Carolina game will depend on how well Turner does?

atlmycity

This is defintely gonna be a good game and a tough one. Carolina last game, they gave New Orleans a run for their money last week. This game is a road game. If Turner gets going we should win, we know Ryan struggles a bit when Turner cant get going. I just Ryan does'nt throw an interception this game like hes been doing the last few games.

Edited by atlmycity

This is defintely gonna be a good game and a tough one. Carolina game New Orleans a run for their money last week. This game is a road game. If Turner gets going we should win, we know Ryan struggles a bit when Turner cant get going. I just Ryan does'nt throw an interception this game like hes been doing the last few games.

So, do you hope the Falcons lose so that you can piss and moan some more about Coach Smith and Ryan?

Muhammad is talking too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

“We have to almost throw caution to the wind a little bit; try not to play with as much caution,” Muhammad said. “We’re going to make some mistakes and I think that is part of playing football.

“I would love to be aggressive and I think at certain points of the game we are aggressive and certain points we’re not aggressive. That’s totally on our coaches to decide when to do those things.” ..

Amazingly, through eight games this season Carolina’s wide receiving corps has combined for one touchdown, that coming on a 50-yard scoring strike from Delhomme to Smith against Arizona.

Carolina’s other four touchdown receptions went to tight ends.

“I am totally shocked,” said Muhammad, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing the last two games. “It’s amazing. It’s befuddling to me. I don’t understand it.

I think it will partially depend.

I'm hoping, and I think we all are, that Matt can come up with a big game. But the load won't be all on Turner.

After that 49er game they showed Cutler's interceptions on NFL Network an showed he was leading the league. Matt Ryan was on that list also with 10 interceptions. I knew Matt had alot but , i didnt know he had that many.

Any RB that can piece back-to-back big games together is a plus for any QB because the offense doesn't become one-dimensional.

I think our defense needs to win this game for us...getting Turner rolling will be a plus, but our defense determines whether we win this game or not. We have to cosistently put pressure on Delhomme and stop Williams from breaking big yardage. Of course, we need to put up points, but I think the defense moreso needs to get rolling first and foremost.

Ryan will be fine...we're at midseason and I think he's managed well against some of the toughest defenses in the league. Now that he's gotten the experience, he can only get better.

Carolina's Defense:

Pass - 6th

Run - 23rd

Yards - 9th

Points - 27th

If I had to go on stats alone, I'd expect a big game from Turner and our defense via turnovers.

However, I think they'll go with the plan from the first game: Stack the box to stop turner and make Ryan beat them.

We ran more screens last game too.

So the question is: Do we win based on Turner's success? I'd have to say no. More than likely he will be met with four or more up front in the first quarter, forcing Mularkey to use Gonzalez (quite possibly the screen again?) more and burn them up with quick 5-10 yard strikes. Once the defense switches to 3-4, it will hopefully be too late or Turner will start finding gaps for big gains and we start controlling that clock.

My two things to watch will be White and Ryan. If Roddy can get out of double coverage (no help from Jenkins on that) will we throw the deep ball to him? And if so, I'll be interested to see how successful Ryan is in throwing to him.

Carolina's Defense:

Pass - 6th

Run - 23rd

Yards - 9th

Points - 27th

If I had to go on stats alone, I'd expect a big game from Turner and our defense via turnovers.

However, I think they'll go with the plan from the first game: Stack the box to stop turner and make Ryan beat them.

We ran more screens last game too.

So the question is: Do we win based on Turner's success? I'd have to say no. More than likely he will be met with four or more up front in the first quarter, forcing Mularkey to use Gonzalez (quite possibly the screen again?) more and burn them up with quick 5-10 yard strikes. Once the defense switches to 3-4, it will hopefully be too late or Turner will start finding gaps for big gains and we start controlling that clock.

My two things to watch will be White and Ryan. If Roddy can get out of double coverage (no help from Jenkins on that) will we throw the deep ball to him? And if so, I'll be interested to see how successful Ryan is in throwing to him.

Seems like Jenkins is the new Ja98

Edited by ChessPlayer1

i know you don't have much in your head...but think WAAAYYY back to week 2 when Ryan whooped the panthers with precision passes. Top 5 pass defense.

Didn't Turner have 100 yards that game? Or close to it?

Dude is right. I haven't checked the stats but Ryan and Turner have started 25 games together and usually when Turner has been shut down we have lost. Only a couple wins I can remember. One was the miracle CHI game. If I'm not mistaken we have some ridiculous record when Turner rushes for 100 yards. You need to be able to run the ball to win in the NFL. I don't care who your QB is.

Just checked the stats.

We are 4-8 (.333) when Turner is under 96 yards. One of those wins came in the fumblerooski MIN game last year and of course there is the miracle CHI game. We could easily have been 2-10 (.167) in games where Turner was under 96 yards.

We are 12-1 (.923) in games Turner has rushed the ball for 96 or more yards. The lone loss came two weeks ago in a turnover plagued game against the Aints.

Conclusion: we have a much better chance of winning when Turner rushes for 96 yards or more.

Edited by FalconFanSince1970