Five down, four to go.

The Falcons are now half-way through the season. With the win over Washington, the Falcons' record is now 5-3. Barring the most inexplicable collapse by the New Orleans Saints, I think it likely that the NFC South championship is not obtainable by the Falcons this 2009 season . . . the way it goes. If the Falcons win a wild-card slot to proceed into the post-season, fine and good - the Falcons will have their chance and the Steelers showed that a wild-card team can go all the way. However, I'm not all that concerned about post-season this year.

I have two apprehensions remaining for this season:

1. I desperately want the Falcons to win no less than four more games this season, finish at least 9-7 and finally get the No-Consecutive-Wins monkey off our backs. (Let the Panthers now get ragged for not having any consecutive winning seasons.)

2. There is now a distressing (to me) possibility that the Saints may run the table, finish the regular season 16-0, go to the Super Bowl and win the NFL Championship. God Almighty Forbid!!! If that happens, we'll never hear the end of it.

If the Saints go to the SuperBowl,that will leave the Atlanta Falcons as the only team from the NFC South to not go to the SB sinnce the creation of the NFC South.

Of course if the Falcons go then the Saints will be the only NFC South team not to go.

If anyone cares.

If the Saints go to the SuperBowl,that will leave the Atlanta Falcons as the only team from the NFC South to not go to the SB sinnce the creation of the NFC South.

Of course if the Falcons go then the Saints will be the only NFC South team not to go.

If anyone cares.

i mean really, is that a big deal????we have been to a superbowl sooooo it doesnt matter nfc south or not..

I don't see the Saints running the table. They turn the ball over wayyyy to much and eventually it is going to come back and haunt them. If the Panthers didn't give up those 2 monster plays they would have won that game. I will say the Saints certainly have a team built to come back if down by alot of points but I just feel like their luck will run out soon.

If the same Saints that showed up the last three weeks show up against the Vikings. Adrina Peterson might be rushing for 200. If the division gets out of reach I might have to adopt the Vikings as a secondary team till Febuary. Saints MUST NOT win a superbowl before we do.

We're looking great for a wildcard spot.

If the same Saints that showed up the last three weeks show up against the Vikings. Adrina Peterson might be rushing for 200. If the division gets out of reach I might have to adopt the Vikings as a secondary team till Febuary. Saints MUST NOT win a superbowl before we do.

We're looking great for a wildcard spot.

The Falcons can beat both the Vikings and the Saints in the playoffs. So we won't have to worry about it.

Well, we DID go once...so that's a minor discernment in your time fram.

I said as a member of the NFC South.

If either the Saints or Falcs make the SB, it is a good reflection of the division.

Since the creation of the NFC South,only the Bucs have a losing record(regular season record),and they are the team with a SB Championship.

Of course this season is changing things drastically.

I just find it interesting.

Edited by edZep