For those drinking the hater-ade

Falco4

At the beginning of the season, if somebody offered you a falcons record of 4-3 through 8 weeks (considering 4 away games and 6 games vs quality defenses) would you take it? I would take that record in a heartbeat. I mean, that's a pretty **** good W-L record considering the difficulty of the schedule:

vs Miami (Playoff Team)

vs Carolina (Playoff Team)

@ New England (Should have been a playoff team)

@ SF (tenacious defense)

vs Chicago (good defense, addition of Cutler)

@ Dallas (this game was their season)

@ New Orleans (best offense in the league)

So, to those of you who are hatin' on our performance, let's take a step back and calm down. Honestly, before this season started, I counted the NE, DAL, and NO games as losses anyways, so we're pretty much meeting expectations at this point. Those of you who expect a better record through 8 weeks, you're a greedy *******. Wow, we lost on the road against quality teams. Yeah, refs made some bad calls, but you expect those when you are on the road. Let's not throw the entire season just because we're too greedy with our expectations. Not to mention, I believe we will do significantly better in the second half of our schedule.

I don't know who originally posted comment on the boards, but we're going to have to win the games that we're expecting to win, and play hard against those we're expecting to lose and hope to steal a couple of victories. We shouldn't expect to blow teams out of the water just because we have a potent offense; we're in the NFL, the highest level of play in the world, everyone is going to be somewhat good. I believe the team will make the necessary adjustments going forward. Let's put a little faith in our management; it's the same management that brought us to the playoffs last year.

So, essentially, stop stressing, and put down the **** haterade.

I've tried to get that point across as well...

Who seriously had us sweeping the Saints when they made out their personal win/loss predictions at seasons start?

I had them down as a split.

We held our own with the best the NFL has to offer and things will be different when they come to our house.

Critique on how we need to get better is fine. Doom and gloom is such an over reaction at this time.

I've tried to get that point across as well...

Who seriously had us sweeping the Saints when they made out their personal win/loss predictions at seasons start?

I had them down as a split.

We held our own with the best the NFL has to offer and things will be different when they come to our house.

Critique on how we need to get better is fine. Doom and gloom is such an over reaction at this time.

amen. the mere fact that we held our own in our losses proves that we have the capability to make adjustments and win the big games.

Prior to the season. I had us losing to NE and the Saints at home. I didn't expect the Cowboys loss, but they were hot at the time and had the bye week while we were in their house. I feel we didn't really show up that game like we should have. Regardless, I think we can beat the Giants right now the way they are playing. I don't know what some people have been expecting out of us this year, you'd think we were favored to go undefeated.

This is how I had it at the beginning of the season so I'm not too worried.

11-5

vs Miami W

vs Carolina W

@ New England L

@ San Francisco W

vs Chicago W

@ Dallas W

@ New Orleans L

vs Washington W

@ Carolina L

@ New York Giants L

vs Tampa Bay W

vs Philadelphia L

vs New Orleans W

@ New York Jets W

vs Bufalo W

@ Tampa Bay W

I think the last 4 games of our schedule sets up very nicely if we are right in the thick of things.

To be honest, I think we can steal 2 victores from Philly and the Giants. I'm a giants fan, and i think the falcons match up well against them (I'll break-down the matchups when it gets closer to gametime).

Nice post to put things in perspective. Back when everyone was complaining about strength of schedule in the offseason, I believe most people considered these games a potential loss. I am not speaking with a high probability but I believe it is quite possible to win the next 9 games. Even if the Falcons dropped 3 games that is still 10-6, which very likely gets them to football in January.