What Could Have Been!

lostnmexico

Thomas Dimitroff missed badly on this one while many of us on this board clamored for his services. Now we are stuck with Fudge and the Missouri band-aid man!

Bernard Pollard-DB- Texans Nov. 5 - 2:55 pm et

The Texans are allowing a meager 58.2 rushing yards per game since Bernard Pollard took over as the starting strong safety in Week 4.

They had surrendered 205.0 rushing yards per game in the first three weeks of the season. While the front-seven deserves much of the credit for the dramatic turnaround, Pollard has brought a hard-hitting style to the secondary. The Texans can thank the Chiefs (No. 30 in total defense), who decided they no longer needed Pollard just prior to the season.

Guest The Masked Falcon

I did not call him a bust. I called him a potential bust and that is a real possibility based on what he has shown so far. Pollard would have been great for us as well then we could have played Coleman in the slot at Nickle.

Bad non-move TD! Apathy sux!

Hmmmmm............trust in our GM whose moves so far have totally transformed this franchise from being the punchline to a bad joke or just another nameless, faceless poster on a message board?

"I'll take Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff for $1000 Alex."

I did not call him a bust. I called him a potential bust and that is a real possibility based on what he has shown so far. Pollard would have been great for us as well then we could have played Coleman in the slot at Nickle.

i still don't think it's necessary to call him even a potential bust. EVERY player in the draft this year could be labeled a "potential bust" from matthew stafford to mark sanchez to william moore to really anyone who was drafted in the first two rounds. wait a year or two so william moore can show you what he's worth on the field before you start labelling him a potential bust. if he starts playing like jason webster did then i would see your point, but you're basing this "potential bust" thing off of absolutely nothing.

Edited by taylor228193

The topic is not really about our "potential bust" Moore. Its about Pollard. We should have picked him up when he was available! Here is the attrition list:

William Moore

Jamal Fudge

Eric Coleman being forced to play out of position at SS

and now .......Charlie Peprika

Dude. We needed a SS! We still need a SS and Dimitroff missed the boat on this one!

Bon Voyage TD! Totally Disatrous passing on a guy like Pollard.

Thomas Dimitroff missed badly on this one while many of us on this board clamored for his services. Now we are stuck with Fudge and the Missouri band-aid man!

Bernard Pollard-DB- Texans Nov. 5 - 2:55 pm et

The Texans are allowing a meager 58.2 rushing yards per game since Bernard Pollard took over as the starting strong safety in Week 4.

They had surrendered 205.0 rushing yards per game in the first three weeks of the season. While the front-seven deserves much of the credit for the dramatic turnaround, Pollard has brought a hard-hitting style to the secondary. The Texans can thank the Chiefs (No. 30 in total defense), who decided they no longer needed Pollard just prior to the season.

I dont know about Will Mo just yet, nobody does

But Pollard I can agree on

I really thought He would make a move for Pollard, I really didnt understand why he was cut in the first place

Moore was a first rounder who to this point has produced nothing but medical costs! That makes him a potential BUST. To be a potential HOFer you have to get on the field first!

How can you call a player a bust when you have never seen them play? you are dumb ***.

BTW, he was a 2nd rounder.... not a 1st.

Well by your standards every rookie is a potential bust. Article says the improvement on defense is the result of the front 7 not Pollard. You also have to look at it as "...is Pollard that GOOD or was who he replaced that BAD?" Considering the Chiefs had cut him, I would think it's the latter.

Also, there are 29 other GMs didn't make the move. DeCoud and Coleman are both playing well so it's no sweat off the back. Pollard wouldn't have improved our team.

he's on injured reserve... plus, it doesn't help that he's a rookie and playing at a spot with strong competition. not sure how you could call him a bust yet.

Not to call him a bust but, anytime you get a season ending injury your first year, that's not good. Not only is he missing some development, but we are going to build up our secondary in the off season and it's going to be alot of competition. So I worry he want see as many snaps with the first team which is going to lead to him being a back up and eventually getting cut. Then you guys will be calling him a bust.