Not Concerned about Ryan's 3 Picks against NO

bighurt

1st Pick which resulted in a touchdown, was a clear PI not called. If you watch the recap, if Roddy was not hit, then Roddy most likely catches this ball or at least it's incomplete.

2nd Pick, was a good play by Vilma, Ryan made the correct choice, and threw the ball on time, but Vilma was in the right place and made a good play.

3rd Pick, was a Hail Mary attempt, How many of these you see get picked off.

I don't think any of his 3 picks in this game were a result of a bad decision or accuracy. He did have one pick dropped by the Saints which was a bad decision and bad accuracy, when he tried to force the ball to Gonzo.

Link to Recap Video on NFL.com

Falcons Saints Recap

Edited by bighurt

yeah, just discard the ints like they don't matter.

the pick 6 wasn't PI, Vilma got there as the ball did.

the safety simply watched ryan stare down white and beat him to the spot, it's very easy for some on here to say it was PI to pass off how poor a throw it was into coverage.

the hail mary you can discard but even the second one, in crunch time, should have not been thrown. if ryan could at least go through more than 1 option he would find guys wide open

the reason we all should worry about ryan is because he fails to look off defenders and stares his WR's down, it is a major cause for concern

the safety simply watched ryan stare down white and beat him to the spot, it's very easy for some on here to say it was PI to pass off how poor a throw it was into coverage.

the hail mary you can discard but even the second one, in crunch time, should have not been thrown. if ryan could at least go through more than 1 option he would find guys wide open

the reason we all should worry about ryan is because he fails to look off defenders and stares his WR's down, it is a major cause for concern

On the 2nd Im pretty sure that was to Gonzo. And the Ball was tipped my Vilma.

On the 2nd Im pretty sure that was to Gonzo. And the Ball was tipped my Vilma.

i was referring to the pick 6

and one that one you saw Vilma haul butt to a spot because ryan was staring down white

same as the 3nd one to gonzo, he just stared down TG to where vilma could get there

Actually if you look at the play on the link, Ryan looked that the tight end then quickly switched to Roddy, so he did not stare down Roddy. Also they did a freeze and Vilma was pushing Roddy while the ball was 5 yards away, PI all day. 1 Vilma was not looking at the ball, two he was in contact with the receiver will the ball was in the air. I am not making excuses but just pointing out that Ryan bad plays were not as bad as they seemed when you first look at them. As far as Vilma being in position to tip the ball, looks like he was covering one of the RBs after the fake, but he got a deep drop which is what he should have done. Seems like the Saints expected a pass on 2nd down, were pass happy on 2nd down all night.

There was a link posted many times yesterday by many different people (including me) which, if you click on it, will take you to a video of NFL network talking about how it was clearly PI. I can't believe this is still being debated. Vilma layed Roddy White out long before the ball got there.

Edited by LSFalcon95

The pick 6 is clearly pass interference. I went on youtube and watched it 5 times. Roddy White was curling in when Vilma knocked down before he was able to finish his route. From the angle Roddy was going down he probably would have stepped in from of Greer to make the catch. Watch from 2.24 (slow motion replay). If you watched the game they showed another angle where Vilma ran back towards Roddy and knock him down while the ball was in the air. Even the announcer said that was beyond the 5 yard line but not called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPIEmcz3rM8

There was a link posted many times yesterday by many different people (including me) which, if you click on it, will take you to a video of NFL network talking about how it was clearly PI. I can't believe this is still being debated. Vilma layed Roddy White out long before the ball got there.

Don't get angry ... PHATRYAN is trolling around ...

I suppose you would be calm in the pocket when you have four 260+ D-linemen heading your way. You MUST be a tough guy.

no, I would be just as nervous in the pocket but that isn't the point.

many of the homers on here want to pass off yet another poor decision by our QB as PI thus making them feel better about said QB's performance.

It wasn't PI, not even close, it was another poor decision by ryan

many of the homers on here want to pass off yet another poor decision by our QB as PI thus making them feel better about said QB's performance.

I guess everyone on NFL network are "Falcons homers" as well, because they said it was clearly pass interference.

Edited by LSFalcon95

I'm not one to make excuses, but I can't let this one slide. I highly disagree with you. If you are a Matt Ryan hate so be it; but if you watch the play I can't see how you deny it is interference. I think you are letting your overall negative outlook on Matt blind you from seeing the truth in the play itself.

you are very, very clearly a homer

the cb caught the ball as white was getting hit, not PI

horrible throw by a scared Matt Ryan

Vilma hit him right before the ball got there. Watching it live it can be hard to tell so I can understand the no call on such a big play. Either way it was going to be picked off anyway. Greer was too far inside for White to get in front of the ball.

Refs didn't make a lot of calls that night. That's usually the way people want it, but there were some calls they should have made on both sides that gave both teams some big plays.

Edited by bradael

Yeah I agree completely. I don't think these picks were of anything to worry about. I mean, look at Kurt Warner's stats, he has like 13 touchdowns and 13 interceptions, and he's still one of the best in the league. What I'm saying is stats don't matter, so people need to stop acting like he's in a sophomore slump just because of his stats. He hasn't been as accurate this season I'll admit but he's still great. There's no one in the entire league that I would rather have at QB for us.

Here is the link to Playbook Playbook

It was very, very clearly pass interference and was missed. Same thing happened against Dallas. I wonder where the refs are during these plays?

This is interesting. What is up with the refs this year?

Are they lazy and relying on review too much?

What good is having McKay around if he can't investigate this stuff on the competition committee?

Look at four plays one against us and three for us.

1. At NE there was that ridiculous fumble with Ryan where NE picked it up ran it all the way back and were given a TD until we challenged. It was obviously not a fumble but we were forced to challenge and it was overturned.

2. At Dallas when Booker was clearly down the ball came out. It sounded like the play was whistled dead but someone from Dallas scooped up the ball and took it back for a TD. We had to challenge and it was overturned.

3. Roddy makes that great non-catch right in front of the Ref for a TD against NO and it was called a TD. The ref had a better angle on the drop than the camera but still called it a TD. Challenged by NO and overturned.

4. Ryan's arm gets knocked going forward the ball goes forward almost 15 yards and they call it a fumble. So we have to challenge to overturn that.

These were all pretty obvious and there was always a Ref in place to see the play. I don't believe there is a conspiracy against the Falcons. I think there is a conspiracy to extend games and sell more ads to make more revenue for the NFL and networks. Its amazing how every time there is a review it is always timed out for a perfect commercial break.

This is interesting. What is up with the refs this year?

Are they lazy and relying on review too much?

What good is having McKay around if he can't investigate this stuff on the competition committee?

Look at four plays one against us and three for us.

1. At NE there was that ridiculous fumble with Ryan where NE picked it up ran it all the way back and were given a TD until we challenged. It was obviously not a fumble but we were forced to challenge and it was overturned.

2. At Dallas when Booker was clearly down the ball came out. It sounded like the play was whistled dead but someone from Dallas scooped up the ball and took it back for a TD. We had to challenge and it was overturned.

3. Roddy makes that great non-catch right in front of the Ref for a TD against NO and it was called a TD. The ref had a better angle on the drop than the camera but still called it a TD. Challenged by NO and overturned.

4. Ryan's arm gets knocked going forward the ball goes forward almost 15 yards and they call it a fumble. So we have to challenge to overturn that.

These were all pretty obvious and there was always a Ref in place to see the play. I don't believe there is a conspiracy against the Falcons. I think there is a conspiracy to extend games and sell more ads to make more revenue for the NFL and networks. Its amazing how every time there is a review it is always timed out for a perfect commercial break.

3 of those are relatively easy to explain. A lot of times when it really is a fumble, the refs blow it dead (Ed Hoculi/Jay Cutler is an easy example). So some crews specifically will not blow their whistle on a play that looks like there could be a fumble, just to let it play out. Often in these cases, the ruling on the field ends up being a fumble and worst case scenario, the play is challenged.

Some crews don't make many calls, such as the crew that the Falcons/Saints game had, while others make a ton of calls and probably call holding every other play, such as the Hoculi crew.

the cb caught the ball as white was getting hit, not PI

You're insane. Watch the video. White is getting blasted by Vilma when the ball is 7 YARDS from the corner who ends up with the pick. 7 YARDS away. Not "as White was getting hit." WELL after White got hit.

It was a clear interference, and it happened within 2 yards of where the ball ended up. It would have at least been a contested ball if not for the illegal hit on White.

Here it is again since you clearly didn't watch it the first time.

LINK