Peterson, Turner and now Ryan

Before the regular season several people were busting on Peterson. We had to hear how he was "old" and "slow" and was terrible. People moaned and groaned about how bad he was going to get beat and how TE's and RB's were going to eat our defense alive.

Next came Turner. He was "fat" and "burned out" and couldn't run any more. Some of these band wagon fans were saying he needed to be replaced by Snelling. What's worse was there were a few regular fans (people I respect on this board) that were even starting to pile on the guy.

Now it's Ryan. Over the last couple of weeks its been he "can't read the defense" and "sophmore slump" and "week armed". Every mistake is criticized over and over.

All I know is that Peterson is becoming the leader of a very young defense. They have made big plays in almost every game win or lose and are playing with heart. Yeah, we could be better but how many starters did we lose? How bad was our defense just a few years ago?

Turner is busting people in the mouth the last two weeks. Yeah, he had some issues, but he has come out and showed people that he is a professional that is able to correct mistakes and knows how to win.

Ryan is a winner. Period. 25 games into his professional career and he has a winning record and decent statistics. Let's not even look at the numbers just look at the fact we are winning and he is leading. Yeah, he might make a couple of dumb throws, but he bounces back and dosent give up. In two more years this kid will be the best quarterback in the NFL.

This team isnt the New York Yankees. Football is not like baseball. You cannot just go out and buy a great team in one year. All these bandwagon fans and transplanted northerners that cannot respect our team either need to shut up and stop commenting on this board, or go "support" another team. The falcon's have one of the best owners, front offices, coaching staff and group on young players in the NFL. Give them a little slack and how about cutting out the negativity after a freaking win.

Edited by schwarzenegger321

Guest The Masked Falcon

I liked what Fox commentator Daryl "Moose" Johnston said about Ryan towards the end of the game today....

Not exact words but something to this effect:

"Some people down here have been recently doubting Ryan. That is absurd. You have your franchise quarterback."

So hmmmmmmm.....Do I listen to people like Steve Young, Brian Baldinger, Troy Aikman and Daryl Johnston or the ever-increasing number of trolls on this message board?

Edited by The Masked Falcon

They cant help themselves their just confused and tired from jumping on and off the wagon.. :lol::lol::lol:

The Ryan bashing is pretty stupid. As good as he is now, the kid is still only in his second year. No one wants to cut him any slack when he makes a mistake. He spoiled them last year I guess. We have a lot of bandwagon fans for sure but also much as I hate to bring it up, there are still fans of a certain former QB here who ridiculously think he was wronged in some way and therefore will jump on Ryan any chance they get. It really makes me sick.

Even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady make bad decisions and throw INT's sometimes. It's part of the game.

You just have stubborn people here who are too thickheaded to realize that.

Actually a lot of our run success today is due to Matt Ryan reading the defense and calling an audible into a run particular run play based on what the defense was showing. Washington is a VERY good defense and we scored more points on them than they have given up all year.

Anyone complaining right now isn't really a fan. Most of them are rival trolls whose sole purpose is making other posters angry.

The Ryan bashing is pretty stupid. As good as he is now, the kid is still only in his second year. No one wants to cut him any slack when he makes a mistake. He spoiled them last year I guess. We have a lot of bandwagon fans for sure but also much as I hate to bring it up, there are still fans of a certain former QB here who ridiculously think he was wronged in some way and therefore will jump on Ryan any chance they get. It really makes me sick.

Even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady make bad decisions and throw INT's sometimes. It's part of the game.

You just have stubborn people here who are too thickheaded to realize that.

Did you see Brady's numbers from today. I guess the Pat's should cut him too.

Before the regular season several people were busting on Peterson. We had to hear how he was "old" and "slow" and was terrible. People moaned and groaned about how bad he was going to get beat and how TE's and RB's were going to eat our defense alive.

Next came Turner. He was "fat" and "burned out" and couldn't run any more. Some of these band wagon fans were saying he needed to be replaced by Snelling. What's worse was there were a few regular fans (people I respect on this board) that were even starting to pile on the guy.

Now it's Ryan. Over the last couple of weeks its been he "can't read the defense" and "sophmore slump" and "week armed". Every mistake is criticized over and over.

All I know is that Peterson is becoming the leader of a very young defense. They have made big plays in almost every game win or lose and are playing with a little heart. Yeah, we could be better but how many starters did we lose? How bad was our defense just a few years ago?

Turner is busting people in the mouth the last two weeks. Yeah, he had some issues, but he has come out and showed people that he is a professional that is able to correct mistakes and knows how to win.

Ryan is a winner. Period. 25 games into his professional career and he has a winning record and decent statistics. Let's not even look at the numbers just look at the fact we are winning and he is leading. Yeah, he might make a couple of dumb throws, but he bounces back and dosent give up. In two more years this kid will be the best quarterback in the NFL.

This team isnt the New York Yankees. Football is not like baseball. You cannot just go out and buy a great team in one year. All these bandwagon fans and transplanted northerners that cannot respect our team either need to shut up and stop commenting on this board, or go "support" another team. The falcon's have one of the best owners, front offices, coaching staff and group on young players in the NFL. Give them a little slack and how about cutting out the negativity after a freaking win.

FINALLY! a thread that makes sense... 10+

To be honest, I am never negative, just real honest, and opinions are opinions to me, could care less about those who post negativity with no substance

The truth hurts, and the truth is something happen to Ryan in the Cowboys game, after the world said he couldnt be touched all of a sudden they were putting him on his back

From that game on, he has been rushing throws and tucking running into defensive lineman in this game he was doing it at times when there was no pressure, I mean no pressure at all

Call me what you want but its the truth

Do I think he can shake it? He made me a believer last year, so there is no doubt in my mind he is the Franchise

About negativity after a win, Me personally having to put the nail in the coffin in the 4th quarter against a team like the Redskins is simply not enough

No you cant win all games 70-3 but 48-3 was realistic, and the defense went to sleep and let them back into the game, you know it I know it, and everybody knows it

Teams that make it deep into the playoffs are not satisfied with the dagger grazing the jugular, they see fit that it opens what can not be shut

Teams that make it deep into the playoffs underestimate no opponents will to come back and win, thats what they did today, truth hurts

I was listening to the 2nd half on the radio, and Dave Archer indicated that on Turner's long TD run, Ryan set the whole thing up. He audibled, and London Fletcher changed the defense, and Ryan audibled again to take advantage of the zone Fletcher had them in and it resulted in the TD.

Sometimes the QB is playing very, very well even if he isn't racking up a ton of passing yards. People just do not understand how important this guy is to our offense and how far ahead of the curve he is at this point in his young career. Tell them that, and they want to spew stats at you. Ryan's intangibles are what will make him great.

To be honest, I am never negative, just real honest, and opinions are opinions to me, could care less about those who post negativity with no substance

The truth hurts, and the truth is something happen to Ryan in the Cowboys game, after the world said he couldnt be touched all of a sudden they were putting him on his back

From that game on, he has been rushing throws and tucking running into defensive lineman in this game he was doing it at times when there was no pressure, I mean no pressure at all

Call me what you want but its the truth

Do I think he can shake it? He made me a believer last year, so there is no doubt in my mind he is the Franchise

About negativity after a win, Me personally having to put the nail in the coffin in the 4th quarter against a team like the Redskins is simply not enough

No you cant win all games 70-3 but 48-3 was realistic, and the defense went to sleep and let them back into the game, you know it I know it, and everybody knows it

Teams that make it deep into the playoffs are not satisfied with the dagger grazing the jugular, they see fit that it opens what can not be shut

Teams that make it deep into the playoffs underestimate no opponents will to come back and win, thats what they did today, truth hurts

I understand your point and agree with you to some extent. But the thing is this. The other team wants to win too. With all of the problems the Redskins have (and I'm just using them as an example) each one of those guy on that team wants to win. There are going to be break downs on both sides of the ball. Seasons like what the patriots had a few years ago are flukes. Just in the last couple of weeks some of the best players in the game have had down games. Payton Manning threw one TD in two weeks. Brady threw for less than .500. Peterson, a few weeks ago, had a game or two where I actually herd them on a pregame show say that there was nothing wrong with him and that he was not hurt or burned out. Come on.

We have a young team. Learning to play 60 minutes takes experience and a good coaching staff. Just give the team a little patients and we will be putting the proverbial nail in the coffin well before the 4th quarter on a lot of these teams.

I'm one of those who was doubting Turner a couple of weeks ago and wanted to see more of Snelling. Turner was, however, looking pretty darn bad at the time. The coaches obviously knew more than I did.

As for Ryan, I have to give him another 1-3 years and see how he develops. I definitely think he has some developing to do, i.e. I think he is not quite there yet and thus however far we make it this season is just gravy.

I'd love to see Ryan & Co. come alive when we're either playing the Cardinals, Cowboys, or Eagles on the road in the first round of the playoffs, though (because that's what we're probably looking at).

Edited by Firstiary

They cant help themselves their just confused and tired from jumping on and off the wagon.. :lol::lol::lol:

Well when it comes to Ryan and Turner, I dont know why anyone would start to doubt our future. But Peterson was brought in only to fill in. Peterson is CLOSE to the same level as Brooking was (Peterson has more aggression). Just that Smitty knows that Peterson can come into his system and produce. You cant expect much from a guy his age. We will probably draft an OLB next year and then our entire team will be young, fast, and overall, battle tested. Our future is bright!

I'm one of those who was doubting Turner a couple of weeks ago and wanted to see more of Snelling. Turner was, however, looking pretty darn bad at the time. The coaches obviously knew more than I did.

As for Ryan, I have to give him another 1-3 years and see how he develops. I definitely think he has some developing to do, i.e. I think he is not quite there yet and thus however far we make it this season is just gravy.

I'd love to see Ryan & Co. come alive when we're either playing the Cardinals, Cowboys, or Eagles on the road in the first round of the playoffs, though (because that's what we're probably looking at).

I agree and I think that step is going to be soon to come. You have to learn how to win the big game. Ryan is getting there. In the next 10 or so games I am expecting a come from behind win from him (like the bears last year). I think a 4TD and 300 yard passing game will be in the near future too, but not with the way we are running the ball right now.

All I know is that Peterson is becoming the leader of a very young defense. They have made big plays in almost every game win or lose and are playing with heart. Yeah, we could be better but how many starters did we lose? How bad was our defense just a few years ago?

Very well said. Superb post. +1.

Well, I agree with your first two points. M. Peterson has stepped up to the leadership role nicely.M. Turner has made corrections and is running well as of late.

My question is about your third point. I never understand when people say QB's are winners. Did'nt the rest of the team play?Did Matt Ryan play special teams,and defense?I dont believe any one player can take full credit for winning a game. One player may be VITAL in the win (which ryan has not been in awhile) but no one player cantake full credit for a win.

Matt is indeed in a funk. Hopefully he can pull out of it soon. Until then, I hope that turner can be a vital part in taking this team to the play-offs as he was last year.

Edited by ChessPlayer1