Sports books have us at about a Pick-Em at Carolina

AuburnFalcon

They have defnintely been playing better lately, but IMO, we have played rather well all year except at Dallas and NE. Carolina is definitely not Dallas or NE. I will go out on a limb and say this is a must win to keep on track for the Playoffs. It looks like we will be most likely battling Philly, Dallas and New York Giants for the 2 Wild Card Spots. We can't lose games like this and still be in the hunt. Especially when we still have to play Philly and New York in the coming weeks.

Opinions on this being a "Must Win" for the Falcons?

They have defnintely been playing better lately, but IMO, we have played rather well all year except at Dallas and NE. Carolina is definitely not Dallas or NE. I will go out on a limb and say this is a must win to keep on track for the Playoffs. It looks like we will be most likely battling Philly, Dallas and New York Giants for the 2 Wild Card Spots. We can't lose games like this and still be in the hunt. Especially when we still have to play Philly and New York in the coming weeks.

I don't think this is a "must win", but I do think it is very important that the Falcons get atleast a split of the next two games.

IMO, every game is a must win. But, this being a division game yeah we need to pull out a W. I would also say that we really need to win at least one against Philly and NYG because as you correctly said it looks like the two wild cards will be between those three teams.

I say we need to gain momentum going into the playoffs and finish the remainder of the season strong. If our offense and defense plays an entire game at the level they begin, we should be able to win against the remaining teams. Especially if we play at the level we did against the Saints.

I'd just like to see more consistency from this team each week. Everyone just went to sleep the second half of the Redskins game.

I don't think this is a "must win", but I do think it is very important that the Falcons get atleast a split of the next two games.

I agree. Actually, I think we need 2 of the next 3 in any combo. The Giants and Eagles are not teams we want to be going to visit in the playoffs. We need to try to be seeded ahead of them (assuming Dallas wins that division).

If we lose this game we'd be tied with NYG. I don't see how we would be out of the hunt. Must win is an over statement. We must win 5 or 6 more games to make the playoffs. We have 8 left.

I agree. Actually, I think we need 2 of the next 3 in any combo. The Giants and Eagles are not teams we want to be going to visit in the playoffs. We need to try to be seeded ahead of them (assuming Dallas wins that division).

yeah well I am assuming that the Falcons are going to beat Tampa Bay in Atlanta. There isn't any reasonable scenario that has the Falcons losing that game and getting where they need to be.

yeah well I am assuming that the Falcons are going to beat Tampa Bay in Atlanta. There isn't any reasonable scenario that has the Falcons losing that game and getting where they need to be.

Yea...I'm just confused. I thought we were playing the Eagles after the Giants. I don't know how I could get that confused. We play the Eagles on my B'day.

To me it is a must win only because its a division game. We don't want Carolina tied with us in record and division after this weekend with NOs going to STL. Saints can still lose 3 games of their remaining schedule with 1 coming against us. If we were playing Buffalo than I would say no, not a must win

Edited by AtlFalc78

it's going to be a tough game, we all know Ryan is awful on the road and the Panthers rushing attack is dominant.

should be a good game

I would not agree that "Ryan is awful of the road". He played well at San Fancisco but I agree that he was less than stellar at New England and Dallas. However, you have to consider the competition in those two games. New England is just good and Dallas is much better than I thought they were prior to that game. Carolina has a great rushing attack but that plays into our defensive strenght. They have a horrible passing attack. I see no reason why we should lose this game. IMO, it would really, really hurt our playoff chances if we do. We would have to be lights out the rest of the way with some really tough games still on the slate.

I would say this game is very critical. With The Eagles heading to San Diego after their big comeback win against the G men, I think the Chargers might pull this one out, and if they dothe Eagles will be 5-4 the Giants will still be 5-4 and if we pull out a victory we will be 6-3. And that right there might give us the momentum we need heading to NY to pull out a victory.

We beat Carolina, this team can say hey we have 1 game left on the road before we get 3 back in the dome. We need to finish strong and pull a W out, because if we do win both, in the long run we will be happy with the outcome.

I think these next 2 games are huge for this team and this season. 7-3 and the next game being Tampa at home is a lot better than 6-4 with Tampa at home, knowing the 2 games we have after Tampa are huge.

We'd be very unlukcy to win 10 games not get in. With our horrid schedule, we really don't have much scope to slip up. If we lose to the Panthers, Bucs(2), Jets or Bills, we will probably need to make it up by beating Philly, New York or New Orleans to get in.

It's just so annoying that 2 of the biggest games on the schedule - that could be absolutely crucial in the wildcard race - on the road aginst opponents (Dallas and New York) who have an extra week to rest up and prepare. That is disgraceful scheduling by the NFL...

Yeah it's a must win.. it's a division game... plus I'm not so sure anymore the Aint's can keep up their win streak... I'm predicting they slip up in the next few weeks with a couple of loss's including one in the Dome.

There is still half a season of football left and we should be trying to win the division.

The Ain'ts are a great team but anything can happen in 8 games!