Panthers gave NO a run for their money, they played them better than us

atlmycity

This will be a very tough game. Dont take this game lightly guys. Im usually always head on with my predictions. Ryan doesnt need to throw any picks. We cant afford it to happen on the road. I dont know if im the only one that noticed ,but Ryan has been throwing an interception or two almost every game. Sophmore slump or not. It has to stop if we atleast wanna make the wild cards. Ryan has 10 interceptions this season so far and its week 10. I hope that Chris Houston doesnt start at corner or Steve Smith will have a great game. Carolina played the Saints down to the wire. They played them better than we did.

Edited by atlmycity

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a very tough game. Dont take this game lightly guys. Im usually always head on with my predictions. Ryan doesnt need to throw any picks. We cant afford it to happen on the road. I dont know if im the only one that noticed ,but Ryan has been throwing an interception or two almost every game. Sophmore slump or not. It has to stop if we atleast wanna make the wild cards. Ryan has 10 interceptions this season so far and its week 10. I hope that Chris Houston doesnt start at corner or Steve Smith will have a great game. Carolina played the Saints down to the wire. They played them better than we did.

Tell it.

First of all this is a division game. The TB games will be tough too. Teams know how to play in the division. That's why ATL and CAR played NO tough. You best believe the rest of the league is watching those tapes.

The Panties have been playing better. We only beat em by a TD in the first game and they were in the red zone in position to tie late in a road game.

This game could go either way but with Davis and maybe Williams out we will get it done. Should be close like the CAR and ATL games against NO.

If that message was for me the answer is yes, since 1970.

Also a realist. You can call me Fraud.

Me too since 97" yea since you say williams is out we should win then unless Ryan gives this game away. Hes been throwin a ton of interceptions. Its almost hard to watch at times.

Edited by atlmycity

I don't think the Panters outplayed the Saints better than we did. They actually had a larger lead than we did and look at how that ended: they lost by more than the 8 points we did. They only scored three points more after NO first score. Also, I think we played them with more intensity and heart. However, that is neither here nor there. How the Panthers played the Saints has absolutely nothing to do with how the matchup tomorrow will be.

True but it is a division game and Carolina will be seeking Revenge. LOL

Me too since 97" yea since you say williams is out we should win then unless Ryan gives this game away. Hes been throwin a ton of interceptions. Its almost hard to watch at times.

Yeah in a little bit of a sophomore slump but his W/L record is butta. That's all I really care about. I leave the stats for the stat boys.

I've only seen two weaknesses from Ryan. He gets rattled with pressure and loses his snap clock. He has bad footwork on some of his long throws. I basically chalk that up to the game not quite settling down for him yet. He's only played 25 games.

He's a winner though. Trust me. His 16-9 record as a starter is enough for me. Wins as a starter has long been known to be the most important stat for a QB. Although there is no official stat for that I do believe there will be one day.

I have seen non-official stats before. Usually you need 30 starts to qualify. If he wins two of the next five games he will move ahead of Vick and become the all time winningest Falcon QB in terms of winning% as a starter with 30 starts. I think he will do it. Winner.

usually always?

Is that anything like "60% of the time it works every time"?

You're the one that wanted Vick back two weeks ago, right?

Then, a couple of days later declared that Vick sucks in Philly?

Because of the contracts to Delhomme, Peppers and Gross, Panthers have no depth and lots of injuries.

Reason the running game has taken off for them is because that's all they do- They're afraid to let Delhomme throw it.

Falcons should rip them a new one. With Davis out, they won't be able to stop the run or cover Gonzo.

Delhomme can't throw it down the field anymore- without a downfield threat [ there's a reason Smith only has one TD], falcons will be able to stuff the run, force Delhomme into mistakes and the faintly flickering playoff hopes of the panthers are snuffed out.

Last two times the Falcons played the panthers, they had a three score lead in the fourth quarter in both games, they should do that again.

Falcons win going away.

Redundant are we? We get it already!

<_<

Settle down Francis. Turner has been running really well and the Panties are giving up more real estate than the foreclosure crisis right now. Turner will take the pressure off Ryan.

Someone please explain to with the negative reaction (- rep) to the OP with regards to

his opinion on tommorrow's game? Track record or something in his post is incorrect?

What is it? Now we have another poster(ffsince1970) who pretty much agrees with his

assessment and no reaction? I don't get it. I mean we are playing a division rival in

their place, with arguably the best RB tandem in the NFL and a very dangerous WR,

whom always seems to light us up. What is it? Has Matt been playing well lately, no.

Will he break out of his slump, yes, sooner rather than later imho. Has Turner been

playing well as of late? Of course. My only problem is when folks state opinions,

based largely on facts, past history, etc. they are labeled as defeatists.

dayumm if i get it, someone make me smart and BTW , you can take those - reps and

shove em. :angry:

Go Falcons!

Guest The Masked Falcon

Nothing is sure from week to week in the NFL, but if Williams is out, coupled with Davis definitely already out......then I like our chances.

usually always?

Is that anything like "60% of the time it works every time"?

You're the one that wanted Vick back two weeks ago, right?

Then, a couple of days later declared that Vick sucks in Philly?

Because of the contracts to Delhomme, Peppers and Gross, Panthers have no depth and lots of injuries.

Reason the running game has taken off for them is because that's all they do- They're afraid to let Delhomme throw it.

Falcons should rip them a new one. With Davis out, they won't be able to stop the run or cover Gonzo.

Delhomme can't throw it down the field anymore- without a downfield threat [ there's a reason Smith only has one TD], falcons will be able to stuff the run, force Delhomme into mistakes and the faintly flickering playoff hopes of the panthers are snuffed out.

Last two times the Falcons played the panthers, they had a three score lead in the fourth quarter in both games, they should do that again.

Falcons win going away.

Never said vick sucks EVER. I think i said he dont get much playing time philly so no one knows what he can do

Guest The Masked Falcon

Someone please explain to with the negative reaction (- rep) to the OP with regards to

his opinion on tommorrow's game? Track record or something in his post is incorrect?

This.

That's what's so counter productive about these guys who are trolls. Occasionally one of them might make a good point or logical argument, but their posting history gets them easily ignored or slammed.

They reap what they sew.

What is it? Now we have another poster(ffsince1970) who pretty much agrees with his

assessment and no reaction? I don't get it. I mean we are playing a division rival in

their place, with arguably the best RB tandem in the NFL and a very dangerous WR,

whom always seems to light us up. What is it? Has Matt been playing well lately, no.

Will he break out of his slump, yes, sooner rather than later imho. Has Turner been

playing well as of late? Of course. My only problem is when folks state opinions,

dayumm if i get it, someone make me smart and BTW , you can take those - reps and

Go Falcons!

I agree with what you're saying, but in this case, it IS track record. This is the same dude who wrote that he wished Matt Ryan had been more seriously injured by the late hit in the Redskins game so that it would "wake him up." He claims to be a Vick fan who wishes our current QB well, and if he WERE that, I'd have no problem. But he does NOT wish Ryan well. He loves to see him slip, and, as I already wrote, was disappointed he wasn't injured.

Guest The Masked Falcon

I agree with what you're saying, but in this case, it IS track record. This is the same dude who wrote that he wished Matt Ryan had been more seriously injured by the late hit in the Redskins game so that it would "wake him up." He claims to be a Vick fan who wishes our current QB well, and if he WERE that, I'd have no problem. But he does NOT wish Ryan well. He loves to see him slip, and, as I already wrote, was disappointed he wasn't injured.

Oops, sorry BC....didn't mean to step on your post. Looks like we both recognized this guy (original poster) at about the same time.

Go Falcons!

I agree with your premise (quite a big/difficult game) but the veiled overzealous negativity by the OP towards Matt Ryan led me to disregard the opinions.

Just seemed trollish to me....but whatever. Go Falcons!

Guest The Masked Falcon

i said he dont get much playing time philly so no one knows what he can do

....Or they have seen plenty of what he can do in practice and they think they can do much better with him riding the pine.

It's November of 2009, not November of 2004.