NFL looking into Redskins-Falcons scuffle

FireDawg85

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—The NFL is looking into Sunday’s altercation between Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall(notes) and members of the Falcons near the Atlanta bench.

League spokesman Randall Liu said the incident will be reviewed for possible discipline.

Hall ended up surrounded by Falcons players and coaches after teammate LaRon Landry(notes) was whistled for a late sideline hit on quarterback Matt Ryan(notes) during Sunday’s game at the Georgia Dome. Hall claimed Atlanta coach Mike Smith(notes) tried to put his hands on him “in a harmful way.”

Redskins coach Jim Zorn said a review of the video seemed to verify Hall’s side of the story.

Hall said he will complain to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

What tape is Zorn watching? This guy is in serious denial. :huh:

Edited by FireDawg85

I love how some sites are saying, Hall will get review of fight

the NFL would review this whether Hall requested it or not, any sideline fight, where 2 15 yard USLP's were called would be reviewed to see if any additional fines should be given

nothing is going to come out of this, Smith will be fine, if anything, this just adds to Halls list of being who he is and puts more of a Xmark on his back during games for the refs

http://sports.yahoo....ov=ap&type=lgns

ASHBURN, Va. (AP)—The NFL is looking into Sunday’s altercation between Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall(notes) and members of the Falcons near the Atlanta bench.

League spokesman Randall Liu said the incident will be reviewed for possible discipline.

Hall ended up surrounded by Falcons players and coaches after teammate LaRon Landry(notes) was whistled for a late sideline hit on quarterback Matt Ryan(notes) during Sunday’s game at the Georgia Dome. Hall claimed Atlanta coach Mike Smith(notes) tried to put his hands on him “in a harmful way.

Redskins coach Jim Zorn said a review of the video seemed to verify Hall’s side of the story.

Smith must have some hella arms to reach all the way across to the other side of the field :unsure:

But I thought Smith did nothing wrong?

The league should look into HC's and their behavior, Smith acted like a dingleberry and hopefully will punish acordingly.

If players can't do it neither can coaches

I have a short ignore list but you just made it. Your posts are worthless and I don't even want to accidentally read one.

Another reason to like Matt Ryan......

You can see in the video - Matt gets up, starts running back to the huddle and kinda slaps Landry on the arm in a "let's go, back on the field" kinda way. No whining, no words, nothing. "Let's play!".

He's awesome.

P.S. to PHATRYAN - VICK75

VICK SUCKED LAST NIGHT, JUST LIKE EVERY GAME THIS YEAR!!!!!!! HE SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKSSSSS AND WILL NEVER BE COMING BACK!!!!!!!! BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA @ YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks to me like:

1) Landry hit Ryan late...hard.

2) DHall was in the area and came over (possibly) to pull Landry away, but it looked to me like Landry was already walking off and DHall was mouthing off, right in Tony Gilbert's face. Gilbert is just standing there, not retaliating in any way

3) Meanwhile, there are other Falcons surrounding DHall, who by this time has caused quite a stir to an incident that otherwise would probably have already been over.

4) Smith is BEHIND DHall, reaching his arm across his shoulder at upper chest level to try to pull Hall away from the Falcon sideline, but Hall is still pushing forward trying to get in people's face.

Hall is a whiny, mouthy, average talent bum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

Hall ended up surrounded by Falcons players and coaches after teammate LaRon Landry(notes) was whistled for a late sideline hit on quarterback Matt Ryan(notes) during Sunday’s game at the Georgia Dome. Hall claimed Atlanta coach Mike Smith(notes) tried to put his hands on him “in a harmful way.”

gonna be really funny when Hall is the one bringing this to the league office's attention & then he's the one fined for not leaving the opposing benches area in a timely manner allowing the entire incident to happen.

Geezzz...the more I look at this, Hall appears to be the instigator. Fish is simply holding him with two clenched fists, by the jersey, to keep him from getting any closer to any players. Hall is mouthing off to anyone and everyone, and pushing forward trying to be confrontational. At least FIVE people are trying to get Hall BACK ONTO THE FIELD where he belongs:

1) Smith

2) Two referees

3) A couple Falcons

and finally,

4) Laron Landry, who Hall claimed he came to defend.

What a lying bum. I am SOOOOO glad that guy is gone.

Geezzz...the more I look at this, Hall appears to be the instigator. Fish is simply holding him with two clenched fists, by the jersey, to keep him from getting any closer to any players. Hall is mouthing off to anyone and everyone, and pushing forward trying to be confrontational. At least FIVE people are trying to get Hall BACK ONTO THE FIELD where he belongs:

1) Smith

2) Two referees

3) A couple Falcons

and finally,

4) Laron Landry, who Hall claimed he came to defend.

What a lying bum. I am SOOOOO glad that guy is gone.

I'm pretty sure went into that scuffle looking for contact.

What REALLY makes me mad is how he's trying to get our coach in trouble on the cheap.

Due to the fact that Hall is a former Falcon (there fore he had prior motive), has bad character history , along with video evidence I doubt Smith gets fined although he may get a phone call from Blank and Goodell (which I hope they keep out of the papers.