Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

THe OFFICIAL Coach Smith Fine/Charity Collections Information - Current total - $2,913.88

660 posts in this topic

Gang - I just got an email fron John Kincaid. He is going to give us a shout out today on the Buck & Kincaid show!!!!!

B):ph34r:

I believe that it is the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation, but I an trying to verify this now.

I really appreciate that. Whenever I try and google something, only these threads, and your twitter account, come up.

I was thinking it was more along the lines of, they dont let people post links on their wall.

Which makes sense.

Yeah that's probably closer to the truth than my suggestion.

please post any links to any media outlets talking about the fund drive. up here i know i wont hear much about it in the news. go falcons.......fans!

Current total is $562.25. Unbelievable!

Thanks guys, and keep it coming!

Why don't you put the total in the thread title and then update it periodically so everyone can see it easily?

Why don't you put the total in the thread title and then update it periodically so everyone can see it easily?

Good idea.

Awaiting approval from my baby momma for donation. Please stand by.

I can understand that. Keep things right at home. I didn't go that route this time. Things haven't been good financially lately but I said to **** with it I'm doing it. I'll just wait for that look on her face later with what's that. I'll explain the Smith/Hall thing first. She'll look at me like I'm stupid. Then I'll remind her we usually donate to a lot of charities especially around Christmas. :D

Hey Rev has anyone attempted to contact someone like Air tran. I know we want to keep this with the fans and all to show our support, but it would be good public relations for them and we could really bump up the money with corporate backing.

Hey Rev has anyone attempted to contact someone like Air tran. I know we want to keep this with the fans and all to show our support, but it would be good public relations for them and we could really bump up the money with corporate backing.

Cool. How do you do that? :)

I can understand that. Keep things right at home. I didn't go that route this time. Things haven't been good financially lately but I said to **** with it I'm doing it. I'll just wait for that look on her face later with what's that. I'll explain the Smith/Hall thing first. She'll look at me like I'm stupid. Then I'll remind her we usually donate to a lot of charities especially around Christmas. :D

:lol::lol:

Maybe remind her that you donate to charities this time of year first, then explain the Smith/Hall thing.

Absolutely and IronHead34 like this

Honestly, this is probably not a good idea since what we are doing is a form of protesting a fine against our coach. A corporate backer would not want to risk butting heads with the NFL's policy.

With Air tran being a Atlanta based company and they support the Falcon's this would be a golden opportunity for them to get free advertising as well as supporting a good cause. Someone (maybe you since you started this whole thing) needs to contact someone in public relations or media relations and let them know what is going on. Mention that we are getting media coverage and that will lite a fire under their arse. This could be great opportunity for the Fans of the Falcons and the City of Atlanta to show the rest of the NFL that we are for real and not going away. We back our team, our players and our coaches and are willing to put our money where our mouth is.

Plus it's going to a good cause anyway.

Usually just contact the marketing department of said company, tell them who you are with and what is going on. 9 out of 10 times, if it is going to a charity the company will match the donation or do something to put in their companys marketing letter to employees, they will definitly get it out as to what they are doing because it is good PR and a tax writeoff for them, we could get our total matched if you hit the right person in the company. Not sure if you want to try to sell it to them as we are paying smitty's fine but the funds are going to a charity. Up to you as to how to sell it to them.

Rev - you're messing me up! I'm putting a link to the thread - every time you change the name of the thread - the link fails. :(

Could you maybe just update the 1st post in the thread with the new totals and say something like - total inside on the thread?

Honestly, this is probably not a good idea since what we are doing is a form of protesting a fine against our coach. A corporate backer would not want to risk butting heads with the NFL's policy.

Possibly, I agree that a corporate sponser would not want to step on the toes of the NFL, but this is ultimately going to charity. The company would have to say something like they don't endorse breaking rules, but they support our team and coach 100%.

Possibly, I agree that a corporate sponser would not want to step on the toes of the NFL, but this is ultimately going to charity. The company would have to say something like they don't endorse breaking rules, but they support our team and coach 100%.

Yup. When you make the pitch to PR, just make sure you say it's for charity. Like the other poster said, if we go in saying we are protesting and want to pay Smittys fine it may not work out.

agreed..

With Air tran being a Atlanta based company and they support the Falcon's this would be a golden opportunity for them to get free advertising as well as supporting a good cause. Someone (maybe you since you started this whole thing) needs to contact someone in public relations or media relations and let them know what is going on. Mention that we are getting media coverage and that will lite a fire under their arse. This could be great opportunity for the Fans of the Falcons and the City of Atlanta to show the rest of the NFL that we are for real and not going away. We back our team, our players and our coaches and are willing to put our money where our mouth is.

Plus it's going to a good cause anyway.

Actually, this is a grass roots fan movement. It wold probably be best to keep it at that. I'm sure that the Falcons major sponsors already give generously to Falcons causes.