Where did you get your falcon fanhood?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was already a football fan. I had a bunch of brothers in my household and was pretty much a tomboy. I was a fan of the Steelers for much of my youth.

When the talk came out that we were getting our own football team - it was electric around my home. That's all anyone could talk about - so of course I got caught up in it. It was very exciting at the time. I was already a fan before they ever drafted Nobis.

I didn't get to go to my first football game live until I was old enough to buy my own ticket - which was in 71 - but that's when I bought my first season tickets and have had them since except for a stretch when I was living in South Florida and let them drop for a few years. As soon as I knew I was moving back - I got them again. Looking back - I wish I had just kept them - the seats were great. Not complaining too much though - I love the section I'm in now.

I was already a football fan. I had a bunch of brothers in my household and was pretty much a tomboy. I was a fan of the Steelers for much of my youth.

When the talk came out that we were getting our own football team - it was electric around my home. That's all anyone could talk about - so of course I got caught up in it. It was very exciting at the time. I was already a fan before they ever drafted Nobis.

I didn't get to go to my first football game live until I was old enough to buy my own ticket - which was in 71 - but that's when I bought my first season tickets and have had them since except for a stretch when I was living in South Florida and let them drop for a few years. As soon as I knew I was moving back - I got them again. Looking back - I wish I had just kept them - the seats were great. Not complaining too much though - I love the section I'm in now.

Dang you go way back as well!!! Glad the Falcons came along so that you could ditch the Steelers!!! As a kid I was a huge Franco Harris fan. Never really hated the Steelers until I moved to Pa.

I have lived in NY for 24 years and counting, and I am a diehard Yankees and Giants fan. In 2003, I enrolled in Boston College, and thus, have seen every game that Ryan has ever played. I've watched his heroic comebacks vs Clemson, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, and wins vs Notre Dame. Needless to say, I am a self proclaimed Matt Ryan Disciple (BCEaGleATLFaLcOn is also part of this group). When Ryan entered the draft, it was pretty clear that I would support the team that drafted him. Thus, I've been Falcons fan since they drafted him.

Ever since then, I've really grown to love this team. Ryan is still my favorite, but Lofton is a really really really close second. I really like the organization, even when Vick was here, and I expect a lot from this team, especially with the coaching staff and Ryan's leaderships skills. I know that this team will have a lot of success in the future. If anyone has seen Ryan play for as long as I have, they would draw the same conclusion.

Now, as stated before, I am also a diehard Giants fan, so it will be tough if/when these teams face off in the playoffs. Originally, I was only going to root for Ryan's performance, but now that I've watched these Falcon games, I've really grown to love the team. I can only hope that I don't have a heart-attack when these teams play. :)

Born in ATL, raised in ATL, never lived anywhere else. Support all ATL teams. Well all Georgia teams. Falcons, Hawks, Braves, Thrashers, Tech, UGA. Even the Chiefs and Force when they were around.

Started liking NFL football in 65 when my brother and I got one of those vibrating football games. He was the Colts. I was the Packers. Liked the Packers for three years then switched to the Rams cause I liked Decon Jones and Roman Rabriel.

Went to AFCS in 1970 to see the Rams play the Falcons. Saw Harmon Wages tear up the Rams. Been a Falcon fan every since.

Edited by FalconFanSince1970

I grew up near Augusta and watched pro football on TV with Dad on Sundays in the early 50's back when it all began.

(TV football that is).

I was a young man teaching College in Ky when I learned that Atlanta was getting a pro football team.

I've been a fan ever since the beginning.

Edited by delaigle

I grew up in Augusta but for most of my youth, I too was a Steelers fan. My mom and dad were from PA and the Steelers were hot back in the 70s. As I got older and went to a few Falcons games with my dad back in the late 70s, I switched teams and have been die-hard fan ever since. It hasn't been a fun ride but an eventful one none the less

I'm not gonna lie, I started liking the team when we drafted Michael Vick. I was a pretty big vick fan at the time, had a bunch of Vick jersey's and all.

I ended up liking the entire team, even after Vick left, I knew it was another chapter in the Falcons history, and it was time to move on.

This is how I started liking the Falcons also. I grew up a huge Va Tech fan so that's why I liked Vick so much. For the record I'm not a Vick guy anymore, I think Matt Ryan is the future of not only this franchise but the NFL.

not going to lie most of my childhood i never watched football. i was 19 years old aboard the uss ramage ddg-61 in norfolk va it was 1998. i didnt follow the whole falcon season but i found out the falcons were in the playoffs so i sat with the rest of the guys in the mess decks and watch us break garrison hearst leg in the SF game and then watched the thrilling Vikings game.i remember feeling that sense of pride that my homestate football team was going to the superbowl and i realized i absolutely love football since that day never missed a game

Born in Atlanta and lived there when both the Braves and the Falcons started playing there. Had a summer job with an electrical contractor and worked some on construction building Fulton County Stadium. Was an usher for several games for the Braves first season. Used to go to Ponce De Leon Park to watch the Crackers as a kid. Was at Ga Tech when the Falcons started - remember the unveiling of the Falcon name and logo. I still like the original best. I am, and always will be, an Atlanta teams fan. Especially the Falcons.

When I was in third grade for the second time my parents got called into a parent teacher conference. It wasn't that I was a bad kid as much as bad things always happened around me. My recent adventures that landed me in the principal's office was just a scam on the kids who were on the free lunch program. It's a real shame that didn't work out because I was trying to fund a Ponzi scheme to monopolize the market on Now & Laters and Bubblicious bubble gum. That day in the principal's office I remember my dad saying, "All in all he's not a bad kid." That's when my third grade teacher , Mrs. Winchester, spoke up and said, ".....and he ain't no Saint either!"

Ever since.....I've been a Falcon fan.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. :lol:

Became a Falcon fan in 1974. Until then I was a Dolphins fan, I was 11. In 1974 I didn't have cable TV, so it was the three networks and the rabbit-ears. My area (South Georgia) only covered the Dolphins. On 11-03-1974 the Dolphins hosted the Atlanta Falcons and defeated them 42-7. I've been a Falcon since that day. For the next several years I had to follow the Falcons through their box scores in the AJC (which my Mom would buy for me at the local news stand on Mondays following the games).

I was born 1970 in Tuskegee, AL and lived in Montgomery until I was 12. Since Atlanta was the closest professional city, I loved all the sports teams and still do. Falcons, Braves, Hawks, and even the Flames and Cosmos (how many remember them?). That is the main reason why I live in metro Atlanta now, my teams.

Born and raised in Lebanon, moved to Canada 10 years ago at age 11 , needed something to do, started playing football (CFL rules, gay I know), fell in love with the sport. When Madden 2002 came out, I used to always beat my older brother, he said it was because I played with the best team (Vikings at the time) so I chose the worst team in the game (Atlanta Falcons at the time) and played every game with them, fell in love with Brooking, Kerney and yes... Michael Vick... and the Falcons.

Edited by Roudy1234