The Sherman Lewis Factor

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but I wanted to point out this factor everyone is overlooking here. I'm not too informed about Sherman Lewis and his success in the NFL as a coordinator but his impact can't be dismissed. If anyone got a chance to watch the redskins game prior to their bye week against the eagles, I was taken aback by how well this guy was calling plays. Take in this fact; this man only had a week to install what he wanted to do with the offense. It is safe to say the the offense we are facing is going to be a new one. I don't know how prepared we will be being that they will be showing our defense new looks and plays that isn't on film about this guy. I am more worried than a lot of ppl are on here considering he had the whole bye week to add more.

This game will most likely be closer than what many expect. Campbell actually caught some kind of rhythm but made costly mistakes. The point is he progressed. Coming off the bye week, will Campbell be able to build on it? It's not like he doesn't have talent around him. I know I'm not the only one rubbing my chin about the addition of this guy.

He isn't installing a new offense. He's just calling the plays. Besides, it is their OL that has doomed that offense. They can not pass protect and they can not run block. Now that Cooley is gone they are even worse off.

Yes the bye week means they should be well rested and prepared. Yes our short week means we won't be as rested or prepared as we could be. But playcalling is not the issue there and if anything Lewis may hurt their chances because he doesn't know the offense or the players as well as Zorn. I think if we get in trouble this game it would be a physical thing. That's why a lead early would really help us out.

He isn't installing a new offense. He's just calling the plays. Besides, it is their OL that has doomed that offense. They can not pass protect and they can not run block. Now that Cooley is gone they are even worse off.

Yes the bye week means they should be well rested and prepared. Yes our short week means we won't be as rested or prepared as we could be. But playcalling is not the issue there and if anything Lewis may hurt their chances because he doesn't know the offense or the players as well as Zorn. I think if we get in trouble this game it would be a physical thing. That's why a lead early would really help us out.

If he is just calling plays and not really adding anything new, then that means Zorn is a horrible play caller. I caught a few redskins games at Buffalo Wild Wings and I'm telling you they haven't shown flashes that resembled anything you could call an offense till the eagles game. Yes Campbell made some critical turnovers but they had a chance to turn that game around. Let us not get blinded by their record. This guy moved the offense better in one week than zorn has done all season.

I live in Northern VA and am very familiar with the Redskins and their potential to strike quick and deep with Moss. I see a lot of talk like this team is an automatic win. I can guarantee Mike Smith isn't taking them lightly.

I live in Alexandria, a stones throw to the District, and we better take them seriously or I am not going to work Monday morning if we sh## the bed against the Skins. I can't stand all these **** Skins fans.

C'mon I know some poster out there is thinking the same thing. This won't be an easy game. I hope Campbell doesn't have his breakout game against us

Considering the guy was on the couch retired for over 3 years, and 4 weeks ago he was calling Bingo numbers at his bingo game. I'm real worried. :P And who have they lost Cooley is out for the year he was their best receiver. No game is a cakewalk, but their not in good shape, go to their message board their not happy campers. ;)

If he is just calling plays and not really adding anything new, then that means Zorn is a horrible play caller. I caught a few redskins games at Buffalo Wild Wings and I'm telling you they haven't shown flashes that resembled anything you could call an offense till the eagles game. Yes Campbell made some critical turnovers but they had a chance to turn that game around. Let us not get blinded by their record. This guy moved the offense better in one week than zorn has done all season.

you can't really say that lewis is a good play caller off of a few good drives in one game. you have to see consistent offense before you can make that call. heck a kid pressing the "Ask Madden" button can probably stumble on some plays that work.

I disagree. This game has Atlanta / San Francisco written all over it. You don't get many freebies in the NFL. This year we've got this one, Tampa twice, and Buffalo imo.

:lol: Ihope so my good friend........I hope so. I just want us to get back to our winning ways plus this game has major fantasy implications. :P I sat Turner on Monday and it ended up costing me. If your crystal ball indicates this will be a replication of the SF game, then thats all I need to know. Thank you wise sage

you can't really say that lewis is a good play caller off of a few good drives in one game. you have to see consistent offense before you can make that call. heck a kid pressing the "Ask Madden" button can probably stumble on some plays that work.

LOL great point. Do u think I should start the falcons defense or the saints?

I live in Alexandria, a stones throw to the District, and we better take them seriously or I am not going to work Monday morning if we sh## the bed against the Skins. I can't stand all these **** Skins fans.

I already have a Dallas fan that works with me and had to listen to his crap for a week. If the Redskins were to win, I'd never hear the end of it.

I disagree. This game has Atlanta / San Francisco written all over it. You don't get many freebies in the NFL. This year we've got this one, Tampa twice, and Buffalo imo.

Well if the Falcons hang 45 points on this defense, it will be a helluva accomplishment. They havne't given up even 30 points in a game since the start of 2008, and that includes games against a lot of good offenses - 3 games against the Giants, 3 games against the Eagles, 2 games against the Cowboys, a game against the Saints, a game against the Steelers.

I'm not seeing a blow out in this one, but I think the Falcons will win.

It doesn't matter how they're calling plays, the problem with the Redskins is that the player's aren't executing. That can be said for any underachieving teams in the NFL. 80% of the time that's why one team wins and the other loses. The difference comes down to coaching.

Atlanta lost the game against New England because the defense couldn't stop New England,s mediocre running attack to save it's life. Lack of execution. Falcons worked on it during the bye week. The following week they completely shut down Dallas' potent running attack. That's good coaching.

Well if the Falcons hang 45 points on this defense, it will be a helluva accomplishment. They havne't given up even 30 points in a game since the start of 2008, and that includes games against a lot of good offenses - 3 games against the Giants, 3 games against the Eagles, 2 games against the Cowboys, a game against the Saints, a game against the Steelers.

I'm not seeing a blow out in this one, but I think the Falcons will win.

Id maybe temper your expectations with the fact the Redskins O is so bad the opponents do not feel the need to put up points or move the ball as effectively as they might need to. How many times do we see teams with decent defenses suddenly become overrated because of their offense being so bad?

I have watched quite a bit of Redskins football, and their offense looks bad. Is it true they have 3 coaches handling the offense? sounds like too many chiefs not enough indians to me. The 2 games i watched was after Synder took the reins away from Zorn. Their O line looked confused to say the least