Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

THe OFFICIAL Coach Smith Fine/Charity Collections Information - Current total - $2,913.88

660 posts in this topic

Whenever someone mentions playing Cribbage, I feel compelled to ask them how they like their AARP benefits.

It's a game that my grandfather taught me, and I play with him from time to time.

YOu got it BankerBird just write one of those Bank of America Checks in your Sig and cover it main.

Sorry, can't do it. Got all that TARP money to pay back. :lol:

has coach smith been made aware of our backing him?

He is aware, and like all matters regarding the fine, he has no comment.

I fail to see what that accomplishes. We know the money is going into an account the only question is whether or not you trust the person with control of the account. There is no screenshot for trust.

I would have a hard time believing this is a scam. Even though I have never met Rev I know that people here know him personally. Also, I have been around message boards since well before the internet and after awhile you can get a sense of people and Rev comes across as a stand-up guy. One of the reasons I gave what I gave was to seed the pot. People like to be a part of something significant and usually the first couple of hundred are the hardest to get. The other was to send a statement. I have never met Rev yet I am willing to give a couple of hundred dollars. If you are able, surely you can trust him with $5.23.

People who are capable of donating that don't want to will find excuses no matter what. Knowing that this money sends a statement AND goes to a charity is all I need. If anything, I am fighting the urge to give more but I have responsibilities to other charities.

I'm not complaining or speaking on any kind of personal level here, I'm just trying to help.

All that I'm saying is that there were a few posts of people worrying about the validity of it, and I just suggested that one way to help combat that conception would be to post the amount actually in the paypal account so you know that he hasn't collected 3000 dollars yet is only declaring 1500 dollars. Not that I'm personally accusing him like I said, I'm just trying to throw out ideas that might help bring some validity to this.

I'm not complaining or speaking on any kind of personal level here, I'm just trying to help.

All that I'm saying is that there were a few posts of people worrying about the validity of it, and I just suggested that one way to help combat that conception would be to post the amount actually in the paypal account so you know that he hasn't collected 3000 dollars yet is only declaring 1500 dollars. Not that I'm personally accusing him like I said, I'm just trying to throw out ideas that might help bring some validity to this.

It's covered. We will have independant verification.

sorry Rev. You don't deserve to be second guessed. You are a moderator that put this whole thing together. I'm proud

They can second guess me all they want, as long as they DONATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

I get it but there are still people who do not believe we landed men on the moon. Nothing will ever be enough for someone who is looking for a reason NOT to give.

In addition, if you go too far the other way you run the risk of appearing less trustworthy. When someone tries to hard sell trustworthiness to me I immediately begin to question it. Independent verification doesn't go that far but IMO it should stop there.

Gang, now that we know the details, the Falcoholic is going to start pushing this a bit more. Dave's now in on it too and will be amending his recent post with information on the drive. If there's anything else we need to know out side of boxxy's fanpost, please let us know. tlozwarlock at yahoo dot com

Finally and kevykev21 like this

Rev you get the PM about the check. 4ft * 2ft. Just let me know all the details and the Falcons message board logo. I got the check covered.

Thank you. That is awesome.

Great job rev and flyin ryan!!! I can't wait to see the check

I've been so obsessed with this thread all day, I am replying from my blackberry lol

I've been so obsessed with this thread I am replying from my blackberry lol

Cool. Get your friends obsessed too!wink.gif

I've been so obsessed with this thread all day, I am replying from my blackberry lol

This site never works on my blackberry. What one do you have? I have the 8830 World

Cool. Get your friends obsessed too!wink.gif

I wish I had more friends that were Falcons fans. Except for one, all of my friends and family are fans of either other teams or other sports (or not a fan of any sports). Unfortunately my one friend that is a Falcons fan is out of work and has been for almost a year now.