Collection Effort Mentioned on Fox5 Atlanta 6:00 Sports Show

OK just heard the scoop on Fox5. So that's Fox, ESPN and PFT. Any others?

Rev you are the freakin man bro. What can I say? I'm just glad I had a chance to meet you in my lifetime.

OK, I have to admit, I don't like the idea of donating money to someone who violated rules, but this thing has some legs now.

I think I want in. I will donate money, but not in the name of the fracas. I mean I appreciate the "got your back" thing but dude was wrong.

Instead I would like to support Smitty for turning in a 16-8 regular season record, leading a 4-12 team to the playoffs, putting together a decent coaching staff and getting the players and fans behind him. Oh, and for having our backs! :D

Please post the link to the PayPal account on this thread for me and any others that haven't contributed yet.

Nice effort.

Rev you are the freakin man bro. What can I say? I'm just glad I had a chance to meet you in my lifetime.

OK, I have to admit, I don't like the idea of donating money to someone who violated rules, but this thing has some legs now.

I think I want in. I will donate money, but not in the name of the fracas. I mean I appreciate the "got your back" thing but dude was wrong.

Instead I would like to support Smitty for turning in a 16-8 regular season record, leading a 4-12 team to the playoffs, putting together a decent coaching staff and getting the players and fans behind him. Oh, and for having our backs! :D

Please post the link to the PayPal account on this thread for me and any others that haven't contributed yet.

Nice effort.

Bravo Rev,

Really Bravo!!!!!

If the players have half the passion you do the Panthers don't stand a chance

Nice effort.

So, it was on ESPN and PFT but the local Fox affiliate is what pushed it over the edge for you? lmao.

So, it was on ESPN and PFT but the local Fox affiliate is what pushed it over the edge for you? lmao.

Hey I didn't know it was on ESPN or PFT until I came to this board tonight. I live in ATL and when I do get to watch TV it's usually Fox5. The station that televises all the Falcon games. The one that has a much broader Falcon fan reach than ESPN, PFT or even AF.Com.

Hey I didn't know it was on ESPN or PFT until I came to this board tonight. I live in ATL and when I do get to watch TV it's usually Fox5. The station that televises all the Falcon games. The one that has a much broader Falcon fan reach than ESPN, PFT or even AF.Com.

lol, EVEN AF.com? Well, maybe that's true.

Please send all donations via PayPal to https://www.paypal.c...tton_id=9617074 Let me know if you need any additional information.

OK just dropped $20.50 in the kitty.

Couldn't go with the DHall 23 scheme. Still think it was wrong.

Dropped 20 for the 20 games Smitty will win to break the curse and 50 for second year player Curtis Lofton who has been the best Falcon player through eight games. Thanks for organizing this bro.

woah! nice.What did they say?

I'm paraphrasing but something to the effect that 'there is word that Falcon Fans on the official message board have started a collection to help pay for Smith's fine'.

Not a huge spot but still the word went out to way more Falcon Fans than you could find on ESPN, PFT or AF.com.

That station reaches 5-10 million people. Probably at least 1-2 million Falcon fans that might be interested in this. ESPN, NFL Network and AF.com combined probably wouldn't have more than 50,000 Falcon fans reading this in the last two days.

I'm paraphrasing but something to the effect that 'there is word that Falcon Fans on the official message board have started a collection to help pay for Smith's fine'.

Not a huge spot but still the word went out to way more Falcon Fans than you could find on ESPN, PFT or AF.com.

That station reaches 5-10 million people. Probably at least 1-2 million Falcon fans that might be interested in this. ESPN, NFL Network and AF.com combined probably wouldn't have more than 50,000 Falcon fans reading this in the last two days.

We need to break the notion that we're paying for his fine. Cause we keep getting the same reaction: "Smith makes more than enough money to pay for the fine, blah blah"

Like that examiner article <_<

We need to break the notion that we're paying for his fine. Cause we keep getting the same reaction: "Smith makes more than enough money to pay for the fine, blah blah"Like that examiner article <_<

Yeah make it more positive and we might raise more $s.

Make it a we got your back cause you:

-took a 4-12 team to the playoffs

-have a 16-8 regular season record

-put a good staff together and kept it whole

-made personnel adjustments when needed

-got our backs

Thanks REV !! you no doubt you have brought the falcon fan base together for sure, as fans we should Always support our team and its staff it gives them confidence that carries onto the field on Sundays, i can assure you this effort is spreading Thur the club house, and that this team is fired up and will no doubt remember this for a long time to come, GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, the Daniel Cox piece is getting us more exposure and credibility than anything else. We had a nice fire, but he poured gas on it. The medai folks areound are getting the details from his article, and donations went up this afternoon once his article went out,

Folks, keep his blog on your bookmarks. Not only does he have outstanding discrimination on which articles to write, but he is a dang good writer as well.

Thanks REV !! you no doubt you have brought the falcon fan base together for sure, as fans we should Always support our team and its staff it gives them confidence that carries onto the field on Sundays, i can assure you this effort is spreading Thur the club house, and that this team is fired up and will no doubt remember this for a long time to come, GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever just wanted to be part of something special? Now is our chance. :)

We need to break the notion that we're paying for his fine. Cause we keep getting the same reaction: "Smith makes more than enough money to pay for the fine, blah blah"

Like that examiner article <_<

I e-mailed Florio at PFT and explained the support for Smith and that it was going to a charity because we are savvy enough to understand the NFL would not accept donations for the fine the morning this was started. I e-mailed Florio to correct his comment about us trying to pay his fine when he finally put it up on their site. I included the link with Daniel Cox's article which I believe did the best job of explaining things. We'll see. Florio is more about being a smartazz so I don't expect him to get it right.

Honestly, the Daniel Cox piece is getting us more exposure and credibility than anything else. We had a nice fire, but he poured gas on it. The medai folks areound are getting the details from his article, and donations went up this afternoon once his article went out,Folks, keep his blog on your bookmarks. Not only does he have outstanding discrimination on which articles to write, but he is a dang good writer as well.

Where is that article? Could you post it in this thread?

Please don't discount the Fox5 thing. If Fox5 broke it you best believe 2, 11 and 46 will tonight. That's our biggest audience. By far. Yeah ESPN, AF.com, PFT and NFL Network can broadcast to a couple hundred thousand Falcon fans. But the local networks broadcast to more like 1-2 million Falcon fans four or five times a day.

I think you should call all the local stations. Get on the morning shows. Same with local radio. Falcon fans are your target. That's where you can get it. Local stations.

One more thing. Like others have suggested, soften it up some, make it more positive. Just a Smitty support campaign with charities to benefit and that will pour a little more gas on it. Drop the DHall fight. Take DHall out of your program and it will take off like Balloon Boy. Trust me.

If you don't change a thing though you get the 2009 Best Falcon poster award from me bro. (Honorable mention to SuperFan and Tandy). Not only are you a good mod and good poster, you are creative and most importantly know how to execute. Plus a man of the cloth. Excellent. I hope to get to your level one day.

OH I forgot to mention, get on the Falcon Extra weekly show. I think that's the name of it. They are filming this week's show as we speak. I wish you could have gotten on that one. Ryan is the guest tonight. Best Falcon interviewee since Jam. You can catch em next week. I know that's a lot. Put Gazoo to work. He will go get it for you. Trust me.

Lastly, if you haven't already, you should set up a something for the people that can't contribute $$$s. There are a lot of them out there. A Letter To Mike maybe. With the old school pic of him that one of the posters has on his avatar. LOL

Where is that article? Could you post it in this thread?

Please don't discount the Fox5 thing. If Fox5 broke it you best believe 2, 11 and 46 will tonight. That's our biggest audience. By far. Yeah ESPN, AF.com, PFT and NFL Network can broadcast to a couple hundred thousand Falcon fans. But the local networks broadcast to more like 1-2 million Falcon fans four or five times a day.

I think you should call all the local stations. Get on the morning shows. Same with local radio. Falcon fans are your target. That's where you can get it. Local stations.

One more thing. Like others have suggested, soften it up some, make it more positive. Just a Smitty support campaign with charities to benefit and that will pour a little more gas on it. Drop the DHall fight. Take DHall out of your program and it will take off like Balloon Boy. Trust me.

If you don't change a thing though you get the 2009 Best Falcon poster award from me bro. (Honorable mention to SuperFan and Tandy). Not only are you a good mod and good poster, you are creative and most importantly know how to execute. Plus a man of the cloth. Excellent. I hope to get to your level one day.

I am beside myself for someone who I can respect their viewpoint as a 40+ fan as I am but seems a bit more negative/jaded/realist whatever you want to call it counseling Rev Hal to concentrate on the positive and getting Gazoo involved to boot. You gotta love when Falcons fans come together.

I am beside myself for someone who I can respect their viewpoint as a 40+ fan as I am but seems a bit more negative/jaded/realist whatever you want to call it counseling Rev Hal to concentrate on the positive and getting Gazoo involved to boot. You gotta love when Falcons fans come together.

There is a big fat grey line between realist and pessimist. I am a realist. Most view realism as pessimism. Cool wit me. You do you, just please let me do me. OK?

Kenobi, I may not agree with any of these guys on this board but I have met many of them, including Gaz, Rev, Sac, Banker, Shiny, Cappy, Iowa, Mozzie, Clown you name it. At least two of them have banned me before. Or banded me as some would say. Regardless, they are all good people and I like them. More importantly, they are Falcon fans. I like all Falcon fans. Good, bad or ugly.

As far as Rev's campaign I think it is noble, just slightly misguided. I think we should be supporting the coach for his tangible contributions to the team. They far out weigh the bush league scrum. The league already spoke and Smitty acknowledged this as a learning process. I think if you focus it on all the positives it will take off the way Rev wants it to.

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

There is a big fat grey line between realist and pessimist. I am a realist. Most view realism as pessimism. Cool wit me. You do you, just please let me do me. OK?

Kenobi, I may not agree with any of these guys on this board but I have met many of them, including Gaz, Rev, Sac, Banker, Shiny, Cappy, Iowa, Mozzie, Clown you name it. At least three of them have banned me before. Or banded me as some would say. Regardless, they are all good people and I like them. More importantly, they are Falcon fans. I like all Falcon fans. Good, bad or ugly.

I was as you say "doing me". I appreciate the fact that all of us no matter how different come together when it counts as Falcons fans. Not a jab by any means, just an appreciation of times like these.