I need help from someone with ESPN Insider

Xnex

A day after TE Weslye Saunders suggested that Steve Spurrier Jr. favored the receivers when he called passing plays (BTW, Steve Spurrier Sr. said that any disciplinary action against Saunders wuld be handled internally), Spurrier Sr. claimed that he still calls most of the plays.

"I'm still in charge of the play-calling. I don't call all of them like I used to. But we have a system here that's not bad," Spurrier Sr. said. "But ultimately, I'm the head coach and if there's an offensive coordinator title, I got it."

However, Joe Person of The State says that might not be entirely true: "The Spurriers have danced around the nepotism issue delicately during their five seasons. That's why Spurrier has been so evasive on the topic of play-calling. He says he's calling most of them. Others close to the program say Spurrier Jr., as Saunders suggested, is the primary play-caller."

ESPN's Chris Low says it's time for the elder Spurrier to strap on his play-calling headset and start drawing up all the plays for the Gamecocks.

A day after TE Weslye Saunders suggested that Steve Spurrier Jr. favored the receivers when he called passing plays (BTW, Steve Spurrier Sr. said that any disciplinary action against Saunders wuld be handled internally), Spurrier Sr. claimed that he still calls most of the plays.

"I'm still in charge of the play-calling. I don't call all of them like I used to. But we have a system here that's not bad," Spurrier Sr. said. "But ultimately, I'm the head coach and if there's an offensive coordinator title, I got it."

However, Joe Person of The State says that might not be entirely true: "The Spurriers have danced around the nepotism issue delicately during their five seasons. That's why Spurrier has been so evasive on the topic of play-calling. He says he's calling most of them. Others close to the program say Spurrier Jr., as Saunders suggested, is the primary play-caller."

ESPN's Chris Low says it's time for the elder Spurrier to strap on his play-calling headset and start drawing up all the plays for the Gamecocks.

Thanks for helping me out Ronaldo. I actually hope that Spurrier Jr. has been calling the plays. That could give me some hope, however fleeting, that we might improve on offense if Sr. took over the playcalling.

But based on last weeks game at Ark, I'm kind of convinced that Sr. was calling those plays. We almost totally abandoned the running game after they got ahead of us.