MATT RYAN WILL BE THE GREATEST QB THIS TEAM HAS EVER SEEN

ICEICEMATTY

He may indeed be the best QB we've ever had but that not saying much. we have had historically bad QB's and I think this is the biggest reason we have never had back to back winning seasons. I not only want him to be the best QB in our history but I want him to become our first Hall of Famer as well as a 3 time SB MVP

Cmon man! we all know chris miller is gonna be hard to top :lol:

and Jeff George I mean now that guy had arm strength :unsure:

Oh and do not forget that paragon of greatness Doug(Oh crap i have to go in)Johnson :o

No really...seriously I thought Bart was pretty good, but the team was kinda....uhhh...well we were'nt that good. Chandler was okay we just couldn't afford to keep enough tape and gauze around to keep him in the game. We had another(Voldemort?) guy that had great skill but his preparation was pretty darn minimal...

Ryan is already the best QB we have had if you factor in the intangibles and the IT factor and work ethic and toughness...really the list goes on...

Great Post!

JUST WATCH HE'S ONLY HAD ABOUT 5 OR 6 BAD GAMES HIS WHOLE CAREER LEAVE HIM ALONE HATERS GO ROOT FOR THE AINTS OR SOMETHING JUST DONT COME BACK WHEN THEY FALL OFF AND WE WIN THE NFC SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Thats B.S Vick is 10 times better in my opinion and atleast he can win games that count and win playoff games. We have yet to see that from Ryan. How many ints has Ryan thrown so far this season ? and he has more weapons an pro bowlers than Vick had to help him. Hahahaha has he even sold the dome out this season? Ryan is overhyped I support the Falcons but not just one player, bout time all this acting like Ryan is God stops.

Thats B.S Vick is 10 times better in my opinion and atleast he can win games that count and win playoff games. We have yet to see that from Ryan. How many ints has Ryan thrown so far this season ? and he has more weapons an pro bowlers than Vick had to help him. Hahahaha has he even sold the dome out this season? Ryan is overhyped I support the Falcons but not just one player, bout time all this acting like Ryan is God stops.

Umm no.

Vick can't hold ryan's jockstrap as a passer, his completion percentage was atrocious, and his intangibles weren't even there, but he was one heck of a playmaker. I will say though, he was the best QB we ever had, Ryan will surpass him though.

He's gonna be better than manning in due time, but the best falcons Qb ever is vick IMO.

He sure as **** was. Ryan blows, and IMO very overrated. We are th only team with 3 pro bowlers on offense an yet ryan still blows, and he has waay more weapons than Vick! He has Gonzales , Turner, and Matured Roddy White.

Edited by atlmycity

Umm no.

Vick can't hold ryan's jockstrap as a passer, his completion percentage was atrocious, and his intangibles weren't even there, but he was one heck of a playmaker. I will say though, he was the best QB we ever had, Ryan will surpass him though.

Hmmm were you a Falcon fan when Dez White, Roddy White and Michael jenkins were dropping passes including td passes when Vick was here? WERE YOU? Please explain how you didnt see those atrotious drops? Well if the only recievers that can catch on your team are Algae Crumpler THE TIGHT END OR Brian Finneran, your completion percentage wouldnt be high either. This season Ryan has 3 pro bowlers on offense that is more weapons than vick has. Did you realize the Falcons are the only team in the NFL with 3 pro bowlers?

Edited by atlmycity

Ryan has pro bowlers because he helped create them.

Vick 10 times better than ryan? Vick was an idiot and still is. Vick could not hold Ryan's jock in terms of being a "QB" Vick threw a bigger percentage of INT's than Ryan has at this point and that is sad concidering Vick threw about once for every 5 times he ran the ball. LMAO

So Vick could win games that counted huh? Hmmm.. did he win the NFC championship game? A super bowl maybe? oh no. that's right he did not.. His feet only got him so far. wait, what am I thinking. He has two weapons. His feet,his arms and his brain. LOL what an idiot. Yeah he is gonna go down in the record books as a great QB all right. HAHAHAHA

The dome has been sold out plenty of times since the start of last season. Sounds to me like when vick was acting like a QB here you were supporting one player?

DOH!

Ryan has pro bowlers because he helped create them.

Vick 10 times better than ryan? Vick was an idiot and still is. Vick could not hold Ryan's jock in terms of being a "QB" Vick threw a bigger percentage of INT's than Ryan has at this point and that is sad concidering Vick threw about once for every 5 times he ran the ball. LMAO

So Vick could win games that counted huh? Hmmm.. did he win the NFC championship game? A super bowl maybe? oh no. that's right he did not.. His feet only got him so far. wait, what am I thinking. He has two weapons. His feet,his arms and his brain. LOL what an idiot. Yeah he is gonna go down in the record books as a great QB all right. HAHAHAHA

The dome has been sold out plenty of times since the start of last season. Sounds to me like when vick was acting like a QB here you were supporting one player?

DOH!

I actually agree with a few thngs you said, he was an idiot for killin those dogs an being the highest paid player in the NFl , i supported the team including Keith Brookin an Abraham an Dunn also even though he never could get in the end zone.LOL

I actually agree with a few thngs you said, he was an idiot for killin those dogs an being the highest paid player in the NFl , i supported the team including Keith Brookin an Abraham an Dunn also even though he never could get in the end zone.LOL

I liked Dunn as a human being but man did he suck at times as a rusher. LOL

3rd and 1. give it to dunn for a 1 yard loss.. LOL

go stand in front of a shower curtain flyfalconfan.

Umm no.

Matt Ryan has not played well since the last 5 game of last year, a terrible playoff game and has not played well this year, he has been under throwing and over throwing receivers all year.. Matt Ryan will be just average QB in this league, put a great team around him and we may win the big one, but he is just average, just like he was at BC, plain and simple!

I can't believe this became a Vick vs Ryan thread. Ryan is a better passer, leader, and winner. Plus he is our QB now and of the future.

Vick's first two years since being named the starter:

19 starts, 11 wins 57.8%

Ryan, still not halfway thru year 2 as the starter:

23 starts, 15 wins 65.2%

Listen, I was a huge Vick fan when he was here, because he was my quarterback. I defended him as a player and a person right up to the point where he admitted his guilt. He is no longer the QB of the Falcons, so I am no longer a fan of his. The uniform is bigger than any one player. I just get the feeling that so many Ryan detractors are so because they were and still are Vick fans who want Ryan to fail because he was the replacement so they try to find any excuse. The guy is still a kid and plays better than over 2/3 of the QB's in the league. From the looks of things so far he is going to be special.

Edited by gatorsurf

I can't believe this became a Vick vs Ryan thread.

I can't say I'm suprised. There are people that just can't help but to start comparing. It's time to stop living in the past and move on. Vick was a great athlete and won us some games, but he threw his career in the toilet. I'm well over that. Matt Ryan is here now, and he is working is *** off to win a championship for this city. There is no need for comparison.

Matt Ryan has not played well since the last 5 game of last year, a terrible playoff game and has not played well this year, he has been under throwing and over throwing receivers all year.. Matt Ryan will be just average QB in this league, put a great team around him and we may win the big one, but he is just average, just like he was at BC, plain and simple!

Agreed. :lol::lol: