Redskins are the tonic...

falconfanjason

Their defense is stout and well rested. Their offense is a joke, but they've had 2 weeks to try some new things from the bingo caller that we will have no tape on.

If we get out to fast start things will be fine. If Turner loses his mojo that he had in New Orleans and we let them hang around this could be the proverbial trap game that everyone fears.

IMO, we did not play that well, winning doesn't mean everything's great any more than losing means everything's wrong. Their drives after halftime seemed to indicate they made solid adjustments while we just stood pat and assumed they'd do the same thing? We were also fortunate Cooley was out considering how much our D has struggled to cover big TEs like Shockey, Olsen, etc.

And Ryan's looking more like a rookie at times than he did last year... some WILDLY inaccurate passes.

We had better step it up for Carolina next week.

I have to temper my initial reaction.

First thought was we let a bad team hang around and I wasn't too happy.

After I calmed down, overall I have to come away happy with the performance. I was not excited about their 2 TD drives after the half but they are making improvements and it's shown in their last 2 games at times. They just don't have the talent upfront.

Matt didn't look great (I was at a sports bar but the INT looked awful) but I think this stretch will be good for him in the long run. He does seem to be pressing a little though.

Loving the way the running game has responded!

I'm still worried about Houston and our secondary in coverage, but I do see improvement from the Dallas game to now.

I was at a sports bar in DC all day and I gotta say the day kind of broke how we needed it to in the NFC. On one hand, the Saints keep their 3 game lead on us, and while I'm not ready to concede the division to them...Carolina, GB, NY, Philly, Chicago, and SF losing bodes well for us. As much as I hate the Cowboys we'd actually want them to win the division, and look to beat Philly and NY and hold any tiebreakers over them. We beat Chicago, but both they and GB look to be more pretenders than anything right now and the WC is not coming out of the West.

Couldn't watch the game... glad to see a big win though.

What happened with Landry, Hall and Coach Smith on the sideline? Smith is a fiery guy... I love it. Seeing him get in Hall's face made me smile... even though I don't really have any problem with Hall. It's just awesome to have a coach that's so actively engaged in our team and every single second of every game.

Couldn't watch the game... glad to see a big win though.

What happened with Landry, Hall and Coach Smith on the sideline? Smith is a fiery guy... I love it. Seeing him get in Hall's face made me smile... even though I don't really have any problem with Hall. It's just awesome to have a coach that's so actively engaged in our team and every single second of every game.

Deangelo being Deangelo if you ask me. I just watched ESPNews and he talks about how he was trying to break it up and guys started jumping on him (Our S&C coach and Smitty) but he's always been full of sh*t and I think he is here too. From what I could see it looked Landry was well out of the mix from our sidelines but somehow D. Hall was still in the middle of things. Why? B/c he wanted to be.

He's a hothead...he always has been.

Glad we got a win, but the game was uncomfortable and the crowd could sense it through all four quarters.

Matt looked off-target and dazed at times (the INT he threw looked pretty bad from my seat at the GA Dome) the defense allowed two long drives in the second half, and our secondary was barely adequate against a fairly weak QB.

But...Turner looked good again and he shook off a feeble tackle attempt by DHall as if Hall was a rag doll laugh.gif (thanks Michael), Tye Hill had a nice pick-6, Babs was a real defensive force.

DHall was being a DBag....As usual. IMHO, he's an over-rated drama queen with more mouth than game.

Smitty would kick his sorry azz in a real fight, IMHO.

Gotta love Smitty's passion and willingness to defend our guys and our sideline.