Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

THe OFFICIAL Coach Smith Fine/Charity Collections Information - Current total - $2,913.88

660 posts in this topic

I have had times where payday seems to come very slow. However it's really not coming fast enough to donate to this cause. Friday need to hurry up already so I can send my money. I am very anxious and excited.

For me it would solidify my love for this team and coach. I have so much love for this team and organization it's crazy.

So please Friday, Hurry up and get here!!!

p.s. If this sounds kind of mushy, please do not forget. I am a girl!!!

This is the exact reason I wanted to do this. You captured the spirit of the whole gesture.

This is the exact reason I wanted to do this. You captured the spirit of the whole gesture.

Whats the last day for donations?

If you change your mind, you and I could still take the money and flee to Mexico.

Whats the last day for donations?

I'm going to keep it open as long as people keep donating. I'd say at least a week.

My lord. We have some big money going on. I thought there was no way we would have half this much before the night :ph34r:

Great showing by the board after all of 10+ hours. I hope it really helps the charity, and Smitty knows he has legitimate respect and support from his fans.

MikeSmith1a.jpg :wub: (no homo, not that there's anything wrong with that)

21 Falcon likes this

Gang,

I cannot tell you how blown away I am fter the first day. The fine has not come down, and we are already halfway to our initial goal of $2300.23. I think that once the Ebay auctions get going and the dollar amount goes up, we will begin to see the media pay attention. I have been promised by 2 sources that we will get coverage once the fine occurs.

Today I am proud of this fan base. Nothing can shake that today.wub.gif

Gang,

I cannot tell you how blown away I am fter the first day. The fine has not come down, and we are already halfway to our initial goal of $2300.23. I think that once the Ebay auctions get going and the dollar amount goes up, we will begin to see the media pay attention. I have been promised by 2 sources that we will get coverage once the fine occurs.

Today I am proud of this fan base. Nothing can shake that today.wub.gif

woohoo! *high 5's Rev*

great job everyone if i had a credit card i would definitely donate but i am only 16...i am proud to see what everyone is doing.

keep up the good work

great job everyone if i had a credit card i would definitely donate but i am only 16...i am proud to see what everyone is doing.

keep up the good work

You got a momma? I bet she has a card.ph34r.gif

If you change your mind, you and I could still take the money and flee to Mexico.

Ok if ANYONE runs away with Rev to Mexico it's me!<G> He owes me a cruise anyway!<G>

Seriously y'all I have been a silent member around here for Lord knows how long. I have seen y'all do some awesome stuff such as the gift cards for the Children's home, so I know y'all can and do help others. But this show of support for our Falcons just blows me away. Coach Smith welcome to our family! we got your back indeed!

I would suggest one of the charities our guys support - maybe we could list them and vote on it or something.

I know the NFL donates all the fine money to four foundations - the Brian Piccolo Cancer Fund, the Vincent T. Lombardi Cancer Research Center, ALSO Neuromuscular Research Foundation and the NFLPA Player Assistance Trust which helps the retired players and their families.

I would certainly be happy with any children's cause - such as St Jude or Scottish Rite or something of that nature.

Anyway - we know the money will be going to a good cause - so I'm not afraid to donate to show my support.

I posted this in the other thread. I was thinking the holidays are coming up and with a lot of people out of work it might be appreciated. Also here is the link the Falcons Community site. http://www.atlantafalcons.com/Community/Landing.aspx

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 AM

I was thinking of starting a post like this yesterday. See if you can get enough interest and I'll put some in the basket. I realize Smith or the Falcons may refuse the money for PR reasons so if that happens maybe the money can go to Toys for Tots or something.

Post on the Falcoholic in the morning. Going to rep it as much as possible. Latest total is 1100+, correct?

Correct.

^_^^_^

Donated in support of Coach Smith, and honestly this is awesome! I couldnt give alot, but I just noticed it today, and waiting to get paid on friday. If this doesnt make a statement I am not sure what would. Only falcons fans would do something so thoughtful, and I am sure Coach Smith has to feel pretty good about fans stepping up to defend him.

We might not have a Lombardi displayed in glass, but our fans have a little something called.....Class!

Ah, haha now we know where to stalk you if we get banned :lol:

Naw, that would just be wrong. Hey, you should see if she could make up some T-shirts for the board members. Something really cool that everyone would want but you can only get if you are a fan and member of the board.

That's been done once before & it went over great. I've pretty much worn mine out & I've started a few posts asking if it could be done again, but with no responses. We need another AFMB Message board T-shirt.

Ok, We are officially collecting donations for Coach Mike Smith in honor of his impending fine fron the NFL. In the spirit of helping the coach "pay his fine", we are collecting funds to support the charity of Smith's choosing.

We are asking for donations of any amount. In the spirit of the "incident" that started this movement, we are asking that all donations include an extra $0.23 (D-Hall's number). so instead of donating $20, please donate $20.23.

Our initial goal is to raise $2300, but I am sure that with the fantastic fan base we have, we can far exceed that amount!

Even if the fine does not come down on Friday, we will collect the funds and deliver them to Coach Smith.

Just like Coach Smith came to the defense of his players on Sunday, we as fans can show our coach that we will come to his defense!

Please send all donations via PayPal to https://www.paypal.c...tton_id=9617074 Let me know if you need any additional information.

ATTENTION: be sure to send as gift and NOT payment. So paypal doesn't take a cut.

We will also have news shortly of some donated items that will be sold on Ebay to support this cause.

Keep the donations coming in!!!!

Shouldn't the initial goal be 2323.23? ;)

You got a momma? I bet she has a card.ph34r.gif

haha, I would say shamless, but that's funny Rev.

What kind of items are going up on eBay, Items from the locker room/equipment room? Maybe some older game jerseys?

haha, I would say shamless, but that's funny Rev.

What kind of items are going up on eBay, Items from the locker room/equipment room? Maybe some older game jerseys?

Superfan cartoon originals?