Montez Robinson SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week.

SacFalcFan

Georgia freshman defensive end Montez Robinson made the most of his first significant playing time Saturday against Tennessee Tech.

The true freshman exploded for a career-hgh five tackles, including two sacks and 2.5 tackles for loss. For his effort, the 6-foot-5, 250-pound native of Avon, Ind. has been named the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week.

"I knew I was going to have an opportunity with Justin (Houston) out," Robinson said after the Bulldogs' 38-0 win. "I was hoping to contribute. I'm just glad I was able to do that."

Robinson's five tackles represented the second-most on the team as the Bulldogs collected six sacks and 15 tackles for loss against the Golden Eagles.

Robinson helped anchor a Bulldog defense that held Tennessee Tech to only 55 yards of total offense, which was the second-lowest output by an opponent in school history.

It also makred the first shutout for Georgia since the Bulldogs blanked UAB 34-0 in 2006.

The award was the first for Robinson and the third SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honor for teh Bulldogs this season.

Houston earned the honor following his performance against Arizona State and senior defensive tackle Geno Atkins received the honor after the Vanderbilt game.

The Bulldogs home Saturday against Auburn at 7 p.m. for a game that will be televised live on ESPN2.

glad to hear it. Looking at him he is listed at 254lbs and was recruited at 235 so he has added some much need weight. I hope he continues to develop and can be another great DL to come out of uga.

it's great for uga he had an awesome game.. he has been homesick and we need any de we can get right now and he is a true frosh.. i can't wait til he gets some more games under his belt.