DeAngelo Hall likes Falcons, but is no Petrino fan

atljbo

Still better than any corner on our team. You can throw Williams and Foxworth in that mix too. Best Falcon corner since Big Play in the late 90s.

And how much would we have had to pay for Deangelo, vs. what we are paying for Grimes? Deangelo left us partly because of Petrino, but mostly for 54 million other reasons.

True, Deangelo would come up with big plays, but he did that by gambling. I can remember plenty of times where he gambled incorrectly, sending a big play the other way.

True, Deangelo would come up with big plays, but he did that by gambling. I can remember plenty of times where he gambled incorrectly, sending a big play the other way.

I cant lie... some of that was because of the safety play...You want your CB to take chances but you will need good safeties back there... We actually have good safeties now.

If D-Hall was low key and if we could get him for a good price (foxworth type contract) ... I would be cool with him in a falcon uni..... I just don't trust D-Hall arrogance. Its not what TD want here.

I cant lie... some of that was because of the safety play...You want your CB to take chances but you will need good safeties back there... We actually have good safeties now.

If D-Hall was low key and if we could get him for a good price (foxworth type contract) ... I would be cool with him in a falcon uni..... I just don't trust D-Hall arrogance. Its not what TD want here.

Good point about the safeties. Milloy was solid, but he couldn't provide much help over the top.

And yeah, if we could have had him for cheap, it would have been a great deal. Deangelo is a good zone corner, good punt returner, playmaker. Man coverage, that's where the gambling comes into play. I think if you put him on the Patriots (or any other similar scheme), he'd be a Pro Bowler for the next 5 years. But, at the cost he wanted, we had to let him and the baggage go.

Btw, does anyone remember this play? Jimmy Williams makes a pick to seal the game, with us up late in the 4th. Deangelo tries to rip the ball out of his hands to take it the other way. Jimmy just downs the ball.

I want to say it was against the 9ers?

MeAngelo the most overrated CB of all time!! :rolleyes:

You're looking at him through hate-colored glasses. If you analyze his production objectively, he was pretty good. Just not at the rate he wanted.

He had more than his share of standout games while he wore our colors. The Seattle game where he sonned Jerry Rice, covering TO on MNF. Had some bad ones too - 67 yards in penalties anyone?

He had more than his share of standout games while he wore our colors. The Seattle game where he sonned Jerry Rice, covering TO on MNF. Had some bad ones too - 67 yards in penalties anyone?

What are you talking about? Jerry Rice was 42 years old and not even a starter. Seattle won that game by the way. And TO was 7 for 112 in that MNF game.

How about the time Hines Ward burned him with only one shoe?

or how Steve Smith made his career by beating Hall twice a year for four years.

Overrated in a bigggg way

You're looking at him through hate-colored glasses. If you analyze his production objectively, he was pretty good. Just not at the rate he wanted.

:o:o Jerry Rice was about a 100 yrs old in that game..TO had a very good game against Hall just like most Wr have.. Go look at the stats. I dont hate the guy. I just dont think he is that good. Hall is much better at running his mouth than actully playing the real game.If you talking about talking the best then Hall is the best talking CB and one that can con you in to thinking that he is a good player..Hall has talent but he has wasted it.

“It helps you, but at the same time, the team’s got to show up,” Hall said. “It ain’t just me vs. the team. I went in with a lot of knowledge of these guys in Oakland, and the team didn’t come with me to play the game, so we still lost.”

If I recall correctly, Hall was beaten badly for 2 TD's by Michael Jenkins in that game, the only 2 that Ryan threw in that game. Maybe one day Hall will stop blaming everyone else for his performances.