Is this

AtlLover

With a potentially tougher, "back-against-the-wall", at home New York Giant squad immediately facing us I'd say this game against the Panties is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

It would feel so much better going into the Meadowlands 6-3 than it would 5-4.

No, it's not a must win, but if the Falocns don't win, they are probably going to have to win a game in which they are underdogs to make the playoffs, and they will definitely have to win all of the "should win" games, which includes all the home games except for NO.

No, it's not a must win, but if the Falocns don't win, they are probably going to have to win a game in which they are underdogs to make the playoffs

Realistically, we can only lose 2, maybe 3, more games to solidify a playoff spot at 11-5 or 10-6, and even that is not guaranteed. This game is not a must-win, but if we lose, it makes practically every game from here on out a must-win. This should be one of the easier road games we have left on our schedule, which isnt saying much. I would feel much more comfortable if we could just go ahead and put the Panties out of thier misery and move on to N.Y. sitting at 6-3.

To be the "respected" team everyone is always clamoring about and get the city pumped about the Falcons like we all want you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat every week. Then pull the upsets occassionaly. This year the panties are one of those teams we are supposed to beat. So IMO it isn't so much about being a huge game, but it is one of the must win games.

And yes the teams that you are supposed to beat can change during the season based on injuries, and other things in the team makeup.

I would say...a win is needed simply cuz of our dismal road game track record.

In order to be in playoffs & win Superbowl ANY sound team HAS to especially in 2nd part of the season must win games on road.

Also, by going to Meadowlands with 6-3 mind frame will sure give us boost with a formidable foe like Giants.

I believe - Go Falcons!!!

With a potentially tougher, "back-against-the-wall", at home New York Giant squad immediately facing us I'd say this game against the Panties is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

It would feel so much better going into the Meadowlands 6-3 than it would 5-4.

It's a big (huuuuuuuuuuuge) game for a few reasons:

- As you say - going to NY at 6-3 would def. sit better

- The whole division rivaly / division record thing

- This, again, is a game that ATL should win (on paper at least). Good teams win the ones they should

- The team needs to start winning on the road, and this is a good place to start

"Must win"? Maybe not as far as the playoff picture goes. But for team morale and such - ATL needs to bag CAR for sure.