Is this team capable?

AtlFalc78

As I look at our remaining schedule, read various comments post on this board, and recall past seasons throughout the league, I wonder if we have a team that can withstand prosperity and put together a streak of our own.

Over the next 9 games, we face teams with collective win-loss record of 29-37; however, teams such as the Giants, Jets, Philadelphia and New Orleans are included in that total. I guess the good news is we play what would arguably be the toughest 2 teams in the Dome which should give us a slight advantage.

Since it seems each year a team or two will get on hot streak and string wins together, I thought I would pose the question to my fellow posters:

Can the Falcons put together a win streak of 9 games based on our remaining schedule? If not 9, how many "W"s is this team capable of putting together?

I am a Falcon fan through and through. I believe that we can get a "W" in every game we play. But without a crystal ball, I can't say with certainty that we will.

I agree but my concern is are we strong enough mentally to handle a win streak? Right now, I am not confident we can win past 3 in a row but our schedule would suggest we can bunch more than that together. The Giants are faltering for whatever reason and the Jets if you get to Sanchez can be handled.

I would like to think we can run the table with the guys we have but am concerned about our team being young.

I agree but my concern is are we strong enough mentally to handle a win streak? Right now, I am not confident we can win past 3 in a row but our schedule would suggest we can bunch more than that together. The Giants are faltering for whatever reason and the Jets if you get to Sanchez can be handled.

I would like to think we can run the table with the guys we have but am concerned about our team being young.

I don't think Mike Smith and Co. will allow the team to rest on their laurels during an extended streak of wins. Judging by all the post game interviews and press-conferences, this team looks to be well equipped to deal with the byproduct of several wins without getting overly confident. After any win, Matt will be the first to admit that he has things he can improve upon. That is alson one of the best things IMO about the new direction of the Falcons org.

Every single one of the games left is winnable. I really think the hardest part of our schedule is past us. But this team is still young and plays much better at home than on the road.

That said, the only games I'm worried about are NYG, PHI, NO, NYJ. If we win 1/2 of those, we finish 11-5. I'd take that, as long it came with a playoff berth.

vs WAS

@ CAR

@ NYG

vs TB

vs PHI

vs NO

@ NYJ

vs BUF

@ TB

Every single one of the games left is winnable. I really think the hardest part of our schedule is past us. But this team is still young and plays much better at home than on the road.

That said, the only games I'm worried about are NYG, PHI, NO, NYJ. If we win 1/2 of those, we finish 11-5. I'd take that, as long it came with a playoff berth.

vs WAS

@ CAR

@ NYG

vs TB

vs PHI

vs NO

@ NYJ

vs BUF

@ TB

Yea but it seems like traveling really does something to our guys...its the away games im worried about!

vs WAS

@ CAR

@ NYG

vs TB

vs PHI

vs NO

@ NYJ

vs BUF

@ TB

If we pull off the win in NY and assume we beat Carolina on the road - could you imagine the excitment in the air for 3 home games with the 1st being TB....(getting giddy just thinkging about it,, :) )

If we pull off the win in NY and assume we beat Carolina on the road - could you imagine the excitment in the air for 3 home games with the 1st being TB....(getting giddy just thinkging about it,, :) )

This team is fully capable of making a run for the playoffs... Not winning the division but for sure getting a wild card... It doesnt make them a bad team that they dont win the division, it just makes the Saints a fantastic team this year. They very well could go 15-1 or 14-2.

Atlanta has some games coming up that should be winners without a doubt.... Against Washington should be a win... Carolina should be a win although they looked very good against Arizona. Giants can be an easy win depending what Giants team shows up.... I am interested to see how the Giants play out Sunday against the Chargers. The Bucs in my opinion will go 1-15 this year. Atlanta should crush them. Philly and the Saints will be very tough, but as we all saw the Falcons took the Saints right down to the wire... It take 60 minutes for the Saints to beat Atlanta and it was in New Orleans. Then they end with the Jets, Buffalo, and Tampa which I think all three are wins.

This team has the potential and the talent to win at least 6 out of their next time games.... A 9 game winning streak might be tough with a rookie qb just because he is still going to make mistakes but hey if it happened I wouldnt be surprised at all.... My vote is this team finishes 11-5 same as last year. With losses coming to the Saints and Giants but they will beat Philly.

As I look at our remaining schedule, read various comments post on this board, and recall past seasons throughout the league, I wonder if we have a team that can withstand prosperity and put together a streak of our own.

Over the next 9 games, we face teams with collective win-loss record of 29-37; however, teams such as the Giants, Jets, Philadelphia and New Orleans are included in that total. I guess the good news is we play what would arguably be the toughest 2 teams in the Dome which should give us a slight advantage.

Since it seems each year a team or two will get on hot streak and string wins together, I thought I would pose the question to my fellow posters:

Can the Falcons put together a win streak of 9 games based on our remaining schedule? If not 9, how many "W"s is this team capable of putting together?

It's possible, but unlikely. Can Washington beat us on Sunday? Yes, its possible. I won't be too disappointed with 6-3. NYG game is tough because they will be at home, off their bye, and playing for a spot in the playoffs. Jets are a 3-4 and willing to gamble on defense, we're in NY for that too so I won't take it for granted. CAR in Carolina is another one. My point, the best team doesn't always win and sometimes the bounce of the ball or a bad call can change everything. With a short week to prep and WAS coming off their bye, I hope our team is just focused on this Sunday and nothing else. I see no reason to think they would be unable to handle a string of success.

This team is fully capable of making a run for the playoffs... Not winning the division but for sure getting a wild card... It doesnt make them a bad team that they dont win the division, it just makes the Saints a fantastic team this year. They very well could go 15-1 or 14-2.

Atlanta has some games coming up that should be winners without a doubt.... Against Washington should be a win... Carolina should be a win although they looked very good against Arizona. Giants can be an easy win depending what Giants team shows up.... I am interested to see how the Giants play out Sunday against the Chargers. The Bucs in my opinion will go 1-15 this year. Atlanta should crush them. Philly and the Saints will be very tough, but as we all saw the Falcons took the Saints right down to the wire... It take 60 minutes for the Saints to beat Atlanta and it was in New Orleans. Then they end with the Jets, Buffalo, and Tampa which I think all three are wins.

This team has the potential and the talent to win at least 6 out of their next time games.... A 9 game winning streak might be tough with a rookie qb just because he is still going to make mistakes but hey if it happened I wouldnt be surprised at all.... My vote is this team finishes 11-5 same as last year. With losses coming to the Saints and Giants but they will beat Philly.

This is Ryan's second season. Welcome to the boards... and to 2009.

NO and PHI will be tough. Even at the Dome. For some reason most people are pencilling wins in for those two.

Also, everyone seems to have all of a sudden written off three teams and claimed wins in NYG, NYJ and CAR. CAR is playing better and probably won't disappear. At least one of the NY teams will be a formidable road game.

WAS, BUF and TB will not lay down in every game. Remember when we struggled with the Rams in the last game of 2008?

I'm sticking with my 9-7 prediction.

NO and PHI will be tough. Even at the Dome. For some reason most people are pencilling wins in for those two.

Also, everyone seems to have all of a sudden written off three teams and claimed wins in NYG, NYJ and CAR. CAR is playing better and probably won't disappear. At least one of the NY teams will be a formidable road game.

WAS, BUF and TB will not lay down in every game. Remember when we struggled with the Rams in the last game of 2008?

I'm sticking with my 9-7 prediction.

So I take it your opinion is NO... :lol:

This is about the 4th time I have responded to the very same thread idea. Anything is possible but I could definitely see us dropping 2 more this year.

Unless something changes in our favor or against us we have 1 unfavorable matchup and 2 hot/cold matchups ahead of us.

Unfavorable is still the Saints. We hung in their tough but we will struggle against any elite offense.

The hot/cold matchups are the Eagles and the Giants. If they come in hot offensively they could win TOP and just outscore us.

We might win the majority of those and fall to the Panthers though. Anything is possible, especially in division games.

Not only do I think they can, I think they will. I believe they will go either 8-1 or 9-0 for the remeainder of the season. There is a lot of potential for improvement in every level and every phase of this team. They still have not played up to their potential yet.