Winning the next two games essentially guarantees a playoff spot

Joremarid

Think about it, two wins puts us at 7-3. Look at the wild card race. That would also put the giants at 5-5 and we would have the tie breaker over them so we would be essentially three games up on the giants with 6 to play.

Potential members of the wild card race:

Two of the three between Dallas, philly, and giants; and then packers, bears, panthers, 49ers, and seahawks.

if we win the next two games then we would essentially have three (due to having tie breakers) game leads (at worst and probably bigger leads) on the giants, panthers, bears, and 49ers. the packers and seahawks will take care of themselves for us, leaving just dallas and philly. well one of them will win the division so then you have the other taking a wild card spot leaving us with the other.

Like the evening announcers on 680 said yesterday, we have two major games left on the schedule. NYG and PHI. As they said, those are our playoff games.

They think we need to go 10-6 to get to the playoffs and that the division is out of reach. I agree about the division. Look at NO's schedule. We'd likely have to win out to take the division.

We will be battling two NFCE teams for one of the two wildcards. They also think GB, CHI, SF and CAR will be chasing us.

I totally agree with their assesment and am sticking with my 9-7 prediction. One or two of the pansy teams on our schedule will give us a problem. Trust me.

Like the evening announcers on 680 said yesterday, we have two major games left on the schedule. NYG and PHI. As they said, those are our playoff games.

They think we need to go 10-6 to get to the playoffs and that the division is out of reach. I agree about the division. Look at NO's schedule. We'd likely have to win out to take the division.

We will be battling two NFCE teams for one of the two wildcards. They also think GB, CHI, SF and CAR will be chasing us.

I totally agree with their assesment and am sticking with my 9-7 prediction. One or two of the pansy teams on our schedule will give us a problem. Trust me.

if it takes 10-6 to get a wild card who are the two non division winning NFC teams that finish 10-6 or better?

the falcons wont have to win both @nyg and phi to make the playoffs.

if it takes 10-6 to get a wild card who are the two non division winning NFC teams that finish 10-6 or better?the falcons wont have to win both @nyg and phi to make the playoffs.

They are saying PHI and NYG. I agree. I don't think GB, CHI, SF or CAR will be there, but you definitely can't count them out at this point.

keep in mind here is the giants (5-4) remaining schedule: Atlanta, @Denver, Dallas, Philly, @Wash, Carolina, @Minnesota. To get to 10-6 they would have to go 5-2 over that span despite losing the last 4 games.

Here is philly's remaining schedule: @SD, @Chi, Was, @Atl, @NYG, SF, Den, @Dal. I can see the eagles losing at least 4 of those games.

But anyway it doesn't matter. For us not to make the playoffs both Philly and the Giants would have to dominate those tough schedules.

They are saying PHI and NYG. I agree. I don't think GB, CHI, SF or CAR will be there, but you definitely can't count them out at this point.

which is why i said if we win the next two games we are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot. we would be up 4 games on the panthers and three on nyg, chi and sf including tie breakers.

if you win the next two games, with tampa twice, buffalo, and the jets on the schedule, the philly game may not matter at all.

We very realistically could lose the next two games. I freaking hope we don't but the Panthers have played better lately and the slumping Giants have a bye week and a home game with us. This years schedule just freaking suck hardcore hopefully Mckay has a chat with someone about playing 4 teams off a bye week and 3 of those games on the road.

MAN UP!!!

there is nothing mckay can say.there is no chatting and complaning when it comes to football. we just have to roll with the punches.

I remember thinking the 2006 Falcons were in pretty great shape at 5-2 with back to back games against Detroit and Cleveland on deck. Well, that didn't work out. I don't assume anything until the win is on the board.

Winning the next two games would put the Falcons in a pretty great position. Splitting them seems absolutely esential.

whats so profound about saying we could lose to a revitalized Panthers team and a Giants team that is coming off of a bye in a must win situation?

Ahhh...there ya go!

I knew you could add some reasoning to your OP instead of an obvious blanket statement. I'm just wondering why that bit of info wasn't included?

And revitalized..... doooooo what?!?!?

:blink:

actually if you look at the current standings, the Eagles are tied with us for the two wild card spots. the packers and bears are behind us. all that has to happen is for the Cowboys to beat the Packers and the 49ers to beat the Bears as well as the Cards beat the Seahawks. This puts the NFC North in the hands of the Vikings with both the Bears and Packers back 4 games and out of contention for the playoffs. Yea the 49ers would only be back a few games but we have the tiebreaker on them

One...............game.................at a ..............time.

While I agree with the one game at a time theory, its just so hard to not look at the future with this team. I mean IF we go 7-1, I see 4 games the Saints can lose. New England, Dallas, @ Atlanta, @ Carolina. If they lose to New England they get the Redskins next, which coming off a loss I would expect them to have a big game. and they do not have the running game we have so I think the Redskins D-line will have a big game. And even though I think they will win, the next week they come to the Dome where we all know the kind of game its going to be. This team cant wait to get another shot at them. They lose that emotional game then the next week they get Dallas. And then we have to hope Carolina wants a little pay back.

For us Carolina is a huge Game. If we dont win then I dont believe we go 7-1, and it wouldnt give us the space we want in the Wild Card race. To me I believe the Giants, Eagles, Saints, and Jets are the toughest games we have left.If we pull out a win in NY we are going to win either the Philly or Saints game at home.

But just Imagine we take care of the Panthers, go to NY pull out a win. Win a game we should win in the Dome against Tampa Bay, and Beat the Eagles in the Dome. Whats next THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS. WOW it might be an even bigger game than the Monday night, and they might even make this a primetime game.

HOLY SHI$ Im excited for this team and this season, because sooner or later we will get healthy and be at full strength.

im hoping we can take care of our business and the saints lose at least 2 games before they play us again..I WANT THAT DIVISION TITLE!!!!!!

Possible (from a math standpoint)... but probably not going to happen. If you look at the Saints remaining schedule... (baring a total collapse) they won't lose more than 4 of their remaining games at most. That means that the Falcons would have to go 7-1 at the worst to catch them, and one of those wins must be against the Saints due to the fact that they have already beaten the Falcons.

More than likely... the Falcons are playing for a wildcard... but most of you know that already.