predictable in the passing game...

Exactly.. On all of our passes you have CB's and LB's draped over our WR's and TE. Every throw is challenged and every throw is hard. Mularkey, Musgrave, Robiskie (sp) and Mike Smith really need to look at the tape to see how this can be fixed.

It's troubling.. Especially with our running game opening up the past 3 weeks our passing game should be on fire.

Teams don't respect Matt or our WR's and until we start making them respect our passing game and back off we'll have more INT's and potential losses... WITH good rushing games by Turner.

Exactly.. On all of our passes you have CB's and LB's draped over our WR's and TE. Every throw is challenged and every throw is hard. Mularkey, Musgrave, Robiskie (sp) and Mike Smith really need to look at the tape to see how this can be fixed.

It's troubling.. Especially with our running game opening up the past 3 weeks our passing game should be on fire.

Teams don't respect Matt or our WR's and until we start making them respect our passing game and back off we'll have more INT's and potential losses... WITH good rushing games by Turner.

Moose continued to repeat that constantly repeated that something is wrong with the passing game and that we are not getting any of receivers open. Isnt it strange that you have never seen a blown coverage in a route or even a play where the receiver can get YAC because he has some separation. Its like the CBs now where the ball is going after the ball is snapped. I think thats why Ryan is looking for Gonzo because no else seems to be able to get open nor is there any separation from WRs. We have to fix this. This is not all Ryans fault.

one huge question, why were we passing with 4 minutes to go?

We should have been conservative and run the ball to use the clock up and get at least close enough for a field goal or TD.

That long pass was stupid, if we had scored we would have handed Carolina the ball right back. That was dumb football, not even including the int.

This game had the worst play calling ever.

one huge question, why were we passing with 4 minutes to go?

We should have been conservative and run the ball to use the clock up and get at least close enough for a field goal or TD.

That long pass was stupid, if we had scored we would have handed Carolina the ball right back. That was dumb football, not even including the int.

This game had the worst play calling ever.

I believe the original play call was a run but there's some people saying that Ryan audible into a pass.