So, it took injuries.

Kayoh

Let's not lie to ourselves, our DLine has looked suspect in basically every game this year, sans the Washington game that we just played and the Miami game at the beginning of the year. I've been wondering why, and I'm still not completely sure, but I think it's kind of funny that it took injuries to what we thought were two of our best three DTs for us to finally become stout on the DL. Jamaal Anderson is playing better than Per Jer played at the NT spot, and of course with better play at NT, the guy right beside him, the DT, Babs, is playing better.

It's pretty awesome how much depth we have on the DLine, especially now that we know how great of a NT Jamaal Anderson is. This team is going to be unstoppable next year, and we're playing well enough at this point in the season this year that when we get Norwood and Snelling back, we might even make a run into the playoffs this year, too.

It's times like this that I love being a Falcons Fan.

Let's not lie to ourselves, our DLine has looked suspect in basically every game this year, sans the Washington game that we just played and the Miami game at the beginning of the year. I've been wondering why, and I'm still not completely sure, but I think it's kind of funny that it took injuries to what we thought were two of our best three DTs for us to finally become stout on the DL. Jamaal Anderson is playing better than Per Jer played at the NT spot, and of course with better play at NT, the guy right beside him, the DT, Babs, is playing better.

It's pretty awesome how much depth we have on the DLine, especially now that we know how great of a NT Jamaal Anderson is. This team is going to be unstoppable next year, and we're playing well enough at this point in the season this year that when we get Norwood and Snelling back, we might even make a run into the playoffs this year, too.

I can tell you at the begining of the season I didn't think we had that much quality depth of the DT position. Now we are loaded, and i love it.

Now you see how little we as fans actually know about our own team.

We can speculate all we want, but in the end we don't know jack squat as much as the coaches who see way more than we do and can evaluate talent way better than we can.

Now you see how little we as fans actually know about our own team.

We can speculate all we want, but in the end we don't know jack squat as much as the coaches who see way more than we do and can evaluate talent way better than we can.

LOL exactly kudos to Hamilton getting the whole unit ready to play,turning a supposed weakness around.

Glad to see JA98 contributing. But he is not as good at DT as Jerry was before being injured. Also, lets not jump to conclusions based off beating up the worst OL in the league in 1 game. If they can hold their own against CAR run blocking then we're talking about something.

excellent point to get things into perspective.

Now if we could just get Abraham rolling again we would be in great shape. Any opinions on what has happened to his game?

He's been battling an ankle injury and our injuries on the DL have hurt him too. Jerry was playing well and drawing double teams and freeing up our other lineman. Jamaal is playing well but I don't think he's drawing nearly as much double team as Peria or TJ were. Put those together and now you know why Abe's struggling a bit.

Our defense may not fully come together this year.

But I am loving the development I am seeing.

One more offseason of training and a little more tweaking with the draft/FA and we may have something special.

If Smitty and BVG can recreate what they had in Jax in the early aughts, it would be special times in the ATL.

I know they currently don't rank that great in many defensive statistics, but I am going to remember this 2009 D for a long time. They have a lot of heart and a lot of guts and it is fun to watch them when they are clicking.

Jamaal Anderson is playing better than Per Jer played at the NT spot

No, no, no. A lot of what you said was true, but this is flat out wrong. JA98 is playing pretty good, but not better than Jerry was playing. Not to mention how well Jerry might be playing by now without the injury. I'll give JA98 his props, but this is overstating it.