Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

THe OFFICIAL Coach Smith Fine/Charity Collections Information - Current total - $2,913.88

660 posts in this topic

This is just a thought, but maybe if people are hesitant it might help to to post screenshots of the amount in the actual account (with personal information blacked out of course). Of course it wouldn't really guarantee the money will go to the right hands, but I guess it would at least ease peoples minds that the money is being accounted for correctly.

I fail to see what that accomplishes. We know the money is going into an account the only question is whether or not you trust the person with control of the account. There is no screenshot for trust.

I would have a hard time believing this is a scam. Even though I have never met Rev I know that people here know him personally. Also, I have been around message boards since well before the internet and after awhile you can get a sense of people and Rev comes across as a stand-up guy. One of the reasons I gave what I gave was to seed the pot. People like to be a part of something significant and usually the first couple of hundred are the hardest to get. The other was to send a statement. I have never met Rev yet I am willing to give a couple of hundred dollars. If you are able, surely you can trust him with $5.23.

People who are capable of donating that don't want to will find excuses no matter what. Knowing that this money sends a statement AND goes to a charity is all I need. If anything, I am fighting the urge to give more but I have responsibilities to other charities.

I fail to see what that accomplishes. We know the money is going into an account the only question is whether or not you trust the person with control of the account. There is no screenshot for trust.

I would have a hard time believing this is a scam. Even though I have never met Rev I know that people here know him personally. Also, I have been around message boards since well before the internet and after awhile you can get a sense of people and Rev comes across as a stand-up guy. One of the reasons I gave what I gave was to seed the pot. People like to be a part of something significant and usually the first couple of hundred are the hardest to get. The other was to send a statement. I have never met Rev yet I am willing to give a couple of hundred dollars. If you are able, surely you can trust him with $5.23.

People who are capable of donating that don't want to will find excuses no matter what. Knowing that this money sends a statement AND goes to a charity is all I need. If anything, I am fighting the urge to give more but I have responsibilities to other charities.

Bottom line is that I will have someone with the Falcons verify the PayPal and Ebay transactions.

I have to say, yesterday was the most fun I have ever had on this board.

agree... its like all the negative garbage had to be balanced by positive fans... its awesome....

great job to everyone....

+1's for you all

ConnFalcon, Finally and JKH5785 like this

Agreed. I thought getting people to threaten me with violence was fun. This was better than that by a mile.

agree... its like all the negative garbage had to be balanced by positive fans... its awesome....

great job to everyone....

+1's for you all

I will return the favor!

Fund Raising 101

Ok guys, yesterday was fun, but now the hard part starts. 90% of the people on this board that are going to give have already done so. Now it is time to take this message and send it to your friends, family, co-workers - anyone you know. The total will keep going up slowly, but it will take the effort from EVERYONE to keep it from stalling out!

The first Ebay auction is going up this morning, and several more are coming. I am getting more items donated for the cause. There are some big ticket items and lots of lower priced items. THe key is to make sure everything receives bids!!!!

We have to work as a team to make sure we don't lose our momentum! Keep getting the word out - Challenge your friends to match your donation! Ask your boss for a company donation! Have your kids collect pennies from the neighbors! Keep the money coming in!

Updated: November 12, 2009, 10:46 AM ET

Haynesworth fined, but not HallComment Email Print Share By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been fined $7,500 for coming to the aid of teammate DeAngelo Hall during Sunday's sideline fracas against the Atlanta Falcons, a league source said.

Redskins safety LaRon Landry was fined $5,000 for a late hit on Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

Hall was not fined for his role in the fracas with Falcons head coach Mike Smith, who is expected to be fined.

Finally likes this

Updated: November 12, 2009, 10:46 AM ET

Haynesworth fined, but not HallComment Email Print Share By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been fined $7,500 for coming to the aid of teammate DeAngelo Hall during Sunday's sideline fracas against the Atlanta Falcons, a league source said.

Redskins safety LaRon Landry was fined $5,000 for a late hit on Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

Hall was not fined for his role in the fracas with Falcons head coach Mike Smith, who is expected to be fined.

Yo, Phatty, that sig is TIGHT!!! :D

Does anyone have a giant printer we can use?

Rev my friend owns COMMUNIGRAPHICS here in North Augusta SC/Augusta GA. They do any kind of graphic work, signs, jerseys, embroidery, car wraps, anything.

Yo, Phatty, that sig is TIGHT!!! :D

Slick Nick made it and said it was up for grabs so I replied and thanked him giving him credit but I am not sure what happened to it now.

Whether D. Hall gets fined or not, how can the league say he didn't push Mike Smith? You can see very clearly that he shoves him in the replay. I'm glad I contributed my small bit to this. I can't believe D. Hall isn't getting fined. Ridiculous!!!

Falcons' Mike Smith fined $15K, DeAngelo Hall unscathed in sideline scuffle

11:28 AMYahoo! BuzzShare

DiggNewsvineRedditE-mailSavePrintShare0 Comment

Recommend Falcons coach Mike Smith has been fined $15,000 for his role in a sideline scuffle with the Redskins last Sunday. And while two Redskins were fined for their roles, DeAngelo Hall, the player at the center of the scrum, may not feel the same pinch.

ESPN reported that Hall was not fined, while teammates Albert Haynesworth ($7,500) and LaRon Landry ($5,000) were. Landry initiated the fracas with a late hit to Falcons QB Matt Ryan.

Fox Sports reported the fine to Smith. Hall blamed Smith for escalating the scuffle. -- Sean Leahy

Like I said in another post. Hall is still on a losing team that is a couple of years away from being a playoff contender. So in the end, he still sucks

Falcons_LIFE likes this

Okay, so that means we're still about $13,800 short. :P

YOu got it BankerBird just write one of those Bank of America Checks in your Sig and cover it main.

I just threw another $20.23 into the kitty

Whenever I hear someone say "into the kitty" I think about playing Cribbage

Whenever I hear someone say "into the kitty" I think about playing Cribbage

Whenever someone mentions playing Cribbage, I feel compelled to ask them how they like their AARP benefits.