Michael Turner up for Ground Player of the Week

Tandy

Last time he was up for this - some of you said - it has to go to Cedric Benson because he put up over 100 yards on the Ravens for the first time in 40 games - even though Turner had 3 touchdowns to Benson's 1 that week.

Well, guess what - it's been done 3 times since then against the Ravens.

Of course, since their fans are going to vote for their players - and our fans seem to do the same - not much chance for our guys, is there?

How about supporting one of our own players for a change instead of finding reasons to vote for other teams players every time we have one up for an award.

He's up against Benson again and Chris Johnson.

Please don't come into this thread raving and ranting about the wonders of the other 2 and how Turner will get one sometime.

Support your team and players for a change, Falcon fans - I know you can do it if you try!

VOTE FOR TURNER

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Turner deserves it this week no doubt, but I don't understand the slam on folk's past vote though. I don't think that should be construed as not supporting Turner, it's called being objective with a vote and not a homer. For the record I did vote for him (cause I am a homer ;)) but I totally understood the argument for the other guy last time out and I didn't view it as not supporting Turner at all if some chose to be objective about it.

Wow. Turner deserves it this week no doubt, but I don't understand the slam on folk's past vote though. I don't think that should be construed as not supporting Turner, it's called being objective with a vote and not a homer. For the record I did vote for him (cause I am a homer wink.gif) but I totally understood the argument for the other guy last time out and I didn't view it as not supporting Turner at all if some chose to be objective about it.

The Falcons don't have a very lare fan base compared to most other teams. For every Falcons fan who wants to be "objective", you have about 10 homer fans on the other team.

The Falcons don't have a very lare fan base compared to most other teams. For every Falcons fan who wants to be "objective", you have about 10 homer fans on the other team.

The biggest difference is that fans of most teams vote for one of their own players if they are up. For some reason - we have the most objective fans in the league.

While they can certainly argue that's the way to be - it just means that most of the time - and this has been proven time and again - our players do not receive the recognition for their accomplishments anytime it is a fan support vote.