Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rev_Hal

UPDATED! The OFFICIAL "I'll Help Pay Coach Smith's Fine" Thread

227 posts in this topic

OK, my guess is that Coach Smith is going to get fined. Personally, I'm glad he reacted to D-Hall coming to our sideline and starting trouble. I do not condone a coach every putting his hands on a player in a threatening way (I still laugh out loud every time I say that), but I thought his reaction was appropriate.

I know that Smith makes big bucks, and the organization would probably flip the bill anyway, but how cool would it be if the fans of this city took up a collection to pay Smith's fine? I for one would donate my lunch money for the day to show this organization that the fans will come to Smith's side just like he came to his players side.

If Smith does receive a fine, I say we "pass the hat" and chip in (probably via Pay Pal). Even if we only conver a fraction of the cost, I'd love to show our team that we truly stand behind them.

Anyone else with me? A $5 gesture is something everyone can afford!

OK, my guess is that Coach Smith is going to get fined. Personally, I'm glad he reacted to D-Hall coming to our sideline and starting trouble. I do not condone a coach every putting his hands on a player in a threatening way (I still laugh out loud every time I say that), but I thought his reaction was appropriate.

I know that Smith makes big bucks, and the organization would probably flip the bill anyway, but how cool would it be if the fans of this city took up a collection to pay Smith's fine? I for one would donate my lunch money for the day to show this organization that the fans will come to Smith's side just like he came to his players side.

If Smith does receive a fine, I say we "pass the hat" and chip in (probably via Pay Pal). Even if we only conver a fraction of the cost, I'd love to show our team that we truly stand behind them.

Does this mean I can't eat lunch today? -_-

Joking, I would be down for giving up my lunch money for one day.

OK, I'm serious. If Smith gets fined, we will set up a PayPal account for donations. I'll call the FAlcons today to let Coach Smith know that we have his back! :)

OK, I'm serious. If Smith gets fined, we will set up a PayPal account for donations. I'll call the FAlcons today to let Coach Smith know that we have his back! :)

I'm in and I will let all my friends know once it is set up.

It's a nice gesture, but he's not going to need my money. The Falcons players will be fighting over who gets to pay that fine for coach Smith, and I think donations will be pouring in from around the league, along with congratulatory notes.

IronHead34 likes this

It's a nice gesture, but he's not going to need my money. The Falcons players will be fighting over who gets to pay that fine for coach Smith, and I think donations will be pouring in from around the league, along with congratulatory notes.

:lol:

Spot On the Coin Peyton ^5

I know that none of these millionaires need the money. I guess I just need to give it. :)

:lol: I was thinking of starting a post like this yesterday. See if you can get enough interest and I'll put some in the basket. I realize Smith or the Falcons may refuse the money for PR reasons so if that happens maybe the money can go to Toys for Tots or something.

$20 here.

Altough I do not know if that would be a League Violation or Not.

Anybody?

If Smitty gets fines, that'll be all the "league violation" I will care about.

I'm in

If we could actually get this going I would do it!

I am working on getting this set up now.

Again, this is all contengent on Smith getting a fine.