Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

THe OFFICIAL Coach Smith Fine/Charity Collections Information - Current total - $2,913.88

662 posts in this topic

In one of my prior posts, where I said I teared up a little from pride.......that was my wife who wrote that....she hijacked my account and wrote that....I swear. :unsure:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I didn't tear up from this, but I teared up from the message Rev sent along with it about how proud we are of our team and our future and what not.

I didn't tear up from this, but I teared up from the message Rev sent along with it about how proud we are of our team and our future and what not.

I didn't see that. Is that in another thread or something?

21 Falcon likes this

How about this - What if I auctioned off the opportunity to give the final check to Coach Smith. Would you bid on that?

How about this - What if I auctioned off the opportunity to give the final check to Coach Smith. Would you bid on that?

If the plane tickets included lol, but someone will have to pay for my bid :lol::lol:

Falconsroost can suck it. That message board is full of elitist pigs who basically hate Mike Smith. Screw that website.

I posted it over at Falcoholics and it's getting some positive vibes.

****, can you actually set that up?

Will the check be made out to Mike "Harmful Hands" Smith?

I wouldn't, just because I couldn't afford it anyway, but that would be a great idea and lots of others would bid on it.

Do you know for sure that the opportunity to give him the check is there?

Meeting Coach Smitty in person? Very cool!

I'm in Oregon though, so you can't count on me. I like the idea though.

Thanks again for doing all this, Rev.

21 Falcon likes this

Falconsroost can suck it. That message board is full of elitist pigs who basically hate Mike Smith. Screw that website.

Plus I'm gunning for him on one of the Falcons FF sites. He will go down.

I didn't see that. Is that in another thread or something?

Yeah, I saw it in the Big Ups to Rev thread, but here's the post...

I don't deserve any props. THis is all about you guys!!!! You are the ones making this happen.

We will be getting some media love here soon, and with the donated items, we will easily surpass the $2300 goal!

Thanks to all of you! This is not anything I have done. It's about the fans, and about Coach Smith.

This is a quote I sent to a reporting this morning:

You have to understand that we as Falcons fans are in uncharted waters. We are on the verge of our first back-to-back winning seasons in franchise history. We have never had any sustained success. For the first time ever, we are serious contenders. It was Coach Smith and Thomas Dimitroff that brought the winning formula to our organization. There is no amount of money we could ever collect that would appropriately show our appreciation for what he has done here.

21 Falcon likes this

You should also do bids on having your name on the front page of the falcons website (if you can do that) and maybe bid on a pair of falcon tickets to the next home game.

Sadly I am broke as a joke until next week so I cant give anything :(.

"Personally, I don’t donate money until I know exactly where it’s going. Others may feel differently and that’s their privilege.

My point was that the people collecting the money are doing so “in honor” of something that hasn’t actually happened. I’m not saying they’re going to flush your money down the toilet, only that it’s a tad unseemly to solicit people’s money over a fine that does not exist. They should have the common sense and good taste to wait until the fine’s been officially imposed."

From someone over at the Falcoholics page <_<

malk likes this

"Personally, I don’t donate money until I know exactly where it’s going. Others may feel differently and that’s their privilege.

My point was that the people collecting the money are doing so “in honor” of something that hasn’t actually happened. I’m not saying they’re going to flush your money down the toilet, only that it’s a tad unseemly to solicit people’s money over a fine that does not exist. They should have the common sense and good taste to wait until the fine’s been officially imposed."

Sadly, that guy doesn't get it. Its more about the cause and support system we have going for Coach Smith. Obviously this will be going to a chairty.

That's just tom slick. He's always grumpy.

Sadly, that guy doesn't get it. Its more about the cause and support system we have going for Coach Smith. Obviously this will be going to a chairty.

Yeah, even if the fine doesn't drop, Smitty will know how much we appreciate him and the money will surely go somewhere good.

Dedsquirl likes this

I've been listening to Buck and Kincaid all afternoon and have yet to hear any mention of this. I know someone said something about John Kincaid planning to give a shout out about it

FYI they are talking about the Falcons now.. Perhaps we will hear about it now

bye bye

Under normal donating rules I agree with this but this is more about the gesture. I wouldn't want the money going to buying plasma tvs for prisoners but as long as it is a reasonable charity I am good with wherever it goes.

Falcons_LIFE and Dedsquirl like this

bye bye

...bye? :blink:

Under normal donating rules I agree with this but this is more about the gesture. I wouldn't want the money going to buying plasma tvs for prisoners but as long as it is a reasonable charity I am good with wherever it goes.

:lol::lol::lol:

I need more +1's

malk, Dedsquirl and Tandy like this