Guess we've all been wrong, GT grad Rogers Redding (like GT knows much about football anyway), says the officiating has been "really good" this year

Robb4242

Bulldog Bites: All is well, SEC’s top official says

1:54 pm November 9, 2009, by Bill King

Another week, another officiating controversy in the SEC (this time with LSU was on the short end), and it has the conference’s head of officiating, Georgia Tech grad Rogers Redding, sounding a bit like the Kevin Bacon character at the end of “Animal House.”

Speaking to Florida Today, Redding maintained that the officiating in the SEC this year hasn’t been much different from other seasons (wow, that’s a backdoor indictment if ever I heard one) and said it only seems worse this year because the coaches have been griping more in public.

“This is not broke,” Redding said of the officiating. “It doesn’t need fixing … I think we’ve had a really good season so far.”

All is well!

to be 9-1, id say tech knows alot about football unlike some teams..*coughs uga*

that has nothing to do with this thread. and you are dead wrong anyways. having a techie in charge of sec officials is pathetic.. we are getting acc officiating which stinks in the sec and it's noticable because we have TRUE national title contenders in the SEC with high national profiles.

Tech has these spurts of solid play every 18 or 19 years, you're right. ;)

Yeah and the best part is QB Josh Nesbitt doesn't even study the gameplan... in ESPN The Magazine he said when he studies the gameplan he gets too worried about the game and doesn't usually play well. That he does 2 things on any given running play... looks at the defensive end and outside linebacker to see their body language. Says reading the gameplan makes him tense and that being relaxed helps him play better... so he just doesn't study the gameplan.

Now that's good football right there!

GT knows enough about football to have 4 national championships. I guess UCLA doesn't know much about basketball either.~ :rolleyes:

way to try to take a shot at tech instead of just discussing the sec officiating. i seriously doubt the head of officiating for any conference is going to make an assessment on the calls that have been made based on where he went to college.

Yeah and the best part is QB Josh Nesbitt doesn't even study the gameplan... in ESPN The Magazine he said when he studies the gameplan he gets too worried about the game and doesn't usually play well. That he does 2 things on any given running play... looks at the defensive end and outside linebacker to see their body language. Says reading the gameplan makes him tense and that being relaxed helps him play better... so he just doesn't study the gameplan.

Now that's good football right there!

hey, if it works for him, i have no problem with it. i agree that it does help to play relaxed, and he's played pretty well this season, making a lot of good decisions with the ball.

GT knows enough about football to have 4 national championships. I guess UCLA doesn't know much about basketball either.~ :rolleyes:

way to try to take a shot at tech instead of just discussing the sec officiating. i seriously doubt the head of officiating for any conference is going to make an assessment on the calls that have been made based on where he went to college.

hey, if it works for him, i have no problem with it. i agree that it does help to play relaxed, and he's played pretty well this season, making a lot of good decisions with the ball.

This was to discuss the poor SEC officiating & the head in the sand approach of the head of officials. The chance to take a shot at tech was just a bonus.