Saints clinch winning season in 9 games

joe horn

and I will take the performance we got considering the injuries we have had. you want facts? pretty much every week of this season you have given this litany on why the Saints shouldnt be winning and how they aren't as good as their record and it truly does not mean diddly because things are what they are. I don't really care about an undefeated season...I care that we are nearly in the playoffs and that our injuries on defense should be healed by the time we get there. Despite the fact that our injuries havent gotten the press that the Colts' did, the truth is that we have lost more starters. Good teams find ways to win and that's what the Saints have done. Nothing else matters.

I agree with that.

I do think the saints are a good team........ probably the best in the nfc right now.

Some of it is trolling on my part being a falcon fan..... as it would be if the rolls were reversed.

It is like its taboo though for anyone to point out anything negative about the saints.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that.

I do think the saints are a good team........ probably the best in the nfc right now.

Some of it is trolling on my part being a falcon fan..... as it would be if the rolls were reversed.

It is like its taboo though for anyone to point out anything negative about the saints.

no, it isn't taboo and I will say right now that I think the Vikings would take the Saints at this moment unless we stop turning the damned ball over. As I said in another thread, I am a bit irritated at the fact that we can't stop anybody's running game in the first half. In the second half, we are shutting them down tho. I guess my point is that currently we have 36% of our starters injured and about half of them on defense (5 of 11) so I am happy with winning. Most teams would not be able to win with that many injuries. So right now, at this moment with the players we have out, I will say that we are not the best in the NFC. The Vikings are.

And I may crack some jokes at another team's expense, but when it comes to talking football I will tell it like it is. ****, Sniper and I are more positive about Matt Ryan and the Falcons' playoff chances than a lot of the Falcons fans right now. Looking at the Wildcard situation, its like this

NFC North Vikings have the division and the Packers made themselves relevant again with the win over the Cowboys

NFC East They are all tanking...unless something changes quickly they will only send one team to the playoffs

NFC West Do I even need to say anything?

NFC South you have the Falcons at 5-4 and a surging Panthers team. Way too early to throw in the towel

no, it isn't taboo and I will say right now that I think the Vikings would take the Saints at this moment unless we stop turning the damned ball over. As I said in another thread, I am a bit irritated at the fact that we can't stop anybody's running game in the first half. In the second half, we are shutting them down tho. I guess my point is that currently we have 36% of our starters injured and about half of them on defense (5 of 11) so I am happy with winning. Most teams would not be able to win with that many injuries. So right now, at this moment with the players we have out, I will say that we are not the best in the NFC. The Vikings are.

And I may crack some jokes at another team's expense, but when it comes to talking football I will tell it like it is. ****, Sniper and I are more positive about Matt Ryan and the Falcons' playoff chances than a lot of the Falcons fans right now. Looking at the Wildcard situation, its like this

NFC North Vikings have the division and the Packers made themselves relevant again with the win over the Cowboys

NFC East They are all tanking...unless something changes quickly they will only send one team to the playoffs

NFC South you have the Falcons at 5-4 and a surging Panthers team. Way too early to throw in the towel

Well I have long said as a whole we have one of the least knowledgeable..... so that does not surprise me..... we have a ton of bi polar fans its not funny.

As far as saints and vikes... I see the vikes very much in the modl of the saints, if you look at how they are playing, yea they are winning but they are doing it while doing things you cant do on a consistent basis ie turning the ball over.

The vikes have a better defense but even that has shown the ability to make average offenses look good ( see the Baltimore game).

That would be an entertaining game though the Saints/Vikes

You were also clinching your cleft *** holes when you nearly lost to the Rams.

We can sit here and call out every team for nearly losing, or straight out losing to a team they should have waxed. The fact that this game was close shouldn't have been a suprise. The Rams were coming off their first win, had an entire 2 weeks to prepare, were at home, and the Saints sat quite a few of their players. In the NFL, when teams come off a bye and play in their house, they win almost 70% of the time I believe.

At the end of the day though, we beat the Rams. We're 9-0. The New Orleans Saints are the best team in the NFL, I'll take that any day of the week. I'll take our "near" loss to the Rams over your 5-4 record.

We can sit here and call out every team for nearly losing, or straight out losing to a team they should have waxed. The fact that this game was close shouldn't have been a suprise. The Rams were coming off their first win, had an entire 2 weeks to prepare, were at home, and the Saints sat quite a few of their players. In the NFL, when teams come off a bye and play in their house, they win almost 70% of the time I believe.

At the end of the day though, we beat the Rams. We're 9-0. The New Orleans Saints are the best team in the NFL, I'll take that any day of the week. I'll take our "near" loss to the Rams over your 5-4 record.

Calm down, big guy. All I was saying was you were cliching your cleft *** hole.

Anyway, you aren't the best team in the NFL.

That title belongs to the Colts.

But, I mean, keep dreaming. Nothing wrong with extra sleep.

You saying the colts is ur opinion. Doesn't make it right.

What makes the Colts better than the Saints?

Colts 14 Jags 12 +2

Colts 27 Dolphins 23 +4

Colts 18 49ers 14 +4

Colts 20 Texans 17 +3

Colts 35 Patriots 34 +1

Five of the Colts wins have come by a combined 14 points. Coincidentally, check out this article:

http://www.nfl.com/n...ts&confirm=true

Also, have you checked out the power rankings this week? How many have you found stating the Colts are better than the Saints.

Edited by nolafan33

We will see how the Saints do when the Pats and Cowboys come calling in their house. Same thing when they have to go play the Falcons and Panthers in their houses. The Saints, while their 9 wins are commendable, have been bending but not breaking for their past four games, and those teams that i have mentioned above have no doubt observed that and will be on upset alert when they see the Saints are their opponent for that week. That is, if the Saints aren't beaten by the Bucs this coming weekend, which honestly would not surprise me at all ahaha

You saying the colts is ur opinion. Doesn't make it right.

Just because you love your mom doesn't make it right to sex her up either, but I'm not saying anything. We all know Louisiana Swamp gets a man ready to go.

And nola, my dear boy, power rankings are stupid.

Just like Sean Payton.

Sean Payton and Power Rankings are a lot alike, actually. as they're both over rated and completely rat faced.

Oh wait, that's just Sean.

My bad dog.

Just because you love your mom doesn't make it right to sex her up either, but I'm not saying anything. We all know Louisiana Swamp gets a man ready to go.

Just like Sean Payton.

Sean Payton and Power Rankings are a lot alike, actually. as they're both over rated and completely rat faced.

My bad dog.

Power rankings don't mean crap, but they certaintly aren't stupid. Your yet to provide any reason to why the Colts are better than the Saints. You skip over the small example I provide, and show that you really have no base for your argument by trying to make some cruel jokes.

As for the last part, Sean Payton has his team at 9-0 and Mike Smith has his team at 5-4, so do you really want to debate who's the dumber or worse coach? wink.gif

Edited by nolafan33

Power rankings don't mean crap, but they certaintly aren't stupid. Your yet to provide any reason to why the Colts are better than the Saints. You skip over the small example I provide, and show that you really have no base for your argument by trying to make some cruel jokes.

As for the last part, Sean Payton has his team at 9-0 and Mike Smith has his team at 5-4, so do you really want to debate who's the dumber or worse coach? wink.gif

Reasons the Colts are better than the Saints:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Dallas Clark

4. Dwight Freeney

I could keep going, but I'd have to list all 22 starters on offense and defense.

Keep clinching, nola.

I promise you, I care what your retort says. :rolleyes:

Reasons the Colts are better than the Saints:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Reggie Wayne

3. Dallas Clark

4. Dwight Freeney

I could keep going, but I'd have to list all 22 starters on offense and defense.

Keep clinching, nola.

I promise you, I care what your retort says. rolleyes.gif

The Colts are better because of four players?

What about the other 18? rolleyes.gif

Atleast you tried to give me a reason, even though it's a lousy one.

I like that our success is hard for some people to accept. It used to burn me up having to play against the 49ers every goddamned year, with heartbreaking results. Now, for this year, at least, we've become that team. Every week the team that plays us has fans proudly proclaiming themselves to be the ones who'll send us home with a whuppin' and shut everyone up, finally. Most soon realize that we're actually a pretty good team, and hearing them begrudgingly admit it is actually gratifying to a degree.

The hater hangers-on are just a bonus. Like an early Christmas bonus :)

Edited by joe horn

I like that our success is hard for some people to accept. It used to burn me up having to play against the 49ers every goddamned year, with heartbreaking results. Now, for this year, at least, we've become that team. Every week the team that plays us has fans proudly proclaiming themselves to be the ones who'll send us home with a whuppin' and shut everyone up, finally. Most soon realize that we're actually a pretty good team, and hearing them begrudgingly admit it is actually gratifying to a degree.

The hater hangers-on are just a bonus. Like an early Christmas bonus smile.gif

When we beat the Falcons some were saying we were a very good team, now they are just back to saying we are overrated. Oh what a 5 point win does? laugh.gif

i agree that it is too early for falcon fans to throw in the towel, the nfc east is probably their biggest problem in getting that last wildcard spot. the eagles and cowboys lost but the cowboys are still 6-3 giants 5-4 and the eagles 5-4. the falcon vs giants game is crucial. according to the nfl.com standing the falcons are 11th with the giants cowboys and eagles all ahead of them. I am not sure with what the nfl standings say though because apparently the 49ers are 3rd in the nfc.

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

Doc, what the heck are you reading? We're not 11th? Right now we have the last WC spot at 5-4! Right now the Falcons hold the tie-breaker over the Packers, followed by the G-Men...

i knew there was something wrong, because the 49ers are not 3rd in the nfc. i went to nfl.com clicked on standings and it showed that. Okay so now it says nfl standings conference. Is this correct???

1. New Orleans Saints NCS 6 0 0 1.000 234 146 88 31 4-0 2-0 W6 5-0

2. Minnesota Vikings NCN 6 0 0 1.000 187 106 81 23 3-0 3-0 W6 5-0

3. Dallas Cowboys NCE 5 2 0 .714 188 132 56 22 3-1 2-1 L1 4-1

4. Philadelphia Eagles NCE 4 2 0 .667 176 126 50 20 2-2 2-0 L1 3-2

5. Arizona Cardinals NCW 4 2 0 .667 160 115 45 19 1-2 3-0 W2 4-1

6. San Francisco 49ers NCW 4 2 0 .667 122 104 18 14 3-1 1-1 W1 3-2

7. Atlanta Falcons NCS 4 3 0 .571 192 161 31 25 3-0 1-3 L1 2-3

8. Green Bay Packers NCN 4 3 0 .571 177 145 32 20 3-1 1-2 W1 2-3

9. New York Giants NCE 3 3 0 .500 141 160 -19 15 1-1 2-2 L3 2-3

10. Carolina Panthers NCS 4 4 0 .500 167 195 -28 20 2-1 2-3 W1 4-1

I see it like this:

1- Saints: 10-0

2- Vikings: 9-1

3- Cowboys: 7-3

4- Cardinals: 7-3

5- Eagles: 6-4

6- Packers: 6-4

The Falcons could take a huge drop this weekend, especially if the Panthers win tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Panthers win tonight and the Falcons lose on Sunday, that would put both teams at 5-5. But the Panthers have a better divisional record than the Falcons, moving them ahead of them in the standings.

Just like Sean Payton.

My bad dog.

Power rankings never mean nothing untill your team is in the top. If the falcons were in the top that's all we would hear.