Jahvid Best hurt

falcon_91

Wow...I just saw the footage from that part of the game on sportscenter. I'm glad to hear that it's only a concussion, however I'm hoping it doesn't turn into anything serious. I pray he makes a speedy recovery from this and is able to play football again. You hate to see any kid get hurt, especially that badly.

I pulled this from the espn.com article on the Cal/Oregon St. game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4633427

Best had movement in all of his extremities, Cal spokesman Herb Benenson said. Benenson also said that a preliminary evaluation showed Best sustained a concussion, but more tests were being done before a final diagnosis would be announced by the school. Tedford didn't know whether Best would be kept in the hospital over night.

Best's helmet came off on impact. He vaulted into the air over Oregon State safety Cameron Collins on the 7-yard touchdown run. Best's jersey was removed and he was wearing an oxygen mask when carted out of the stadium. Benenson said Best was taken to an emergency room for observation and examination.

Best missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday with a slight concussion sustained in the team's 23-21 win at Arizona State last Saturday, but participated in full during Thursday's workout. The concussion wasn't diagnosed right away.

Tedford said the fact Best has sustained two concussions in a week's span would be taken seriously.

"I'm sure that will be talked about," Tedford said. "He will be evaluated very closely, no question about it. There's no way we'd take a chance with any of our players.".....Before play resumed, Tedford told his players Best was moving and assured them he would be OK.

Edited by RedandBlack4Life!