Tye Hill

Tye Hill as a part time WR  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should the FALCONS try using Tye Hill from time to time as a WR?

• I think it's a great ideal, with him and Roddy on the field it could increase our deep passing threat!
    • No way, don't risk the extra chance for injury. Bad ideal!
    • I'm all for it, as long as Roddy isn't the WR he plays part time for.
    • No comment, lets see what he can do on defense before we start talking possible options.

It's no big secret that Tye Hill is a fast runner, he showed it in the last game when he returned the interception for a touchdown.

My question is, and it's just a thought.

Do you think the FALCONS should try and use Tye Hill as a part time WR?

I am not going to mention him as a possible kick/punt returner, I think Weems has been doing a great job with the returns and there's no reason to change that IMO.

I was just thinking that if you bring in Tye Hill on one side of the field in place of Jenkins and have Roddy White on the other side that it might could help the FALCONS have a better deep passing threat. Send him running full blast down the field along with Roddy could cause some serious problems for a defense trying to cover them.

Even if you didn't throw to him imagine how much more open space in the middle of the field it could give Tony G. and Turner.

I know, we need to see what he can do on defense first, and he's still learning.

Keep in mind, please don't flame me, I am just asking for your opinion and throwing this ideal out there.

NO WAY should we use him in any offensive capability. He did look good overall and returning the INT for the TD last week but I think we are to short handed at the CB position to expect him to play WR and CB. Let Hill play CB and rest him while the offense is on the field. Maybe next season we could consider it.

Edited by Falcons0081

The risk of injury is too great. Besides, why on earth would we need him at WR when we have Eric Weems and will get Harry Douglas back next season. Wouldn't you say both those guys have comparable speed to Hill? I think losing HD has hurt Ryan some. We need Weems in the game more. Perhaps with the injury to Brian Finneran, that will happen. I love Finn but Weems needs to get his hands on the ball more.

The risk of injury is too great. Besides, why on earth would we need him at WR when we have Eric Weems and will get Harry Douglas back next season. Wouldn't you say both those guys have comparable speed to Hill? I think losing HD has hurt Ryan some. We need Weems in the game more. Perhaps with the injury to Brian Finneran, that will happen. I love Finn but Weems needs to get his hands on the ball more.

Yeah I really hated to see Fin get hurt.

It was just a thought. I just feel like Jenkins isn't getting the job done this year is really the only reason I mentioned the ideal. Maybe he'll step it up and prove me wrong, I hope so. It just seems like Jenkins is dropping every pass that comes his way here lately.

It's a little silly to say just because a guy is fast he should be a WR. That's a whole different skill set. Through his College and Pro career he's worked to be a DB, a little late in his career to become a WR. They also say fast guys that can't catch or run routes become DBs.

What he can do is return punts and kickoffs. However, Weems is doing a good job with it for now.

No... But it really has nothing to do with injury. It's a fulltime job being a CB, and it's a fulltime job being a WR. He needs to spend every second of practice and film room time working on being a better CB. That's hard enough as it is, and I've heard he had a hard time picking up the defense to begin with, why would you want to overload him with trying to learn an offense too?

just because it works well (very very well) in madden does not mean it will work in reality...

(although on a semi-related note... the year before we got turner I traded for him in franchise mode... not saying dimintroff stole my idea... but i did do it first...) :lol:

This is why I asked a poll and didn't state an opinion as the initial start of this thread.

I think we should see what Tye Hill can do first on defense, and keep him healthy.

That being said, I'm for anything that will help or improve this team. Even Mike Smith has said this type of comment where he's talking about "Always looking for a way to improve the TEAM". I'm not an anti-Jenkins type of person, but IMO this has to be one of the worst seasons I have seen Jenkins have IMO.... No excuses for him, the ball has been going his way and he just drops the ball. If he's not contributing then he is taking up a missed opportunity for another player by trying to play the position IMO.........

Give Troy B. the chance, or anybody that can at least catch the ball. There was a legit excuse for Jenkins dropping the ball when UKWHO was QB because he tried to launch rockets with every throw, but that's not the case with Matt Ryan in at QB, he has thrown passes to jenkins that should have been caught time and time again, but they have been dropped.

Be all that as it may, Jenkins needs to step it up and start catching. You can't honestly say he's our best option when he can't seem to catch the ball regardless of how you want to make it out to be. Our best option is somebody who can catch the ball when it's thrown to them, if given the opportunity. The way Jenkins has played by dropping the ball, it might be time to start rotating players at his position to see if we can get any production out of them.

Flame me or whatever..... I'm telling the truth here.... And I ain't ANTI-Jenkins, I'm PRO-FALCON Production best player should be in the game "Someone who can catch the ball".

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck no!!! First of all there's no need for him to be in the offense. Second look how long it took him to figure out our d-game you think he could handle both.

I was thinking it takes about 7-8 weeks for a vet CB to work his way onto the field in the Falcon D

If it took 7 weeks for him to learn to offensive plays and routes the season would be over and next year Douglas will be back and he is fast so why bother?

This is why I asked a poll and didn't state an opinion as the initial start of this thread.

I think we should see what Tye Hill can do first on defense, and keep him healthy.

That being said, I'm for anything that will help or improve this team. Even Mike Smith has said this type of comment where he's talking about "Always looking for a way to improve the TEAM". I'm not an anti-Jenkins type of person, but IMO this has to be one of the worst seasons I have seen Jenkins have IMO.... No excuses for him, the ball has been going his way and he just drops the ball. If he's not contributing then he is taking up a missed opportunity for another player by trying to play the position IMO.........

Give Troy B. the chance, or anybody that can at least catch the ball. There was a legit excuse for Jenkins dropping the ball when UKWHO was QB because he tried to launch rockets with every throw, but that's not the case with Matt Ryan in at QB, he has thrown passes to jenkins that should have been caught time and time again, but they have been dropped.

Be all that as it may, Jenkins needs to step it up and start catching. You can't honestly say he's our best option when he can't seem to catch the ball regardless of how you want to make it out to be. Our best option is somebody who can catch the ball when it's thrown to them, if given the opportunity. The way Jenkins has played by dropping the ball, it might be time to start rotating players at his position to see if we can get any production out of them.

Flame me or whatever..... I'm telling the truth here.... And I ain't ANTI-Jenkins, I'm PRO-FALCON Production best player should be in the game "Someone who can catch the ball".

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although we don't want a darius heyward-bey type player speed with no hands... gotta be sure tye hill can catch... heyward-bey can't catch and it costs them... they lost to the cheifs because he can't catch... not like they needed the win... :lol: