Serioulsy, I'm ASHAMED of a lot of what gets posted here

Rev_Hal

Man, we really need a win this week. Not so much for the team, but for old Rev. I really can't stand this place after a loss - even one where we played a great game against great team in their house. This place has always been negative, but the past week had been as bad as this place has ever been (sans the Vick season).

I have 1 question for you people who are trashing the team this week - what the heck is the matter with you??? Why are you even here? This is a young team on the rise. We have more talent now than we have had in a decade. We have young players that are going to be stars for a long time. We are competitive and last time I checked, WE HAD A WINNING RECORD!!!!

But I come here are there are 1000 garbage threads like http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3872898-it-is-now-official-our-falcons-are-not-playoff-bound/. Look at the last 20 years folks and tell me how many 10-6 and 9-7 teams have made the playoffs. Please - someone look it up for me (I'm swamped at work today;)). We are out "out of it" at all. We are not horrible, and this is not the worst season in history.

It's like many of you just WANT this team to lose. You can't stand that we are competitve. It's like you want to be depressed. You won't be happy until the team is 16-0 and go undefeated in the playoffs, and you still probably would not be happy then. You cling to the past losing season and want to project it on to this team right now.

ENOUGH!!!!!!! Stop it! In the spirit of Samuel L. Jackson, "I have had it with these ****** ******* whiners on this ****** ******* board!!". If you do not want to be a part of the paradyme shift going on with this franchise, the LEAVE. If you don't want to be a part of watching this team compete on a yearly basis, the GET OUT OF HERE! This is the greatest time to be a Falcons fan in 43 years. If you can't see that, then take your garbage elsewhere.

It is fine to talk about the negatives of the team and have discussions of what we do wrong and where we should improve. Having discussions that are critical of the Falcons is our right and our obligation. But this board has been taken over by nonsense garbage about how this team, it's star players, and the entire organization are horrible. If you truly believe that, then you don't belong here.

For the group of loyal fans that understand what is happening in this city, this is my call to arms. TAKE BACK OUR MESSAGE BOARD! Talk about the positives and negatives in contructive way. Put the garbage creators in their place! We can never get rid of the people that make diridulous posts, but we can show each other and the football nation that this is an intelligent fan base with loyal and supporting fans.

To the true fans - show your true Falcons colors!!!!!!!!!!!

/soapbox

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thread of the decade..needs to be pinned for life!!!!

Most of the threads that are being made trashing our team are by newbs and opposing team fans. Thats why a proposal needs to be passed on this board that states you have to have a minimum of 100 post to create a thread. That wouldnt completely wipe out the problem but it will slow it down.

Man, we really need a win this week. Not so much for the team, but for old Rev. I really can't stand this place after a loss - even one where we played a great game against great team in their house. This place has always been negative, but the past week had been as bad as this place has ever been (sans the Vick season).

I have 1 question for you people who are trashing the team this week - what the heck is the matter with you??? Why are you even here? This is a young team on the rise. We have more talent now than we have had in a decade. We have young players that are going to be stars for a long time. We are competitive and last time I checked, WE HAD A WINNING RECORD!!!!

But I come here are there are 1000 garbage threads like http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3872898-it-is-now-official-our-falcons-are-not-playoff-bound/. Look at the last 20 years folks and tell me how many 10-6 and 9-7 teams have made the playoffs. Please - someone look it up for me (I'm swamped at work today;)). We are out "out of it" at all. We are not horrible, and this is not the worst season in history.

It's like many of you just WANT this team to lose. You can't stand that we are competitve. It's like you want to be depressed. You won't be happy until the team is 16-0 and go undefeated in the playoffs, and you still probably would not be happy then. You cling to the past losing season and want to project it on to this team right now.

ENOUGH!!!!!!! Stop it! In the spirit of Samuel L. Jackson, "I have had it with these ****** ******* whiners on this ****** ******* board!!". If you do not want to be a part of the paradyme shift going on with this franchise, the LEAVE. If you don't want to be a part of watching this team compete on a yearly basis, the GET OUT OF HERE! This is the greatest time to be a Falcons fan in 43 years. If you can't see that, then take your garbage elsewhere.

It is fine to talk about the negatives of the team and have discussions of what we do wrong and where we should improve. Having discussions that are critical of the Falcons is our right and our obligation. But this board has been taken over by nonsense garbage about how this team, it's star players, and the entire organization are horrible. If you truly believe that, then you don't belong here.

For the group of loyal fans that understand what is happening in this city, this is my call to arms. TAKE BACK OUR MESSAGE BOARD! Talk about the positives and negatives in contructive way. Put the garbage creators in their place! We can never get rid of the people that make diridulous posts, but we can show each other and the football nation that this is an intelligent fan base with loyal and supporting fans.

To the true fans - show your true Falcons colors!!!!!!!!!!!

/soapbox

Couldn't of said it better myself... If u guys wanna bash you're own team, become an Eagles fan!!!

It's real simple and as a mod you should fully realize this.

This message board is setup so ANYONE with any FREE email account can sign up and post here in under 5 mins.

When you have those conditions you are simply asking for a ton of trolling, spam, and non sense like all the negativity we get after a loss.

The noise to good post ratio would be ALOT better if new users had to wait 48 hrs to post and new users had to have 100 posts to create a new thread.

These are pretty simple thing that can be put in place that would seriously reduce the amount of spastic noise we get all the time.

Why can't something like that be done?

That call was made by the Falcons organization. The position of the team is that we welcom all comers, especially those from opposing teams. As long as the COC is not violated, all are welcome.

But the garbage I'm talking about is from long time posters.

completely agree man.. its awesome to be a falcon fan now.. even people i talk football with that are not falcon fans have a different outlook on this team.. do they all say that we are the greatest team ever and are bound for a super bowl? well no.. but they actually take us seriously, which is much more than i could say about years past.. i used to get that condescending grin when i would mention our team..not anymore

now as for the ridiculous negative posts, i must say for some odd reason i find them oddly entertaining.. It makes me wonder who in the world these people are, and what their warped little world must be like. I think the only way to fight these type of issues is to either let the posts fall off of the page or to post the most asinine response possible (my personal favorite :lol: ).. however there can be no logical arguing...its like in gremlins except its completely not like that at all.

This is one of the reasons i dislike that so many people play video games that are supposed "as real as the real game" because people start to think just because they can go a whole videogame season and only lose 1 or 2 games that the pros are suppose to do the same. I remember when if we broke .500 if was a great season..

There was a lot of us who had previous accounts, so if they would quit changing the boards and forcing us to re-register you would see a lot less "noobs" here. As for me, I posted a thread after the game suggesting that major professional sports leagues are all fixed. I love our team, I think we could beat anyone on an "even playing field" but we might have to play in the CFL, EFL, or some other league to get that very thing.

I'm trying Rev. I attempt logic based on concrete facts and perhaps some people filter out the positive posters because I get no response that clearly beyond a shadow of doubt disproves the off the top of the head whiners. They are only interested in venting or if they do respond it is solely based on insults and not factual base for argument at all. I don't start a lot of posts because most of the time 10 other people started the same one. I don't need attention, I just like to talk football.

I know this is more of a tech question but why isn't there a minimum post count before people can start a post? Their 1st amendment rights they so dearly guard but sorely misunderstand wouldn't get trampled on.

.... and when people post the same topic 15 time in a row just to get their point across really screws up the message board for everyone else. there im done.

Should we limit the amount of new threads you can start in a day? I'm not sure the org would go for that, but what would be an acceptable #?

I'm trying Rev. I attempt logic based on concrete facts and perhaps some people filter out the positive posters because I get no response that clearly beyond a shadow of doubt disproves the off the top of the head whiners. They are only interested in venting or if they do respond it is solely based on insults and not factual base for argument at all. I don't start a lot of posts because most of the time 10 other people started the same one. I don't need attention, I just like to talk football.

I know this is more of a tech question but why isn't there a minimum post count before people can start a post? Their 1st amendment rights they so dearly guard but sorely misunderstand wouldn't get trampled on.

I can agree to a point with the minimal post count except that im at 617ish post and i have been here since '02, plus it would encourage people making several hundred substance free post just to get their post count up.

Should we limit the amount of new threads you can start in a day? I'm not sure the org would go for that, but what would be an acceptable #?

Don't go into Nazi mode, reading some of the stupid threads here makes me laugh. Plus, we live in America, don't let the power go to your head.

With such a putrid history the fan base is wary of this franchise. In 98 they were headed in the right direction too but turned out to be the same ole falcons. If someone wants to come on here criticize Ryan for a weak arm or whatever I see nothing wrong with that, anybody that watches the games is entitled to there opinion. I agree that some posts go overboard just part of an open message board.

I can agree to a point with the minimal post count except that im at 617ish post and i have been here since '02, plus it would encourage people making several hundred substance free post just to get their post count up.

If you don't like a thread either ignore or debate the thread starters point. It's not that serious to me. What I see is a lot of people stooping down to the level of "trolls" (which motivates them to keep making threads).. If someone says something you think is dumb just ignore them and they'll eventually go away. No need to go into the thread and start with the name calling because it only empowers them..

But some people can't help themselves..

Honestly, I would say 3-5 would be acceptable. Five would be on the edge of generous. I don't think I have started more than 3 a day myself. Most days I comment on others.

I remember some saying "newbies" should not be able to start threads. I was offended as a newbie, but I am starting to see the reason for it. Maybe a Newbie could do one thread a day.

Or, depending on how many dots you have below your name would be the amount of threads you could start.

Oh, and Bucman should only be able to start one thread a month.

:P

If you don't like a thread either ignore or debate the thread starters point. It's not that serious to me. What I see is a lot of people stooping down to the level of "trolls" (which motivates them to keep making threads).. If someone says something you think is dumb just ignore them and they'll eventually go away. No need to go into the thread and start with the name calling because it only empowers them..

But some people can't help themselves..

Going into this season i have actually quit reading post with rediculous titles because i could think of better things to do that make my brain hurt..

I don't think we should limit the number of threads but if someone starts a thread on a topic that is already posted on the front page, maybe they could get a warning. And if they disregard a certain number of warnings then some action could be taken. It would be more work for the mini-mods, though.

And I am totally in favor of a waiting period between signing up and being able to post or start a thread. This would at least keep banned posters from immediately coming back under a new name. Except I have a feeling that some of the troll posters on here are so obsessed that they would have backup accounts ready for when they got banned.

dry.gif

Ageed Rev. I will post some garbage about how individual players are playing, such as Jenkins drops. I do not however; trash this team saying that we suck, and as a fan of the Atlanta Falcons, you will be hard pressed to hear those words come out of my fingers on this board. I consider myself to be a REAL falcons fan. I live 8 hours north of GA. I have actually been to a game which isn't a lot, but i do follow them every day of the week on this board and the homepage. It amazes me, some of the comments I see on this board from supposed fans. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would love to see some people just refrain from posting their opinion here until it is thought out. And if you do consider yourself a fan, but have nothing but negative things to say about the franchise (you know who you are), go watch Hockey or soccer. Trolls are a dime a dozen. You see them for a week or two and are gone after, except for bucman, we just can't seem to get rid of him ;) (jk) ... In the end i guess message boards are for debate so if you want to come on here and say your favorite team is terrible thats fine, just don't be pissed when someone calls you out on being a bandwagon fan, or just a plain hater.