Perspective on our Charity

Finally

If you want the real heartwarming story in our charity look through the thread at all the people who gave a buck or two. People that have fallen on hard times who are giving when it is tough.

People who are living paycheck to paycheck that giving 5, 10, 20 bucks is a real sacrifice.

You guys have shown more class than any of us. I wish you a speedy turnaround in fortune. You deserve it.

Thanks. YOU made this real.

If you want the real heartwarming story in our charity look through the thread at all the people who gave a buck or two. People that have fallen on hard times who are giving when it is tough.

People who are living paycheck to paycheck that giving 5, 10, 20 bucks is a real sacrifice.

You guys have shown more class than any of us. I wish you a speedy turnaround in fortune. You deserve it.

Thanks. YOU made this real.

QFT. Very true, I unfortunately wasn't able to give as much as I'd love to give but everyone in the thread assured me (and anyone else that was only able to contribute a small amount) that every little bit counts and it's the thought that counts. Of course, guys like Finally who were able to contribute larger amounts helped make this bigger than any of us expected it could be. So kudos to everyone involved.

QFT. Very true, I unfortunately wasn't able to give as much as I'd love to give but everyone in the thread assured me (and anyone else that was only able to contribute a small amount) that every little bit counts and it's the thought that counts. Of course, guys like Finally who were able to contribute larger amounts helped make this bigger than any of us expected it could be. So kudos to everyone involved.

That is the perception but that is NOT the truth. The large amounts are an ever-decreasing fraction of the whole. It is the small amounts that built this balance into the large sum it is now.

That is the perception but that is NOT the truth. The large amounts are an ever-decreasing fraction of the whole. It is the small amounts that built this balance into the large sum it is now.

I get what you are saying, obviously the larger number of small amounts do more than 1 or 2 large sums, but those large sums put it over the top, and the one particular large donation you put forward to cover the cost of the banner gets even more donations because most people would not have been able to afford the opening bid on that.

Take the compliment!

I get what you are saying, obviously the larger number of small amounts do more than 1 or 2 large sums, but those large sums put it over the top, and the one particular large donation you put forward to cover the cost of the banner gets even more donations because most people would not have been able to afford the opening bid on that.

Take the compliment!

I have been complimented plenty. I want to put the focus on others. Sheesh.

Thanks for this Finally. I am still too caught up with everything going on to really collect my thoughts, I was hoping we would break $1000 in a week, and we broke $2300 in less than 72 hours, Now, I want to see us break $15,000.

This board reminds me of "Guy" from "That Thhing You Do". He knew he had something special in him and he was destined for great things, He just had to be in the right place at the right time.

For the AFMB, it is the right place and the right time.

You're right, Rev. This board was just begging for something to rally behind. With all the negative crap that goes on here daily, the hardships we've been through in recent years as supporters of this team, and the fact that we can all sense there is something really special happening with the entire organization....that all added up to a perfect storm of support.

If we feel this way on this board, then there are plenty of Falcon fans around that would support this great cause if it gets the right exposure. I think $15K is very achievable.

You're right, Rev. This board was just begging for something to rally behind. With all the negative crap that goes on here daily, the hardships we've been through in recent years as supporters of this team, and the fact that we can all sense there is something really special happening with the entire organization....that all added up to a perfect storm of support.

If we feel this way on this board, then there are plenty of Falcon fans around that would support this great cause if it gets the right exposure. I think $15K is very achievable.

great post, I think you just echoed what many of us couldn't put in words. thank you.

Okay, I know Finally is getting stage fright, but let me go ahead and be that guy to call him out.

First, Not only did he donated $200 right off that bat, which is amazing by itself, but the prompt donation, unquestionably encouraged others to give. We have at this point(I'm assuming) close to 200 INDIVIDUAL donors. That's phenomenal. Many of us would have donated regardless of Finally, but many I've talked to were impressed by his selflessness.

EVERYONE who has donated has made an impact in these kid's lives. That is the ultimate bottom line. Hopefully this will continue and we will make more of an impact to more of these children.

Finally, don't shy away, you've done a great thing. The 199+, don't shy away. We've ALL done great things. All things considering, times are tough, and people are giving money that could go for that extra tank of gas, the extra gallon of milk. While things may not be as convenient as we would all like, there are children in the are that have things much worse than most of us could possible imagine. If donating in the guise of defending our coach from a fine helps these kids out, it's a great thing. Please, tell all your friends, all your family, Falcons fans or not: PLEASE DONATE $5.00 if you can. It's a nifty gimmick for us as Falcons fan, and it's great that we're getting attention and making a statement, but the kids that will ultimately benefit from this are the REAL winners. Keep it coming! $15,000 shouldn't just be a lofty goal, but a reasonable expectation. Let's keep this going people!

What charity is being suported?

Okay, I know Finally is getting stage fright, but let me go ahead and be that guy to call him out.

Good grief. Do you think this is my first rodeo? I am trying, and inexplexicably failing, to put things in perspective. Charity means a LOT to me and with very few exceptions all charities live off of small gifts. The reason I keep trying to explain this is that some people feel that giving a couple of bucks a month to some charity won't mean anything. That is FAR from the truth.

I feel complimented and appreciated enough. Why am I not allowed to put focus back on the people who really built the balance? This is not some attempt at modesty it is a real attempt to recognize where the money really came from and what it meant to many of the people who gave it.