Super Bowl reactions

DavyDmx

I'm just curious about what other die hard Falcons fans like myself reaction would be when we win a Super Bowl. I would thank the good Lord for being able to witness something (and cross it off my bucket list) I have always dreamed this franchise could accomplish and then probably cry some tears of joy :D .

When we won our only Championship - it felt like a fist in my gut - I was stunned literally. I couldn't stand up anymore and I just sat down in my seat at the Vikings stadium and cried literally. I will never forget that feeling - everything around me seemed to be unreal - and I felt my son right there next to me - telling me - we did it and we were going to the Superbowl - I really felt like he was there with me. Falcon fans were screaming around me and Viking fans were just stunned. I was unable to move my legs.

I must have sat there for twenty minutes or more - I don't know now - seems like forever. There were so many emotions just washing over me - I couldn't breathe.

Nothing in my sports life ever felt worse than the loss at Miami that year. I was there and it just kicked the wind out of me. I had been floating ever since that game in Minnesota and I was soooo high on the feeling. I never want to feel that low again about our team.

I don't even know how I will feel when we finally win the big game - but I imagine it will be even more intense than the Minnesota game.

When we won our only Championship - it felt like a fist in my gut - I was stunned literally. I couldn't stand up anymore and I just sat down in my seat at the Vikings stadium and cried literally. I will never forget that feeling - everything around me seemed to be unreal - and I felt my son right there next to me - telling me - we did it and we were going to the Superbowl - I really felt like he was there with me. Falcon fans were screaming around me and Viking fans were just stunned. I was unable to move my legs.

I must have sat there for twenty minutes or more - I don't know now - seems like forever. There were so many emotions just washing over me - I couldn't breathe.

Nothing in my sports life ever felt worse than the loss at Miami that year. I was there and it just kicked the wind out of me. I had been floating ever since that game in Minnesota and I was soooo high on the feeling. I never want to feel that low again about our team.

I don't even know how I will feel when we finally win the big game - but I imagine it will be even more intense than the Minnesota game.

that was an awesome read an im with ya a 100% ill cry for so long lol

The funny thing, is I think a lot of us know exactly where we were and every little detail of what was going that day in Minnesota.

I had to work that day. I worked at a furniture store in San Diego and had the game on AM radio in the back of the showroom. I specifically remember this lady and her husband coming in to look at furniture and I kept drifting away from them back to the radio. When Morten Andersen lined up for the kick that won the game, the lady was midsentence of a question about some dumb piece of furniture when I SHHH'd her and went back to the radio. I heard her quietly say to her husband, "He's listening to the stupid football game". I didn't care. After the kick, I jumped in the air pumping my fist and yelling "YEEEEEAH"!!!! The lady and her husband left and I couldn't care less. I was ecstatic. That electric feeling continued until I heard about Eugene Robinson getting arrested the night before the Super bowl.

The funny thing, is I think a lot of us know exactly where we were and every little detail of what was going that day in Minnesota.

I had to work that day. I worked at a furniture store in San Diego and had the game on AM radio in the back of the showroom. I specifically remember this lady and her husband coming in to look at furniture and I kept drifting away from them back to the radio. When Morten Andersen lined up for the kick that won the game, the lady was midsentence of a question about some dumb piece of furniture when I SHHH'd her and went back to the radio. I heard her quietly say to her husband, "He's listening to the stupid football game". I didn't care. After the kick, I jumped in the air pumping my fist and yelling "YEEEEEAH"!!!! The lady and her husband left and I couldn't care less. I was ecstatic. That electric feeling continued until I heard about Eugene Robinson getting arrested the night before the Super bowl.

Yep, and I wasn't even a football fan then. I rooted for all the Atlanta teams, but had no emotional connection. I was 13 at the time and I was at my aunts when that game was on and me and a buddy of mine had just been wrestling around the living room all that day and even during the game. Not sure really why we were watching it, we were the only ones there and neither of us really cared about football. But we watched and celebrated when we won. I remember the Superbowl too, once again, I was disappointed they didn't win but had no really connection.

Well, when we beat the Viqueens for the '98 NFC Championship I went out into the middle of my front yard and yelled out "YESSSSSSSSS! WE"RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!" No tears, just pure, unadulterated joy.

When we get there and win it though there probably will be some tears. I have supported this team my whole life and will always do so until God calls me home.

Well, when we beat the Viqueens for the '98 NFC Championship I went out into the middle of my front yard and yelled out "YESSSSSSSSS! WE"RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!" No tears, just pure, unadulterated joy.

When we get there and win it though there probably will be some tears. I have supported this team my whole life and will always do so until God calls me home.

Amen Brother :) . I remember that Vikings game fondly because I was separated from my wife at that time and briefly had to move back home until my divorce was finalized -_- . When Mort hit that winning field goal my heart nearly burst out of my chest. I know if the birds bring a Super Bowl back home to the roost it will help erase decades of frustration and futility.

I'm just curious about what other die hard Falcons fans like myself reaction would be when we win a Super Bowl. I would thank the good Lord for being able to witness something (and cross it off my bucket list) I have always dreamed this franchise could accomplish and then probably cry some tears of joy :D .

Man, If the FALCONS get in the superbowl and win I hope they win by 42 points, and I hope it's not a close game. We've had enough drama over the years as FALCONS fans to where it's time the team just kicked some serious football but!!!! Win decisively, every game from now on. That's the only way the FALCONS will ever get any respect. JMO.....

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!