Redskins Insider article tries to "spin" MeAngelo's involvement....

Falcons coach fined $15,000, reports say (updated)

Atlanta Falcons Coach Mike Smith has been fined $15,000 for his role in the sideline fracas Sunday involving the Redskins, according to multiple reports.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports, citing a league source, that the amount of the fine is double that given to Albert Haynesworth. LaRon Landry was fined $5,000, according to Schefter. Landry said Wednesday that he had simply forwarded the envelope to his agent without checking the amount and that he plans to appeal; Haynesworth said Wednesday that he would pay the fine. "It's all right," Haynesworth said. "We make money here, so I can pay it."

Schefter reported that DeAngelo Hall was not fined and that Falcons director of athletic performance Jeff Fish was fined $2,500.

The incident occurred after Landry's late hit on Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan. Hall, who formerly played for the Falcons, found himself on the Atlanta sidelines, caught alone amid the shouting and shoving until Haynesworth entered the fracas.

"That's my teammate. I'm not going to let my teammate get jumped or beat up or anything like that," Haynesworth said Wednesday. He cracked a smile and continued: "I mean, Mike Smith did have him pinned up over there. I can't let the old man beat up my cornerback, so I had to go over there and save him."

Yeah...he "found" himself on our sideline. Like he just opened his eyes and poof...he's in our faces!!

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but has anyone stopped to think that D. Hall's tattle-tailing to the commissioner to get Mike Smith fined actually caused more scrutiny over the whole event bringing about the fines to two of his own teammates? He screws up, gets embarrassed by an "old man", cries so that he can get attention, weasels his way out of it and essentially throws his own teammates under the bus to take fines. Wow!

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but has anyone stopped to think that D. Hall's tattle-tailing to the commissioner to get Mike Smith fined actually caused more scrutiny over the whole event bringing about the fines to two of his own teammates? He screws up, gets embarrassed by an "old man", cries so that he can get attention, weasels his way out of it and essentially throws his own teammates under the bus to take fines. Wow!

that type of behavior is probably why dhall "found" himself in the center of a cast (google ftw) of falcons all by himself.

sidenote: just learned from google that "cast" refers to a group of falcons.