Ga Tech's Paul Johnson "the best play caller in the business'

Andre5000

Good write up, never even noticed the 2nd half punt stats

And since this is positive light on GT, it will be ignored by many. I love the gameday threads with GT where posters ONLY point out the negative on GT and the positives of the team they are facing. Always makes me laugh inside.

GT guys how many fewer turnovers do you guys have this year compared to last year? I know everytime I watched you guys last year that seemed to be the major obstical you guys had. The ball always seemed to be on the ground. This year I haven't seen near as many when I watch.

GT guys how many fewer turnovers do you guys have this year compared to last year? I know everytime I watched you guys last year that seemed to be the major obstical you guys had. The ball always seemed to be on the ground. This year I haven't seen near as many when I watch.

last year tech had (in 13 games) 20 fumbles lost and 7 ints for a plus 2. They also caused 29 turnovers. This year in 9 games they have 10 fumbles lost and 3 ints. They also have caused 20 turnovers for a plus 7.

That's the most amazing thing of all. GT runs a succesful triple option attack with a quarterback that can't consistenly execute a simple pitch. If he ever gets that pitch down, geez, I don't know how anybody will stop Tech.

they are much better at not turning the ball over this year and a lot of that is a result of Nesbitt's play this season. he'll still make a few errors late in games on the pitch when he's tired or on the quarterback / b-back mesh exchange that is a usually a result of the two players making different reads.

Nesbitt actually admitted recently that last year he would watch a lot of film and tend to be tense on the field, overthinking every situation. that probably resulted in a lot of the turnovers last year (not to mention it being every players first year in the system). this year he said he watches less film and instead just reacts to what the defense is doing and as a result is much more relaxed, which probably leads to the better decision making.

Nesbitt as whole as been exceptional for Tech this year.