$15000 Fine for Smith

IN_Falcon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading your posts on the embarrasing incident we had last week for both sides. Nothing good can really be gained from coaches and opposing teams players going face to face. But since I have not seen a clip of the incident on here and alot of posters here think mike smith was justified for his actions since 1) his franchise qb got hit late and unnecessary and 2) hall had no biz going over to the falcons sideline.

1) You just cant allow coaches and opposing team players to get into shouting matches. What if hall had hit or pushed mike smith? What if mike smith had hit or shoved hall and he shoved or hit mike smith back? All **** would have broken loose and players from both sides would have had to get involved. The skins players would all be suspended for leaving their sideline as well. Given mike smith and d hall's history and reputation, this could have been alot worse and something the nfl, falcons and skins would be embarrased to be a part of.

2) D hall never went over or entered your sideline to start trash talking. He was already there as a result of him pursuing the play. This happens all the time in football. Just watch the clip, stopping the frame a times and really see whats happening.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0nnmtyNIQI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0nnmtyNIQI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0nnmtyNIQI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/33271-the-d-hall-incident.html

watch the video. hall claims he was going over there to pull landry back but you can clearly see that both landry and matt ryan walked out of the sideline very easily by themselves away from the mess hall was causing. it was obvious watching the video that hall wasn't trying to help landry, he was trying to go talk smack. he should have left with landry and ryan and there wouldn't have been a problem. he should be lucky that he tried to take on a whole team and he made it out of there in one piece.

2) D hall never went over or entered your sideline to start trash talking. He was already there as a result of him pursuing the play. This happens all the time in football. Just watch the clip, stopping the frame a times and really see whats happening.

Were you on the sidelines? How do you know if DLO was running his mouth or not? Let me tell you something. If that guy didn't have a long standing history of being a big mouth jerkoff, every media outlet in the country wouldn't have assumed it was his fault.

So his crybaby act worked. Congratulations to the Redskins for having the biggest wussy to ever put on a uniform on their team.

dpass3.jpg

peyton was the source that there was 6 others who had been to the pro bowl. however i also was referring the year there were 6 probowlers on the same team, 2005.

Yeah I know...I was really trying to figure out when all of the things you listed were in the same year (the 6 probowlers, #1 in rushing and top ten scoring defense). I thought it was 2004, but the defense wasn't top ten - then I thought it was 2002, but the other two things didn't happen..so oh well, eventually all three will happen in the same season!

Not in 2002 it wasnt 6 that went to the pro bowl.

2005 had 6 players go to the probowl, the top rushing game in the league, an easy schedule, and a 8-8 record. well it doesn't help to have the 25th ranked passer with a passer rating of 73.1

which brings me to another point.... why are those that are anti Ryan, pro Vick hammering on ryan for having an 82 passer rating?

Yeah I know...I was really trying to figure out when all of the things you listed were in the same year (the 6 probowlers, #1 in rushing and top ten scoring defense). I thought it was 2004, but the defense wasn't top ten - then I thought it was 2002, but the other two things didn't happen..so oh well, eventually all three will happen in the same season!

it would be nice

2005 had 6 players go to the probowl, the top rushing game in the league, an easy schedule, and a 8-8 record. well it doesn't help to have the 25th ranked passer with a passer rating of 73.1

which brings me to another point.... why are those that are anti Ryan, pro Vick hammering on ryan for having an 82 passer rating?

it would be nice

BRAVO! (clap, clap, clap)

watch the video. hall claims he was going over there to pull landry back but you can clearly see that both landry and matt ryan walked out of the sideline very easily by themselves away from the mess hall was causing. it was obvious watching the video that hall wasn't trying to help landry, he was trying to go talk smack. he should have left with landry and ryan and there wouldn't have been a problem. he should be lucky that he tried to take on a whole team and he made it out of there in one piece.

I agree that hall looked for an opportunity to talk smack. Do you agree after watching the clip that hall was already on your sideline as a result of pursuing the play and didnt enter your sideline?

Landry gets up, one of your players lightly tugs at landry and says something to him (justified). landry doesnt seem to care or get offended, knows he hit your qb late and seems to understand that hes on an oppossing sideline and getting an earful is normal. hall (not landry) seems to take this dont touch my player mentality and comes over to knock the falcons hand off landry. landry walks off with matt ryan who says something to him (expected) landry knows what he did. hall gets surrounded.

Hall's explanation that he was trying to protect a teammate is just as laughable as mike smith's explanation that he was just trying to calm things down. hall and mike smith are both hotheads to me, and both gave disingenious "explanations".

fact is, if landry wasnt offended then hall shouldnt have been either. really hall and mike smith have alot in common.

I agree that hall looked for an opportunity to talk smack. Do you agree after watching the clip that hall was already on your sideline as a result of pursuing the play and didnt enter your sideline?

Landry gets up, one of your players lightly tugs at landry and says something to him (justified). landry doesnt seem to care or get offended, knows he hit your qb late and seems to understand that hes on an oppossing sideline and getting an earful is normal. hall (not landry) seems to take this dont touch my player mentality and comes over to knock the falcons hand off landry. landry walks off with matt ryan who says something to him (expected) landry knows what he did. hall gets surrounded.

Hall's explanation that he was trying to protect a teammate is just as laughable as mike smith's explanation that he was just trying to calm things down. hall and mike smith are both hotheads to me, and both gave disingenious "explanations".

fact is, if landry wasnt offended then hall shouldnt have been either. really hall and mike smith have alot in common.

i don't think so. i'll watch it again but hall wasn't part of the play. he must have been covering downfield for the safety to have to make the play in the flat. the thing is, very, very early into it landry and ryan walk off, together, probably giving each other props on the play, unharmed. dhall goes deep into our bench. that's just asking for trouble there.

Were you on the sidelines? How do you know if DLO was running his mouth or not? Let me tell you something. If that guy didn't have a long standing history of being a big mouth jerkoff, every media outlet in the country wouldn't have assumed it was his fault.

So his crybaby act worked. Congratulations to the Redskins for having the biggest wussy to ever put on a uniform on their team.

Lol, I know hall talks way more than he should and i do believe he was looking for a situation to talk some smack but Im sure hall wasnt the only one talking smack or not acting professionally in this incident. Who are we going to expect to have more control over their emotions and act professionally, a 20 something hothead in d hall or a 60 plus coach of a NFL team?

im not defending d hall, i hated the signing and his negative reflection upon my team. but mike smith and your strength coach are just a culpabale as d hall, what does that say?

Lol, I know hall talks way more than he should and i do believe he was looking for a situation to talk some smack but Im sure hall wasnt the only one talking smack or not acting professionally in this incident. Who are we going to expect to have more control over their emotions and act professionally, a 20 something hothead in d hall or a 60 plus coach of a NFL team?

im not defending d hall, i hated the signing and his negative reflection upon my team. but mike smith and your strength coach are just a culpabale as d hall, what does that say?

Who really cares. It's football and emotions run high, but only one guy involved decided to tell mommy.

How exactly did HALL escape a fine? I guess I could sorta see a fine for Smith (I don't agree with it just saying I can at least see WHY they did it) if they gave all involved a fine including Hall. HALL was the one who went into OUR sideline AFTER his guy LEFT our sideline. He was right there jawing at guys and putting hands on people as well. This is a joke.

i don't think so. i'll watch it again but hall wasn't part of the play. he must have been covering downfield for the safety to have to make the play in the flat. the thing is, very, very early into it landry and ryan walk off, together, probably giving each other props on the play, unharmed. dhall goes deep into our bench. that's just asking for trouble there.

I dont know man. Ive watched this thing a few times. It seems clear to me that hall was pursuing the play and his momentum carried him deep into the falcons sideline. Thats innocent in and of itself as alot of times an opposing players momentum will carry him deep into an opposing teams sideline on plays near the sideline.

Now what d hall did after that was stupid and maybe im making too fine of a point for something that doesnt deserve such scrutiny, but watching the clip you can clearly see hall legitimately was on the sideline as landry was getting up. from there its just a bunch of knuckleheads acting like knuckheads.

Hard one. Its either that Mike Smith can kick Halls *** if need be, or that we are homers in regards to this team and the coaches on it.

The Redskins fans will eventually get tired of defending the actions of Hall just as the Falcons fans did. He hasn't learned anything by now and now seemingly his actions were acceptable by the NFL he will not change.

Too late here are what they are saying!

"I'm truly starting to detest DeAngelo Hall. He comes off like a complete idiot here. "I'm gonna call Roger Goodell." Please. That is pathetic."

"Worst CB signing since Deion. Dude is a manchild, there is no way around it. And so what if someone cursed at him? So now all someone has to do is curse and he rages into a personal foul? What a tool."

"my money is on Smith...Hall is the biggest wussy on our team"

"Bottom line, this is just Sour grapes from DHall."

http://www.hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=50124

It goes on and on and on! LOL!

Vick didnt play in 2003 dude, his numbers were far better with Reeves an if we wouldnt have fired Reeves when Vick got injured for no reason who knows what he wouldve done in 03. Ryan had More weapons once again. Turner carried Ryan last season he had 16tds an 1700 yrds bro.

so how is the great Mike Vick now?