Matt Ryan is a Warrior

LVfalconfan

All you you who think Matt Ryan gets rattled and scared and all of this non sense are crazy.

He played a season with a broken foot or something crazy like that. We saw him come back at Virginia Tech, we saw him never quit in the bucs game last season in Tampa were he was getting nailed, we saw the bears game. If that is not enough for you to see he is special and has not lost a thing, go to the bucs boards, they have plenty of qb's to trash go to the Panthers board and talk about delhommo. Matt Ryan is the leader of this offense and he is still learning and will continue to get better. If this is his only slump so far, Ill take it. I say he lights up the Redskins D for 300 yards 4 td. Matt is the Future.

Go look at his wikipedia page and his stats. He improved a ton in college each year, and I expect no different here with Atlanta. Go Falcons.

Edited by LVfalconfan

Guest The Masked Falcon

Preach it brother.

Falcon "fans" doubting this kid either don't know anything about professional football or have some other type of agenda to push or are horrendous inbred trolls.

All you you who think Matt Ryan gets rattled and scared and all of this non sense are crazy.

He played a season with a broken foot or something crazy like that. We saw him come back at Virginia Tech, we saw him never quit in the bucs game last season in Tampa were he was getting nailed, we saw the bears game. If that is not enough for you to see he is special and has not lost a thing, go to the bucs boards, they have plenty of qb's to trash go to the Panthers board and talk about delhommo. Matt Ryan is the leader of this offense and he is still learning and will continue to get better. If this is his only slump so far, Ill take it. I say he lights up the Redskins D for 300 yards 4 td. Matt is the Future.

Go look at his wikipedia page and his stats. He improved a ton in college each year, and I expect no different here with Atlanta. Go Falcons.

You got everything right except one thing... He is the leader of this TEAM. Not to sound too melodramatic but... He gave our franchise hope at a time when none seemed possible. The very least we can do is show our support during a time in which he may be struggling slightly!

You got everything right except one thing... He is the leader of this TEAM. Not to sound too melodramatic but... He gave our franchise hope at a time when none seemed possible. The very least we can do is show our support during a time in which he may be struggling slightly!

Agreed. People got spoiled after his rookie season and expected a Brady manning performance in his second year. Give him time. I dont think he has really had a break out game yet. I mean he has had great games, but we rely on our running game more than passing so statistically he wont look great. But I think we are not to far from seeing him have performances like in college 400 yards 4 tds and crazy stuff like that.

After that play he got up like it never happened, the kids a stud!

The problem I have is that some people act like you cannot even criticize Matt Ryan because of what he has done in the past.

He hasn't played well in these past 3 games. He deserves to hear about it. That doesn't mean we start having doubts and questioning if we should have drafted him.

Everybody knows he is already an above-average QB and should continue to get better.

The problem with this board is that we are too extreme. When he plays well, a bunch of folks are saying he will be a HOFer. When he plays bad, we made a mistake drafting him and should have got Flacco.

We know we have a good QB. Hopefully he shakes this stretch off and gets better. That is all that really needs to be said.

The problem I have is that some people act like you cannot even criticize Matt Ryan because of what he has done in the past.

He hasn't played well in these past 3 games. He deserves to hear about it. That doesn't mean we start having doubts and questioning if we should have drafted him.

Everybody knows he is already an above-average QB and should continue to get better.

The problem with this board is that we are too extreme. When he plays well, a bunch of folks are saying he will be a HOFer. When he plays bad, we made a mistake drafting him and should have got Flacco.

We know we have a good QB. Hopefully he shakes this stretch off and gets better. That is all that really needs to be said.

I dont think that we cant criticize him, He is paid to perform at a high level and when he doesn't im sure he heres it. Just like if Im a chef and screw up 3 meals in a row, Im gonna hear it because I am expected to no do that. I just dont think we should throw him under the bus and say he is a bust, I think his future is so bright that a few little speed bumps here and there are nothing.

Agreed. People got spoiled after his rookie season and expected a Brady manning performance in his second year. Give him time. I dont think he has really had a break out game yet. I mean he has had great games, but we rely on our running game more than passing so statistically he wont look great. But I think we are not to far from seeing him have performances like in college 400 yards 4 tds and crazy stuff like that.

Absolutely.

All I needed to see was that bone crunching sack he took in Philly last year. I didn't think he was going to get up from that. They had Chris Redman preparing to go in on the sidelines - while Matt nearly crawled off the field. At the last second - he waved Redman off and went back out.

That was all I ever needed to see. The man has courage. More than most of these message board critics ever thought of having in their life.

****, if I nearly broke my neck diving into the endzone in Minnesota last year - I would have at least taken a play off. Not Ryan - he was right back out there.

He's got what it takes - and it's not fear.

Ryan is getting rattled and this has caused him to regress. He has the whole future to come out of it and most likley will. But for now, he is looking sort of bad under duress.

(waits for the flamers to get him for the first and last sentence):o

Everyone performed over their head last year, coaches included. You couple that with one of the weakest schedules in the league and lttle to no injuries and bam 11 wins. Now that reality hits and this is really an 8-9 win team at best most on here are going to go loco at the end of the year wondering what happened. Reality happened, it's going to be interesing when we take it in the shorts vs the Skins.

Here's an excerpt from an article which references the broken foot:

As Matt Ryan followed his teammates off the field after last season's 22-3 trouncing of No. 22 Virginia Tech (The Heights), he mouthed to his father in the stands: "I think I broke my foot."

Just as his passes had been that Thursday night, Ryan's diagnosis was spot-on. The post-game training room was filled with nervous onlookers, and the team's orthopedic surgeon Diane English had already scheduled surgery for the following Thursday to fix a screw into the fifth metatarsal on Ryan's left foot.

Mike Ryan thought his son should go ahead with the season-ending operation, but Matt, finally given the chance to lead the Eagles for a full season, wanted to wait and see.

On Monday, he told his dad he couldn't put his foot on the ground without pain. On Tuesday, he could at least stand. On Wednesday, an orthopedic boot allowed him to walk.

And on Thursday, the day he was scheduled for surgery, he called his father to say he was back to throwing a football - two days before he led BC to its first-ever win at Florida State (The Heights).

Was there ever a consideration of risking NFL millions to play through a broken foot?

"Well, there was constantly my mom talking to me on the phone telling me this wasn't a good idea," says Ryan, whose foot he now says is stronger than ever. "But once I made the decision and knew I was capable of doing that, I didn't look back and kinda just went with it."

Ryan played the rest of the season on the broken foot - not to mention the effects of a high ankle sprain from the season opener - missing only a 41-0 defeat of Buffalo when O'Brien gave his star's lower body a week to heal. Ryan, of course, called his father slightly upset that he had been benched.

Ryan's junior season was impressive and surprising. He went from second string to leading the ACC with 2,942 yards and 19 touchdowns on his way to being named to the conference's first-team.

Saturday's performance made him just the fifth quarterback in school history with over 5,000 career passing yards and has him averaging more yards and a better completion percentage than any BC quarterback since - and including - Doug Flute.

Everyone performed over their head last year, coaches included. You couple that with one of the weakest schedules in the league and lttle to no injuries and bam 11 wins. Now that reality hits and this is really an 8-9 win team at best most on here are going to go loco at the end of the year wondering what happened. Reality happened, it's going to be interesing when we take it in the shorts vs the Skins.

Naw, I wouldn't take it that far. We most likley win at home. On the road, I would be concerned a bit. I think we finally get the b2b jinx gone this year.

Guest The Masked Falcon

The great thing is that after we beat the 'Skins you will slither under the bridge you occupy until we drop another game.

Just another reason to root for another Falcon win.

You are a troll.

Wow, okay, you really think we're going to lose to a Skin team whose Off line is

so pathectic, they can't even open any type of running lanes, much less protect

JC, who BTW, is slightly better than Joey harrington. A Headcoach who is "clueless in

Seattle" and an owner who is even dumber. They have a decent enough defense,

but wait - Having Meangelo in the secondary negates that. Okay. :angry:

I agree one day Matt Ryan will be a WARRIOR, but he's not there yet. Under the leadership of Matt the mighty Falcon record is 15-8, that's 53%, would like to see that improve, how about you.

Not sure about your math - but my friend - that is 65.2% - not bad for a second year QB.

I think some people forget that he has only played what, 25 games?! lol

Anyone who wants to troll on here and talk about he has lost something, or his arm isn't big enough, or whatever else their little troll minds force them to make threads about, they all need to remember one thing....

Matt Ryan could possibly be the best QB that this franchise has ever known when it's all said done.

very very possible

Anyone who wants to troll on here and talk about he has lost something, or his arm isn't big enough, or whatever else their little troll minds force them to make threads about, they all need to remember one thing....

Matt Ryan could possibly be the best QB that this franchise has ever known when it's all said done.

very very possible

23 games.

I wouldn't worry about all the trollers. They're just getting in their licks while they can because they know their chances will be few and far between.

Let 'em enjoy it. They'll slither away on their slimy little legs as soon as Matt has a good game.

very very possible

Your an idiot!

very very possible