Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

UPDATED! The OFFICIAL "I'll Help Pay Coach Smith's Fine" Thread

227 posts in this topic

Mike Smith won't see a penny of any money collected. He also wouldn't be allowed to accept it or use it to pay his fine per NFL rules, even if he wanted to. The money coming in from fans is just a show of support for our coach and is going to help a local charity in the Atlanta area.

It's great that you are supporting charities for African children, much respect to you for that, but local charities as well need support and that's what this really is, support for that charity and as Falcon fans, we're also showing support for our coach by using this as the catalyst for the donations.

Well that's a good thing then, is the money going to animal abuse? be kinda of fitting.

Propane likes this

Children are dieing in Africa every second and we're collecting money for a millionaire.

Children are dieing in America as well, and you're sending your money abroad? Why not help 2 children here?

phattywankenobi likes this

I'm actually in a program that helps support children in Africa. I'm supporting two of them right now. I just find this money collection for this cause is slightly ridicules ...no offense intended here, just my opinion.

So helping youth via charities in Atlanta is bad, but your helping children in Africa is righteous?

Riiiiiiight................ rolleyes.gif

Children are dieing in Africa every second and we're collecting money for a millionaire.

People donate money to charities they feel strongly about. Sometimes it is related to something they have witnessed or gone through and sometimes not. I am a community first guy. Most of my charitable donations go for local and state related (mostly children) charities and a smaller amount goes for national and international concerns. I am not going to make Africa more important than my own local community, however, I applaud anyone who gives to charities whether they agree with my philosophy or not.

Only a pathetic troll would make statement like the one you have in a drive to collect money for charity. I wish I could donate more to have you banned.

rvrndzombii likes this

People donate money to charities they feel strongly about. Sometimes it is related to something they have witnessed or gone through and sometimes not. I am a community first guy. Most of my charitable donations go for local and state related (mostly children) charities and a smaller amount goes for national and international concerns. I am not going to make Africa more important than my own local community, however, I applaud anyone who gives to charities whether they agree with my philosophy or not.

Only a pathetic troll would make statement like the one you have in a drive to collect money for charity. I wish I could donate more to have you banned.

Well put.

rvrndzombii likes this

Updated: November 12, 2009, 10:46 AM ET

Haynesworth fined, but not HallComment Email Print Share By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been fined $7,500 for coming to the aid of teammate DeAngelo Hall during Sunday's sideline fracas against the Atlanta Falcons, a league source said.

Redskins safety LaRon Landry was fined $5,000 for a late hit on Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

Hall was not fined for his role in the fracas with Falcons head coach Mike Smith, who is expected to be fined.

Updated: November 12, 2009, 10:46 AM ET

Haynesworth fined, but not HallComment Email Print Share By Adam Schefter

ESPN

Archive Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been fined $7,500 for coming to the aid of teammate DeAngelo Hall during Sunday's sideline fracas against the Atlanta Falcons, a league source said.

Redskins safety LaRon Landry was fined $5,000 for a late hit on Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan.

Hall was not fined for his role in the fracas with Falcons head coach Mike Smith, who is expected to be fined.

I bet if that was Vick , an Mora got fined yall wouldnt donate. Vick got hit several times when he was clearly out of bounds an if Mora wouldve done what smith done. You all wouldntve ever donated. Theres definitely a double standard with this fan base. LOL not even debateble.

I bet if that was Vick , an Mora got fined yall wouldnt donate. Vick got hit several times when he was clearly out of bounds an if Mora wouldve done what smith done. You all wouldntve ever donated. Theres definitely a double standard with this fan base. LOL not even debateble.

then stop debating.. i mean debateing

First, Mora would not have done it.

Second, cry more?

Hey racebaiter, Vick is gone why are you still here? Some Pro Bowl year he is having in Eagles country huh? ;):lol:

You know what's not 'debateable' spelling be champion; Vick does not play for the Falcons. So nobody really cares.

Boo this man.

I 100% agree...

...that you're a ******* moron.

It's a good deal you guys put together in honor of Coach Smitty, but in his interview, he chose to brush it off.<_<

He acknowledged it which was good enough for me. I like that he's focusing more on the game. We'll worry about the money; he can worry about how to make Jake the Mistake cry and make Steve Smith punch his teammates.

Not to kiss admin behind or anything, but...

Coverage on ESPN. Coverage on the News. Known about by players, coaches, and administration of the team. Fans starting to know about it (including fans of other teams not on this board).

If this thread doesn't get into the "Thread Hall of Fame" then none should.

Children are dieing in America as well, and you're sending your money abroad? Why not help 2 children here?

But this IS America, they have a chance here. Not in Africa.

But this IS America, they have a chance here. Not in Africa.

Why don't you send a link in ABF of how African children are more important than any other children but not here. This is a charity supporting the Atlanta Falcons Youth Foundation. Most people know your real intent but even your guise is lacking. You don't show up in a Baptist Church complaining about people not celebrating Ramadan or a mosque demanding a Christmas party or do you?

Not to kiss admin behind or anything, but...

Coverage on ESPN. Coverage on the News. Known about by players, coaches, and administration of the team. Fans starting to know about it (including fans of other teams not on this board).

If this thread doesn't get into the "Thread Hall of Fame" then none should.

This effort is one of the shining moments in the history of this board. J Mike ahs been commenting to me that he has never seen or heard of anything like this happening within a team's fanbase.

Which is kind of comical considering we're supposedly not one of the better fanbases.

I think we are debunking that myth! laugh.gif

I don't know if it has been posted, but I am not about to look back through the topic, but I have seen this around the internet, so the word is getting out. That's just crazy, Rev Hal, be proud of yourself.