Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

UPDATED! The OFFICIAL "I'll Help Pay Coach Smith's Fine" Thread

227 posts in this topic

He has 1000's of people following him on Twitter. See if he would give us a shout out!

I sent Daniel a message. Will see what happens once I get ahold of him.

NFL fines are a lot of money. How can we raise like a hundred thou? No way we come up with that.

He's not going to get fined 100k.

We're well aware we're not going to collect enough money for this completely.

It's going to goto charity.

ROID-RAGE!

He's not going to get fined 100k.

We're well aware we're not going to collect enough money for this completely.

It's going to goto charity.

ROID-RAGE!

I know the Patriots coach got fined like 250 thou. I know what he did was much much worse but if they decide to fine Smitty (which we don't know yet right?) it's likely gonna be too much for a bunch of $23 donations to make a dent. Giving it to charity is a good alternative plan.

The roid thing stopped being funny like a month after I signed up. Never done em.

I know the Patriots coach got fined like 250 thou. I know what he did was much much worse but if they decide to fine Smitty (which we don't know yet right?) it's likely gonna be too much for a bunch of $23 donations to make a dent. Giving it to charity is a good alternative plan.

The roid thing stopped being funny like a month after I signed up. Never done em.

I'm sorry... you're just so manly.

It's a symbolic act. What's important isn't the money raised, but the statement of support for Coach Smith it represents.

It's a symbolic act. What's important isn't the money raised, but the statement of support for Coach Smith it represents.

got it. i may should have read the entire thread before responding. :ph34r:

OK, my guess is that Coach Smith is going to get fined. Personally, I'm glad he reacted to D-Hall coming to our sideline and starting trouble. I do not condone a coach every putting his hands on a player in a threatening way (I still laugh out loud every time I say that), but I thought his reaction was appropriate.

I know that Smith makes big bucks, and the organization would probably flip the bill anyway, but how cool would it be if the fans of this city took up a collection to pay Smith's fine? I for one would donate my lunch money for the day to show this organization that the fans will come to Smith's side just like he came to his players side.

If Smith does receive a fine, I say we "pass the hat" and chip in (probably via Pay Pal). Even if we only conver a fraction of the cost, I'd love to show our team that we truly stand behind them.

Anyone else with me? A $5 gesture is something everyone can afford!

I'll put in a sawbuk sure.

IronMan2.0 likes this

UPDATE

I just got an email from D. Orlando Ledbetter. He is going to mention this movement in his blog!!!

All we need is a fine from Goodell and we are golden! laugh.gif

UPDATE

I just got an email from D. Orlando Ledbetter. He is going to mention this movement in his blog!!!

Yes! There gonna fine our coach. lol

It's all for a good cause

UPDATE

Hey, why don't we go ahead and take the collection. Even if they don't fine Smitty someone from the board could present the coach with a check and ask him to donate it to his favorite charity. It would be a symbolic way for the fans to show our appreciation and to let him know the fans have his back.

UPDATE

EDIT- I'm gonna be nice since we're getting mentioned.

Rev...please check your inbox or messenger box or PM box or whatever it is called here on TAFT.

Message for you regarding Daniel Cox running a story on this.

thx.

OK, I'm serious. If Smith gets fined, we will set up a PayPal account for donations. I'll call the FAlcons today to let Coach Smith know that we have his back! :)

The cause will get more publicity if everyone makes checks out the coach, putting Hall Fine Fundraiser on the for line and mailing them to the local TV news stations. Put a note on there explaining the cause and ask them to forward it to Falcons front office. You could just send them to the front office yourself, but then they might just shred them.