Where are we?

juiceaccts

We are 5-3 -- in stride for 10-6. That was my exact prediction during preseason. To be honest, I'm content, but not excited with our record. Why? The games we lost were all to good teams. I believe they're a combined 20-4, which is nothing scoff at, but we know we're better -- that's the thing. It's about the fashion we lost in, each game had (at least) one play in the game that would have made it a completely different game if it had gone our way. It's the defense stepping up and developing that I'm most impressed with, which is why when the offense struggles it's frustrating. Don't worry -- I'm not complaining, I just want some of you to understand why there are others who appear frustrated.

I was listening to Mike Smith on the radio and when asked if he was happy with our record considering our schedule (as the host suggested he must be,) he simply said, and I paraphrase, "Well, you get what you earn." That statement kinda blew me away.

It's kinda amusing how this season has panned out... We were thinking our offense would be dominant and would simply have to outscore our opponent in each game. Now we're coming off of back-to-back games where we've scored on defense. We're 12th in points allowed... and we've played the #1, #2, AND #3 offensive teams (in total yards.) Those teams not included, we've also played the #3 and #4 rushing teams in the NFL.

We continue to get better and better on both sides of the ball as the season goes on. We just recently got Turner back to his old self, we're getting more pressure on the QB, and our CBs are improving.

On the same radio station that interviewed Mike Smith, Dimitroff was on shortly afterwards. He mentioned he was talking to Arthur Blank, laughing, and they were imagining if they had Harry Douglas how good they would be doing. It made me think... we've had a lot of injuries this year but good things have come out of them. Harry Douglas goes down... we get Eric Weems on the field and performs well for us. Peria Jerry goes down... Jamaal Anderson moves inside and becomes productive. Because of other injuries we're reassured about guys like Snelling and Svitek.

This is all a process, and I think we're ahead of schedule. At this point there is even an argument that we go 13-3, which is huge. I'm going to say either 10-6 or 11-5, and with that we'll catch a playoff birth and we get to prove ourselves in the postseason.

We're still growing, and we have ridiculous potential. It's kinda scary... for the other team. Let's go take care of the Panthers... in their house!

Yeah we do have great potential. I think with in the next couple of weeks we are gonna put it all together. When Ryan and Turner start clicking together with consistency, look out NFL. I think we will be like the Arizona Cardinals last year when we make it to the playoffs. The team that finally started clicking on all cylinders and no one wanted to play.

If you think back to late 2006 before Vick was indicted and Petrino was about to come in, fans could feel this team starting to slip. Vick had most recently given the middle finger to some fans at a home game and was looking unmotivated. I don't think I need to go over 2007...

With that said, we are WAY ahead of schedule. Steve Young talks about this turn around every Monday night. We were an awful team less than 2 years ago. Awful. Then, we got Dimitroff and Smith and then drafted Ryan.

We are way ahead of schedule in terms of moving in the process of becoming a full-fledged perennial playoff contender. No matter how this season ends up, the Falcons are going to dominate the NFC South for years to come.

1. The Panthers are about to go into a MASSIVE rebuilding stage, which wont happen over night like us.

2. The Saints, although high-powered now, are getting old at critical positions and they can never repeat magical seasons back-to-back.

3. The Bucs, do I really need to talk about the Bucs. Yeah this team has some young talent, but its going to take a lot of time and work for this team to get any consistency rolling.

Yeah we do have great potential. I think with in the next couple of weeks we are gonna put it all together. When Ryan and Turner start clicking together with consistency, look out NFL. I think we will be like the Arizona Cardinals last year when we make it to the playoffs. The team that finally started clicking on all cylinders and no one wanted to play.

You bring up an excellent point. Like Coach Smith says. In the first 3/4 of the season, you have to put yourself in the position of playing important games in the late season, and then when everything comes together as the season goes on, you will be very hard to beat. When Ryan and Turner get consistent together, there is not a team that can beat us.

Yup. We just have to get hot at the right time like AZ did.

I think we are an average team that needs multiple home games to patch a winning streak together. On the road we are awful, only way we take it deep is to get HFA but that isn't happening.

My prediction was 9-7, feast on the poor teams and lose to the good teams. That is text book middle of the road.

I think we are an average team that needs multiple home games to patch a winning streak together. On the road we are awful, only way we take it deep is to get HFA but that isn't happening.

My prediction was 9-7, feast on the poor teams and lose to the good teams. That is text book middle of the road.

Cute. You must be in a rough patch in your life, being such a downer and all. That's fine -- keep your head up.

Thanks for the responses guys. I know we can win this game if we execute. I expect a lot of pressure on Delhomme and if we can wrap up their run game and keep ours going, we'll definitely leave with a comfortable win.

Point perfectly made, the NFL is not always about who puts together the perfect season. It has been about getting healthy and hot at the right time..

thank you FalconinPA