Coach Smith and D Hall... watch the tape

Pa_Falcon_Fan

Watching the video of the altercation on the sideline from this past weekend it is pretty obvious D Hall caused the whole fight despite his claims that he was just on the sideline to help free his teammate.

Watch for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI0uJZqr9Us

* Between 7 and 8 seconds in the late hit occurs. Hall is 5 yards away from the play, still on the field.

* Between 10 and 11 seconds Landry is up and walking off our sidelines while Hall rushes in and locks up with Tony Gilbert (51). This kills Hall's claim that the reason he rushed our sideline was to "to kind of pull my guy away." Why was it necessary to pull your guy away when he was already up and heading back out onto the field of play? The whole thing should have ended right here. Landry is safe, up and leaving our sideline.

* At 12 seconds Coach Fish is extending his arms at Hall in an effort to get him to leave our sideline. I see no "grabbing" of Hall as his story suggests. I do see a REF grabbing D Hall's arm trying to pull him off our sideline but no one on the Falcons grabbing him.

* At 13 seconds Coach Smith, Coach Fish, the Ref and what looks like Eric Coleman (the number is blury) are all trying to pull Hall off our sidelines but Hall is intent on charging Gilbert and repeatedly tries to push his way through everyone (again, including a REF). His story makes it sound like he was being held on our sideline when it is painfully clear that everyone involved at this point is just trying to get him to go away.

* At 17 seconds there are now TWO Refs involved in trying to pull Hall off our sidelines yet he continues to try and charge them.

* By 20 seconds there are now THREE Refs, a Skins teammate and numerous Falcons and coaches (including Coach Smith) all trying to get Hall to get away from our sidelines. Hall seems to have shifted focus to trying to get to coach Fish now.

* At 21 seconds D Hall locks up on Coach Smith prompting him to have to disengage himself and then be pulled away by numerous players.

* It takes another full 10 seconds before Hall turns around and heads toward his sideline. Up until that point he continues fighting with Refs and teammates to try and charge our sideline again.

The only thing I see is D Hall trying repeatedly to attack our players and coaches while a horde of people try and get him to back off. Should Coach Smith have gotten involved? Probably not, but I didn't see him doing anything other than trying to get Hall off our sidelines until Hall laid hands on him at 21 seconds in. And even then it looked like Coach Smith yanked his arm back to disengage from Hall's grasp.

If Hall had jawed at Gilbert and walked off our sideline along with Landry, none of this would have happened.

Albeit a late hit, anyone else notice how the reason the fight started (Landry/Ryan) both ended up walking away, Ryan appearing to pat Landry on the back.

Hall was just looking for an excuse to cause an altercation.

Well you know he had to get his name in a headline some way. He can't do it with his play so he just continues to try and do so with his mouth and bad attitude.

Looks to me like Smitty was out of line and will probably hear from the league office.

FFS1970,

After watching the replay several times, the first high replay shows Hall coming in after Landry and Ryan had left the play. I mean, really, running into the opponent's bench all alone and jawing with everyone is being "out of control"!

Hall will probably be fined for that!

Looks to me like Smitty was out of line and will probably hear from the league office.

What are they going to do?

Belichik was cheating openly. He didn't even get a suspension or lose his job, which he should have, though $500,000 is nothing to sneeze at. What will they do fine him $10,000 so what. He earned more respect from his team which is infinitely more important than any fine. They will go to war with him every week now. That kind of respect wins playoffs.

Zorn? I don't think he registered that anything was happening. He could care less about the team or his job.

Watching the video of the altercation on the sideline from this past weekend it is pretty obvious D Hall caused the whole fight despite his claims that he was just on the sideline to help free his teammate.

Watch for yourself:

* Between 7 and 8 seconds in the late hit occurs. Hall is 5 yards away from the play, still on the field.

* Between 10 and 11 seconds Landry is up and walking off our sidelines while Hall rushes in and locks up with Tony Gilbert (51). This kills Hall's claim that the reason he rushed our sideline was to "to kind of pull my guy away." Why was it necessary to pull your guy away when he was already up and heading back out onto the field of play? The whole thing should have ended right here. Landry is safe, up and leaving our sideline.

* At 12 seconds Coach Fish is extending his arms at Hall in an effort to get him to leave our sideline. I see no "grabbing" of Hall as his story suggests. I do see a REF grabbing D Hall's arm trying to pull him off our sideline but no one on the Falcons grabbing him.

* At 13 seconds Coach Smith, Coach Fish, the Ref and what looks like Eric Coleman (the number is blury) are all trying to pull Hall off our sidelines but Hall is intent on charging Gilbert and repeatedly tries to push his way through everyone (again, including a REF). His story makes it sound like he was being held on our sideline when it is painfully clear that everyone involved at this point is just trying to get him to go away.

* At 17 seconds there are now TWO Refs involved in trying to pull Hall off our sidelines yet he continues to try and charge them.

* By 20 seconds there are now THREE Refs, a Skins teammate and numerous Falcons and coaches (including Coach Smith) all trying to get Hall to get away from our sidelines. Hall seems to have shifted focus to trying to get to coach Fish now.

* At 21 seconds D Hall locks up on Coach Smith prompting him to have to disengage himself and then be pulled away by numerous players.

* It takes another full 10 seconds before Hall turns around and heads toward his sideline. Up until that point he continues fighting with Refs and teammates to try and charge our sideline again.

The only thing I see is D Hall trying repeatedly to attack our players and coaches while a horde of people try and get him to back off. Should Coach Smith have gotten involved? Probably not, but I didn't see him doing anything other than trying to get Hall off our sidelines until Hall laid hands on him at 21 seconds in. And even then it looked like Coach Smith yanked his arm back to disengage from Hall's grasp.

If Hall had jawed at Gilbert and walked off our sideline along with Landry, none of this would have happened.

haha coach Fish was holding hall because he wanted a piece of him not trying to get him off our sideline

Albeit a late hit, anyone else notice how the reason the fight started (Landry/Ryan) both ended up walking away, Ryan appearing to pat Landry on the back.

Hall was just looking for an excuse to cause an altercation.

That's the telling lie here. Ryan and Landry walked calmly, I assume not knowing what ensued behind them. Hall wanted to stir it up. If people on the Falcons team were grabbing him then why was he pushing forward and yelling instead of backing up because he was the only one in the altercation?

Watch for yourself:

I sort of broke this down in another thread, but, I'll tell you what I saw from watching a youtube clip . . .

You'll noticed that Landry and 3 other Redskins including Hall are in hot pursuit of Ryan as he races towards the sidelines . . . although getting there fairly quickly, Landry is a millisecond late as Ryan jumps out of bounds and Landry delivers a late blow, Hall is almost right behind him . . .

Now, this is where it gets kind of tricky because things happen very quickly and you have to watch carefully to see what happens next . . . Hall does step out of bounds appearing to get Landry up . . . the camera is on Ryan as he's getting up so it's hard to see Landry and Hall to the top left of the frame. However, you can see their legs and can tell who is who. At one brief second it apears that Landry and Hall are almost standing face-to-face (sec 11 of the youtube clip I'm looking at). This would seem to confirm Hall's report of trying to get Landry off of the Falcons' sideline . . .

But, what happens next is where the real action begins . . as Landry and Hall are standing face-to-face for that brief moment, Hall uses his left arm to push Landry back towards the field, however, Hall appears to be caught up with #41 and #51 of the Falcons. They seem to be holding Hall by his right arm, thus, not allowing Hall to leave the sidelines. At the same time that Hall is using his left arm to push Landry back towards the field, an assistant coach appears to also move Landry towards the field so he can make his way towards Hall. It is this coach that grab Hall's jersey with both of his hands . . .

Meanwhile Coach Smith makes his way around an official to get to Hall (seconds 14 and 15) and things start to get crazy . . .

My only question about this whole ordeal is why Coach Smith felt it necessary to walk around an official to get to Hall? Why not let the official get Hall out of there and you get your players under control?

That's the telling lie here. Ryan and Landry walked calmly, I assume not knowing what ensued behind them. Hall wanted to stir it up. If people on the Falcons team were grabbing him then why was he pushing forward and yelling instead of backing up because he was the only one in the altercation?

And whats funny is the announcers were saying what we all were. No Redskins were in there fighting HIS battle with him. He acted alone.

Meanwhile Coach Smith makes his way around an official to get to Hall (seconds 14 and 15) and things start to get crazy . . .

My only question about this whole ordeal is why Coach Smith felt it necessary to walk around an official to get to Hall? Why not let the official get Hall out of there and you get your players under control?

Coach Smith is OUR guy. He fights for his team and will move a person off HIS sideline. I love our coaches attitude. I don't fault him for it. Hall should have done what Landry did. WALK AWAY. Fish, to me, looked like he grabbed Landry and Hall to push them away from OUR sideline. Hall took offense, Landry didn't. The game was a big deal for Hall (former Falcon) and Haynesworth (trash talk with our OL). They wanted to start something and it worked. Now, we will see how Goodell proceeds seeing that there was no injustice done to Hall. My opinion.

Coach Smith is OUR guy. He fights for his team and will move a person off HIS sideline. I love our coaches attitude. I don't fault him for it. Hall should have done what Landry did. WALK AWAY. Fish, to me, looked like he grabbed Landry and Hall to push them away from OUR sideline. Hall took offense, Landry didn't. The game was a big deal for Hall (former Falcon) and Haynesworth (trash talk with our OL). They wanted to start something and it worked. Now, we will see how Goodell proceeds seeing that there was no injustice done to Hall. My opinion.

To me, a coaches responsibility is player safety during a scrum or fight . . . now, unless Hall had a small weapon tucked in his pants, I seriously doubt he was going to do anything more than run his mouth and on top of that an offical was standing right next to Hall . . . now, tell me again why Smith felt it necessary to walk around an official to get to Hall . . . oh, that's right, "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE" LOL!!!!

By the way, Landry was "graciously" helped to the field by the same coach who grabbed Hall's jersey with both of his hands! LOL And . . . that was after Hall was being held by #41 and #51 so he couldn't walk away . . . do yourself a favor and go back and look at the video second by second and tell me I'm seeing things . . . please?

It's cools that Coach Smith wants to protect his players, his sidelines, blah blah blah, but, to me, he looked just as foolish as Hall in this scenario.

duce,

It could have been avoided if Hall did what Landry did...WALK AWAY. Why was he on the sideline when his teammate was walking away?

It was kind of hard for him to walk away when he was being held by #41 and #51.

Jeez . . . I've said this several times . . . go back and watch the video . . . it happens very quickly so you have to basically pause it second by second . . . not only does Landry walk away, but, no one and I mean NO ONE is even concerned with Landry! They not only let Landry get up, the same coach who grabs Hall from #41 and #51 basically helps Landry get back to the field before doing so!!!!! That coach can't get Landry out of the way fast enough to get to Hall. LOL They gave Landry a "red carpet" walkway back to the field! LOL

Hall doesn't walk away because he CAN'T walk away, he's being held first by #41 and #51, then by some assistant coach . . .

You know what I thought was odd??? Landry walks right by Coach Smith right after the late hit! In case you've forgotten, Landry is the player that actually tags Ryan out of bounds by the way!!!!!!! I guess Coach Smith thought why bother with Landry when we've got Hall in our clutches on our sidelines. LOL

Jeez . . . I've said this several times . . . go back and watch the video . . . it happens very quickly so you have to basically pause it second by second . . . not only does Landry walk away, but, no one and I mean NO ONE is even concerned with Landry! They not only let Landry get up, the same coach who grabs Hall from #41 and #51 basically helps Landry get back to the field before doing so!!!!! That coach can't get Landry out of the way fast enough to get to Hall. LOL They gave Landry a "red carpet" walkway back to the field! LOL

Hall doesn't walk away because he CAN'T walk away, he's being held first by #41 and #51, then by some assistant coach . . .

You know what I thought was odd??? Landry walks right by Coach Smith right after the late hit! In case you've forgotten, Landry is the player that actually tags Ryan out of bounds by the way!!!!!!! I guess Coach Smith thought why bother with Landry when we've got Hall in our clutches on our sidelines. LOL

The only problem with the Hall was being held theory is why was he charging forward? The late hit Smith was going to let the officials handle it but when Hall runs into the middle of the pile to supposedly pull Landry out who was already walking back to the huddle Smith knew he had to diffuse the situation. He doesn't tolerate trash players.

I just watched it again. Hall had his hand out at those 2 players, and the coach who grabbed him was doing so because HALL was starting it up.

I saw nothing remotely like what you describe. They weren't holding his arm. He was putting his hand in there and they were shoving him off their sideline. And as has been noted at length, if you watch what happens after that, Hall is charging them, not trying to get away.

Dude's a straight up liar.

Man, I'm proud that Smitty got in there and mixed it up. If he gets fined, he more than got it back in cred. I'll take this over Mora or Petrino any day (or Zorn, for that matter who would've ended up in fetal position with a thumb up each orifice)

If you guys can't handle a little sideline tussle, you need to watch another sport. It's not like Smith went out on the field, DHall came to our bench looking for something, and he got it.

Man, we have some sorry fans. I can't believe we still have Hall and Vick apologists still on this board.