The fines are starting to come in

etherdome

So far, only two players have been fined for their involvement in Sunday's tussle. Haynesworth and Landry received fines. Unbelievably, DeAngelo did not get dinged. ESPN reported that Hall did not get fined because he did not physically push anyone. Additionally, ESPN believes that Mike Smith will get fined tomorrow for his involvement.

What have we learned?

1 A head coach can not allow himself to become emotionally out of control. Why? Because he is the undisputed leader. Followers have the luxury of letting their emotions get the best of them, from time to time. Leaders have no such luxury. I mention this only because this is the second time that Mike Smith has allowed himself to get too close to opposing players in an argument. I like Mike Smith and I want him to be our longest tenured HC. However, he has to walk away from this experience a better leader. Let's hope that he can find a way to show his players that he truly cares for them, without stepping over the line.

2 DeAngelo Hall has some psychological problems. He is a man with tremendous physical talent but not much production. He has a lot of misplaced venom for the Falcons and it shows. I don't like to see wasted talent and D Hall is the walking definition of wasted talent. I hope that he gets professional help with his psyche and develops into a mature man.

3 Emotions can help you perform better but they can also cause you to perform worse. I want to see our team play with toughness and grit, but I don't want emotion to act as a distraction. Mike Smith needs to address his team and let them know that he will always have their backs, but that he will never again allow himself to loose control. This incident can act as a moment that brings the team together towards a successful goal. Or, it can serve as a sign that the team is beginning to crumble under the pressure.

Smith should be fined. Only a blowhard would want to stick up for his players. He should have stood in the back and blew kisses at Deangelo instead of trying to get him to leave the sideline. What was Smith doing on the Falcons sideline anyways? He should have been on the other side of the field where he belongs.

Besides, Deangelo was just asking the guys if he could come back and join the team. That doesn't deserve getting shoved by a blowhard coach. You don't know what is like to lose all the time. Deangelo was well justified.

Smith should be fined. Only a blowhard would want to stick up for his players. He should have stood in the back and blew kisses at Deangelo instead of trying to get him to leave the sideline. What was Smith doing on the Falcons sideline anyways? He should have been on the other side of the field where he belongs.

Besides, Deangelo was just asking the guys if he could come back and join the team. That doesn't deserve getting shoved by a blowhard coach. You don't know what is like to lose all the time. Deangelo was well justified.

dude, stfu please..who are you??did u get banned and changed your screen name cause your post hate post have looked so familiar..

So far, only two players have been fined for their involvement in Sunday's tussle. Haynesworth and Landry received fines. Unbelievably, DeAngelo did not get dinged. ESPN reported that Hall did not get fined because he did not physically push anyone. Additionally, ESPN believes that Mike Smith will get fined tomorrow for his involvement.

What have we learned?

1 A head coach can not allow himself to become emotionally out of control. Why? Because he is the undisputed leader. Followers have the luxury of letting their emotions get the best of them, from time to time. Leaders have no such luxury. I mention this only because this is the second time that Mike Smith has allowed himself to get too close to opposing players in an argument. I like Mike Smith and I want him to be our longest tenured HC. However, he has to walk away from this experience a better leader. Let's hope that he can find a way to show his players that he truly cares for them, without stepping over the line.

2 DeAngelo Hall has some psychological problems. He is a man with tremendous physical talent but not much production. He has a lot of misplaced venom for the Falcons and it shows. I don't like to see wasted talent and D Hall is the walking definition of wasted talent. I hope that he gets professional help with his psyche and develops into a mature man.

3 Emotions can help you perform better but they can also cause you to perform worse. I want to see our team play with toughness and grit, but I don't want emotion to act as a distraction. Mike Smith needs to address his team and let them know that he will always have their backs, but that he will never again allow himself to loose control. This incident can act as a moment that brings the team together towards a successful goal. Or, it can serve as a sign that the team is beginning to crumble under the pressure.

I dont mind Coach Smith doing what he did and I think that our players really love it, which is all that matters. He didnt do anything wrong to Hall, he was trying to get him to go to his sideline. Just like in Baseball and in the NBA sometimes coaches get kicked out of games for sticking up for their players and sometimes those players get fired up. It is not like Smitty does it for the heck of it, it is usually because he as a leader is protecting his family like a leader is supposed to do.

Someone is so moved by my posts that they created a username almost identical to mine.

I have no connection to PHATRYAN without a . at the end. He is a Falcon fan who is upset with the coach and QB of this organization and he only wants whats best for this team, which is firing everyone, including the owner, and starting over with entirely new 53 man roster.

Me, I'm a Bucs fan that just wants to talk about football and life in general and maybe, if I'm lucky, I will meet the man of my dreams on here.

I have no connection to PHATRYAN without a . at the end. He is a Falcon fan who is upset with the coach and QB of this organization and he only wants whats best for this team, which is firing everyone, including the owner, and starting over with entirely new 53 man roster.

Me, I'm a Bucs fan that just wants to talk about football and life in general and maybe, if I'm lucky, I will meet the man of my dreams on here.

You just keep doin' what you're doin'. I didn't even notice the name difference...lol.

Bro, that's good shiz.....LMAO....

Looks like some folks on here don't get it tho'...

Is it hard knowing that anything you say is going to be completely foolish? Have you just accepted that your words bear no weight, and that's why you spew forth such utter garbage?

At any rate, for Hall not to get fined, but for everyone else to is just assanine at best.