Hopefully Matt overcomes his slump like Turner did.

mc

Matt is making some horrible decisions. That int was the worse thing I have seen him throw. He had Jenkins and White wide open and he had time to throw.

He also is thinking he is MV or something. Even with good protection, after 2 reads he is pulling the ball down and trying to run with it.

Matt looked better in the 2nd half but he never looked that shook up last year at all, even in the 1st tampa game.

Matt is making some horrible decisions. That int was the worse thing I have seen him throw. He had Jenkins and White wide open and he had time to throw.

He also is thinking he is MV or something. Even with good protection, after 2 reads he is pulling the ball down and trying to run with it.

Matt looked better in the 2nd half but he never looked that shook up last year at all, even in the 1st tampa game.

I seriously think they did something to him in the Cowboy game thats when this started

I watched the New england game and the Bears game, Something happen to him in the Cowboys game that really shook him

I saw it in his eyes, Maybe they did something to him when he was in the pile, told him something he didnt want to hear

I dont know, but now he wants to avoid sacks at all cost even at times where he is not under pressure he is tucking it, I hope he shakes it

I seriously think they did something to him in the Cowboy game thats when this started

I watched the New england game and the Bears game, Something happen to him in the Cowboys game that really shook him

I saw it in his eyes, Maybe they did something to him when he was in the pile, told him something he didnt want to hear

I dont know, but now he wants to avoid sacks at all cost even at times where he is not under pressure he is tucking it, I hope he shakes it

:lol: ..what could they have told him? we are going to kill your dog if you keep completing passes.... :lol:

Guest The Masked Falcon

I liked what Fox commentator Daryl "Moose" Johnston said about Ryan towards the end of the game today....

Not exact words but something to this effect:

"Some people down here have been recently doubting Ryan. That is absurd. You have your franchise quarterback."

So hmmmmmmm.....Do I listen to people like Steve Young, Brian Baldinger, Troy Aikman and Daryl Johnston or the ever-increasing number of trolls and/or doubters on this message board?

I liked what Fox commentator Daryl "Moose" Johnston said about Ryan towards the end of the game today....

Not exact words but something to this effect:

"Some people down here have been recently doubting Ryan. That is absurd. You have your franchise quarterback."

So hmmmmmmm.....Do I listen to people like Steve Young, Brian Baldinger, Troy Aikman and Daryl Johnston or the ever-increasing number of trolls and/or doubters on this message board?

There's no question that he's a franchise QB but that doesn't change the fact that he's been making some really poor decisions that he wasn't doing last year. He needs to start getting it together. 7 TD's and 2 INT's in the first 4 games. 6 TD's and 8 INT's in the past 4 games.

There's no question that he's a franchise QB but that doesn't change the fact that he's been making some really poor decisions that he wasn't doing last year. He needs to start getting it together. 7 TD's and 2 INT's in the first 4 games. 6 TD's and 8 INT's in the past 4 games.

Amen to this half of this. I'm still not convinced that he is a franchise QB

:lol: ..what could they have told him? we are going to kill your dog if you keep completing passes.... :lol:

Its funny, but im serious, there are all types of things that a man doesnt want to hear, I had it happen to me, when I almost got into a fight with somebody on the basketball court

We were jawing back and forth and I told him something he didnt want to hear, We still lost the game but I could tell that what I had said to him really got to him

Same look Ryan had, except the guy I played shook it off

To whoever said they are not convinced he is the Franchise, Dont be, you have a right to your opinion

He made a believer out of me a while back in the Denver Broncos game, so I wont doubt that he has a future this being his 2nd year in the league

He has to shake whatever happen to him in the Dallas game off

Guest The Masked Falcon

Amen to this half of this. I'm still not convinced that he is a franchise QB

That's definitely your right to be in a tiny minority.

Edited by The Masked Falcon

Guest The Masked Falcon

That INT was unacceptable. Matt has definitely looked much more rattled the last 3 or 4 games than he has at any point in his career. I hope he gets out of this funk soon and the Ice returns to his veins.

It was his worst pass of the year. I think the kid is pressing.

But long-term am I worried about him?

**** no.

When you commit to your running game, the passing stats suffer.

We all knew this coming into this season. We have an extremely balanced team. We can attack in a myriad of ways. Some teams we'll be able to run on. Other teams, we might choose to throw more.

Very few teams are balanced enough on defense to force us to mix up our primary attack. So, we'll have very few games where all of our offensive numbers look impressive.

But when we choose a method of attacking, it doesn't mean the other part of our offense is struggling.

Earlier in the season, everyone was talking about how our running game was struggling and our passing game was struggling with regards to the wideouts. But Gonzo was looking great.

Then we started using our wideouts more, and all of a sudden Gonzo and Turner are struggling.

Now, Turner has been effective for two weeks. But our passing game is struggling?

See the relation here?

When we focus on one aspect of our offense, it doesn't neccessarily mean we are struggling with the other aspects. It just means we are choosing a certain way to attack the opponent.

For instance, Redskins had the #2 ranked passing defense in the NFL. Therefore, we chose to stick with running the ball. Our starting running back just put up 150+ yards, and this was with very limited carries since our defense couldn't get off the field much of the second half. Not to mention, our #1 WR is a bit banged up.

But to suggest Ryan is struggling is simply focusing too much on the snap shot and not looking at the big picture.

We all knew this coming into this season. We have an extremely balanced team. We can attack in a myriad of ways. Some teams we'll be able to run on. Other teams, we might choose to throw more.

Very few teams are balanced enough on defense to force us to mix up our primary attack. So, we'll have very few games where all of our offensive numbers look impressive.

But when we choose a method of attacking, it doesn't mean the other part of our offense is struggling.

Earlier in the season, everyone was talking about how our running game was struggling and our passing game was struggling with regards to the wideouts. But Gonzo was looking great.

Then we started using our wideouts more, and all of a sudden Gonzo and Turner are struggling.

Now, Turner has been effective for two weeks. But our passing game is struggling?

See the relation here?

When we focus on one aspect of our offense, it doesn't neccessarily mean we are struggling with the other aspects. It just means we are choosing a certain way to attack the opponent.

For instance, Redskins had the #2 ranked passing defense in the NFL. Therefore, we chose to stick with running the ball. Our starting running back just put up 150+ yards, and this was with very limited carries since our defense couldn't get off the field much of the second half. Not to mention, our #1 WR is a bit banged up.

But to suggest Ryan is struggling is simply focusing too much on the snap shot and not looking at the big picture.

great post. very well said

Guest The Masked Falcon

Three bad games in a row for Matt Ryan. Thankfully Turner is rolling now.

I wouldn't qualify today as a "bad" game.....He threw one really crappy pick....His completion percentage was over 70% and he had a TD pass. One of the best pass defenses in the NFL....

Not a great game....you could even make the argument that it wasn't a good game for Ryan either, but considering all the factors about today's game I think it's a stretch to label it as a bad game.

See the relation here?

Look you are the voice of reason, but Im a fan of the truth

Somethings in life I choose to see things differently, in ways that contrast with reality

Football, not one of those things, I love it to much not to give my honest opinion

And honestly Ryan has been shook, since the cowboys game, We are talking a three game stretch here not a snap shot

Im not talking yards,could care less about the stats, Im not even going to discuss the interception

Im talking about the stat that doesnt comply with numbers, Composure

Ryans composure has been in witness protection for the last three games

He is rushing throws, escaping from pressure thats not, locking on to targets, although he has been doing that since the beginning of the year, it didnt make itself apparent until the last three games

He is not as composed as he was last year or the beginning of this year, thats the truth

Slump, Bad game, Not his fault, Its gonna be ok, He is playing great........

Whatever your opinion, He is not at full throttle, and when he is not at full throttle, the offense is not at full throttle

We need full throttle not only to make a playoff run but to make it deep into the playoffs

He needs to regain his composure, quickly, not just when we are up 3 TD's going into the half but when we are down 2 TD's going into the half

Edited by the baptist

To me it looks like he's spending too much time watching the pass rush and not enough time looking downfield.

He starts to look at the pass rush and then looks downfield to find Gonzales.