Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

UPDATED! The OFFICIAL "I'll Help Pay Coach Smith's Fine" Thread

227 posts in this topic

OK, I'm serious. If Smith gets fined, we will set up a PayPal account for donations. I'll call the FAlcons today to let Coach Smith know that we have his back! :)

If you set it up Rev, count me in. But we must make sure the media knows we are doing it. I want it all over ESPN and the other major media organizations. Perhaps we won't be considered some of the worst fans anymore.

oops sorry i forgot to include an amount...

i can guarantee $10.00 and likely more.. but i will stick with 10 for now

and of course the cake

I like the cake idea. Or maybe three.....one for each of the parties involved:

A Fishcake for our strength and conditioning coach, Jeff Fish.

A Fruitcake for DHall, of course.

And for Smitty.....a Pound cake, because that's what he would do to the Fruitcake.

rvrndzombii likes this

I was going to do that but most people just said they were in but did not specify an amount. If you go on just amounts it would be a fairly low like $400.50.

LOL@ the 50 cents! I'm in amount to be determined later.

And for Smitty.....a Pound cake, because that's what he would do to the Fruitcake.

:lol:

nice....

I'm in as well. To make this worth while, this has to get media attention and has to be more than like $200 bucks. We need to raise over $1,000 to be significant. If nothing else it can goto a Charity or something.

Exactly! I'm also down with the poster hat said we should send a singing telegram to D hall. They could sing "big girls don't cry".

Exactly! I'm also down with the poster hat said we should send a singing telegram to D hall. They could sing "big girls don't cry".

hahah, that would be GREAT!

I was going to do that but most people just said they were in but did not specify an amount. If you go on just amounts it would be a fairly low like $400.50.

Well...at least you counted my 50 cents. :lol:

He has 1000's of people following him on Twitter. See if he would give us a shout out!

Should also send a message to Pat Yat(spelling) from ESPN. He covers the Falcons and answers questions from the fans. Also the Atlanta sports radio stations.

Nice.

I would do ten bucks for sure. Maybe 20 if the fine comes out by Friday because it's payday for me!!!

Coach Smith was kind enough to stop for a few words and a quick photograph after our week 1 win against the Fins. He's a very nice man and a great coach, who deserves our support.

I'll Chuck in at least $30.

Don't know if anyone else did, I just emailed Pat Yasinkas:

Hey Pat, enjoy your work.

Thought you might be interested in a thread from the Atlanta Falcons message board. We've decided to take up a collection to help pay the probable fine that Coach Smith is going to get.

Obviously, we don't think he'd take, or need, the money, we just want him to know we appreciate having him as our coach.

It's here:

We figure we'll end up giving the money to a charity Smith likes, but , again, want him to know we're behind him.

Thanks

Dwight AKA falconidae

Don't know if anyone else did, I just emailed Pat Yasinkas:

Hey Pat, enjoy your work.

Thought you might be interested in a thread from the Atlanta Falcons message board. We've decided to take up a collection to help pay the probable fine that Coach Smith is going to get.

Obviously, we don't think he'd take, or need, the money, we just want him to know we appreciate having him as our coach.

It's here:

We figure we'll end up giving the money to a charity Smith likes, but , again, want him to know we're behind him.

Thanks

Dwight AKA falconidae

Great job. Pat usually responds to fans emails. He may put this spot light on this, with his ties to ESPN. I just want Hall to know we back our coach and our team.

I am in for $23.00 as well, I love the idea the other poater had about donating the amount on Meangelos jersey!

Lets make this happen folks, if we can take out an ad in the AJC we can do this!!

Kudo's RevHal....great idea

A great idea to show support and admiration for the coach. If he refuses (he will), I suggest the money go towards diapers for Hall.:D:rolleyes::o