Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

THe OFFICIAL Coach Smith Fine/Charity Collections Information - Current total - $2,913.88

662 posts in this topic

Actually, this is a grass roots fan movement. It wold probably be best to keep it at that. I'm sure that the Falcons major sponsors already give generously to Falcons causes.

I agree. This should be absolutely a Falcons fan movement. I am just thinking of the extra exposure we would get if a big Atlanta corporation were to throw in a couple of thousand dollars. It will be pennies to them and a tax write off, while giving them good PR, but it shows the rest of the NFL that people in Atlanta (companies included) support our team.

We are constantly getting bashed about how the fan base in Atlanta is not supportive. If a company like Air Tran or Coke were to come on board we would be guaranteed a lot of exposure and more money would come into the charity.

I want to see this on ESPN! I want teams to fear coming into the Dome!! I want other players to know they cannot push us around!!!

I agree. This should be absolutely a Falcons fan movement. I am just thinking of the extra exposure we would get if a big Atlanta corporation were to throw in a couple of thousand dollars. It will be pennies to them and a tax write off, while giving them good PR, but it shows the rest of the NFL that people in Atlanta (companies included) support our team.

We are constantly getting bashed about how the fan base in Atlanta is not supportive. If a company like Air Tran or Coke were to come on board we would be guaranteed a lot of exposure and more money would come into the charity.

I want to see this on ESPN! I want teams to fear coming into the Dome!! I want other players to know they cannot push us around!!!

That is a great thought. Get the corporations involved. I own a very small business in NC and will be sending money via Koality Lawn Care! **** I will be able to right it off on my taxes! Win-Win!

That is a great thought. Get the corporations involved. I own a very small business in NC and will be sending money via Koality Lawn Care! **** I will be able to right it off on my taxes! Win-Win!

Very nice!!! Cool!

Corp sponsors won't touch anything in conflict with the NFL. Even though they would be supporting a charity the perception would get misunderstodd maily due to the media help so that is too big of a risk with little reward.

I think if ESPN can cover Sanchez and Hot Dog Gate then they might at least plug in a quick bit about the AFMB backing Smith, protesting Hall, all while donating to a charity. I personally think it is better than a full page ad or billboard complaining about a win loss record.

Corp sponsors won't touch anything in conflict with the NFL. Even though they would be supporting a charity the perception would get misunderstodd maily due to the media help so that is too big of a risk with little reward.

I think if ESPN can cover Sanchez and Hot Dog Gate then they might at least plug in a quick bit about the AFMB backing Smith, protesting Hall, all while donating to a charity. I personally think it is better than a full page ad or billboard complaining about a win loss record.

I understand what you are saying but I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think it's so much of conflicting with the NFL as it is supporting the team and the city. A cleaver media person in one of these big companies can spin this into a big positive. How many people live in the Atlanta area now? Like 5 million? That is a lot of exposure. But, I totally agree that a company does not want to be seen in a negative light.

I really think the point is for the fans and the city to be behind the coach. That is the point. We support our team and our coaches and are willing to put money up. It's going to charity. I mean I probably wouldnt have donated if there was any chance that coach Smith would actually use the money. The point is that I am helping people (probably kids) and I am showing support for our great team and awesome city. The more people that give, in my opinion, are doing the same. Helping people and showing support for the team and city.

Hey Rev, I also have numerous rookie autographed Falcon cards, and others that ill donate to be sold on ebay. Est. value is around 150-200. J. Norwoods rookie auto, L. Tomlinson rookie card, Lebron James rookie card, and just to get them out of my possession, 3 D. Hall rookie autographs. let me know how I can get these to you.

kevykev21 likes this

I have been informed that a member of the media will be asking Coach Smith about this today in the press conference. :)

I have been informed that a member of the media will be asking Coach Smith about this today in the press conference. :)

That is so cool. That conference needs to get posted as soon as it happens!

ok so im wondering if coach smith actually got fined, and if he will not get fined, what will happen to all this money being collected???

Charity...

ok so im wondering if coach smith actually got fined, and if he will not get fined, what will happen to all this money being collected???

It is going to charity no matter what.

I think someone looked earlier and found Smitty's charity.

Just not sure what it was.

sporkdevil and BleedPurpnGold like this

rev any way for us non paypal users.. and whats the deadline?? im all for this!

Russdogg,

If you want, I can donate under my paypal account and you can send me a check or money order, etc.

If that will work for you let me know how much you're in for and I'll cover it for now.

Just don't say like $500 or anything :D.....