How to enjoy TATF

Finally

I love it here. I think this may be the best sports forums in existence. I love it so much I have post whored my way into have over 6k posts in under a year.

You, too, can enjoy the TATF experience if you purchase my instructual video titled "TATF: Talk about the FUN" for only 7 payments of $19.99. People that purchase in the next hour will receive a free can of Ronco Spray-on hair. Act now.

Here are some highlights:

TATF: Talk around the fools. There is a great core of people here talk to them not to the fools.

TATF: Tell a troll "f...off." Don't talk football to a troll... that will only annoy you. Have fun at their expense. Deliver a zinger make some people laugh and then leave their thread.

TATF: Taradiddles aren't the focus. Ignore about 90 percent of the threads that would bother you. If you see some crappy thread title just don't click on it. You aren't required to read every thread you know. If you do open it deliver a zinger and leave. A taradiddle is essentially stupid nonsense presented in a pretentious way.

TATF: Talk about the Falcons. Your silence makes things worse. Start threads and bump others that you agree with.

Take a tip from Finally. This place can be loads of fun if you follow my simple guide for how to enjoy yourself. Ignore the crap and focus on the positives.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it here. I think this may be the best sports forums in existence. I love it so much I have post whored my way into have over 6k posts in under a year.

You, too, can enjoy the TATF experience if you purchase my instructual video titled "TATF: Talk about the FUN" for only 7 payments of $19.99. People that purchase in the next hour will receive a free can of Ronco Spray-on hair. Act now.

TATF: Talk around the fools. There is a great core of people here talk to them not to the fools.

TATF: Tell a troll "f...off." Don't talk football to a troll... that will only annoy you. Have fun at their expense. Deliver a zinger make some people laugh and then leave their thread.

TATF: Taradiddles aren't the focus. Ignore about 90 percent of the threads that would bother you. If you see some crappy thread title just don't click on it. You aren't required to read every thread you know. If you do open it deliver a zinger and leave. A taradiddle is essentially stupid nonsense presented in a pretentious way.

TATF: Talk about the Falcons. Your silence makes things worse. Start threads and bump others that you agree with.

Take a tip from Finally. This place can be loads of fun if you follow my simple guide for how to enjoy yourself. Ignore the crap and focus on the positives.

cant you post this somewhere else besides TATF

this post takes up space on the front page.... we got the Redskins coming up this sunday and we just placed our Long Snapper on the IR........ our LONG SNAPPER!!!!

and you're talking about instructional DVD's????

Should be pinned.

Excellent, and remember - if you reply to a thread, it goes right to the top of the forum. No replies and it slips out of sight.

BTW, mathiswhite is a prime example of the newbie who registers and immediately starts stirring crap. Three posts and he is already lowering the standards.

Excellent, and remember - if you reply to a thread, it goes right to the top of the forum. No replies and it slips out of sight.

BTW, mathiswhite is a prime example of the newbie who registers and immediately starts stirring crap. Three posts and he is already lowering the standards.

the standards were already low in this place to begin with,

Oh no a -1, whats going to happen to me now, ouch my online reputation is hurt,

Does this guide come with a warranty?

Great post. My problems here go more into overall fan base reaction. Lazy media types (i.e. Bradley) read these boards and think that they are getting the "pulse" of the fan base. That is so far from the truth that it is laughable. The vast majority of season ticket holders that show up every week hve no idea that this message baord even exists. The hundreds of thousands of fans that watch our games every week don't know about this place. This place attracts a tiny percentage of fans, and it seems to attract a large % of uninformed, unknowledgable, and negative folks.

It really is this easy I have been on this board for 7 years. I work from home and have the page open almost everyday. I have seen the board quality really go down lots of turmoil the last 3 years. Even when things were good last year the trolls kept rolling. I dreaded logging on Tuesday but was actually surprised but that only lasted a day as by the end of Tue. the same old crap was rolling. I rarely find a thread worthy of commenting on because I dont want every player cut by another team, dont want to fire the coach or bench the team. There is very little football talk anymore. We used to have great minds breaking down tape. We had spirited fans proudly touting there players, we had old members that would fight off and humble the trolls. But everyday I think the trolls are winning and the good posters are leaving because its just not fun. So like it was mentioned just dont reply or bump the sorry threads look for a good thread look for a reason to cheer your team instead of jeering the team. If you see a team concern present it as such dont degrade yourself and what others think of you by bashing someone or something without thinking it out and giving a reasonable reason besides he dropped the ball or threw an interception he should be benched.

This place attracts a tiny percentage of fans, and it seems to attract a large % of uninformed, unknowledgable, and negative folks.

Dead on point. Start a positive topic with intelligent comments and it gets four replies. Start a negative topic with inflammatory remarks and it gets 10 pages of replies and never leaves the top of the board.

Dead on point. Start a positive topic with intelligent comments and it gets four replies. Start a negative topic with inflammatory remarks and it gets 10 pages of replies and never leaves the top of the board.

This is true. I always go surfing back a few pages to find any decent threads worth reading. Usually the stuff on the first page is BS stuff anyway.

However, everyone keeps bumping it by remarking. If you ignore those threads - they get lost quickly and fade away. It no longer becomes fun for the little kid in his basement and he has to go up for dinner anyway.

This is true. I always go surfing back a few pages to find any decent threads worth reading. Usually the stuff on the first page is BS stuff anyway.

However, everyone keeps bumping it by remarking. If you ignore those threads - they get lost quickly and fade away. It no longer becomes fun for the little kid in his basement and he has to go up for dinner anyway.

Bingo. There are usually some great threads three to 10 pages back (depends on how many Saints trolls have infested the board.)

Maybe we should spend time finding buried worthy threads and adding a comment. It would improve the quality of the first page by shoving the crap into history. The mods aren't allowed to kill crud topics, but we can resurrect the good ones.