Turner in his non 3-4 defense games

Ice1974

28 for 105.... 1 TD Carolina

22 for 97..... 3 TD SF

20 for 151.....1 TD NO

maybe the reports of his downfall were premature,

looks like 3-4 defense is his kryptonite

pretty goods numbers if you ask me, and I dont think we have another 3-4 defense on the schedule

We do the Jets Jets Jets. :( but good thing Kris Jenkins is out, its not the same defense. ;)

22 for 97..... 3 TD SF

20 for 151.....1 TD NO

pretty goods numbers if you ask me, and I dont think we have another 3-4 defense on the schedule

I noticed that too. He is stellar against 4-3 but I couldnt have put it any better. Against 3-4 he was just not good.

22 for 97..... 3 TD SF

20 for 151.....1 TD NO

It's been said before, but I think it has to do with a lack of lateral quickness fron Dahl and Clabo. They are maulers and excellent straight ahead blockers, which you do more of against a 4-3 scheme. 3-4 defenses typically have more speed off the edge from the outside linebackers and require a bit more lateral quickness (some say athleticism) to adjust and get into position to make proper blocks. Can some of this be coached up? I don't know. We won't see very many more 3-4 defenses the rest of the year so we can breathe a sigh of relief there.

22 for 97..... 3 TD SF

20 for 151.....1 TD NO

Same can almost be said about Ryan. I know he hasn't been tearing it up all season but his numbers are also slightly better against the 4-3's also. He sustains drives better. Whether he gets the passing td is another debate altogether

Same can almost be said about Ryan. I know he hasn't been tearing it up all season but his numbers are also slightly better against the 4-3's also. He sustains drives better. Whether he gets the passing td is another debate altogether

I really think it has to do with the right side of our line. As much as I love the way they play, I'm not convinced that they have the quickness to handle the speed that's thrown at them against a 3-4 alignment.

I really think it has to do with the right side of our line. As much as I love the way they play, I'm not convinced that they have the quickness to handle the speed that's thrown at them against a 3-4 alignment.

You make a good point there. Maybe they overachieved last year. Asides from cbs and I think top priority needs to be placed on O-line, wlb, and another harry douglas or someone as explosive as him and norwood.

22 for 97..... 3 TD SF

20 for 151.....1 TD NO

Want to know why 3-4 D's give him trouble?? B/c they are harder to pick up the blitzes (run too), NOT IMPOSSIBLE, just easier to disguise. What does that have to do with Turner. Nothing directly. Just the continued problems on the O-line.

Ok, so Turner and the OL are weak against the 3-4 and we only have one more of those to face in the REGULAR season...thats fine.

What I want to hear is that Mularkey and co are actively working to solve this problem so that WHEN we get to the playoffs, we dont automatically lose just because the team we face is a 3-4 team.

Something has to be re-designed.

We cant just throw up our hands and be resigned to having no running game when we face a 3-4.

Or maybe we can say our Oline is at their best against the 4-3 defenses?

This is the more accurate conclusion. We are having difficulty blocking after the initial point of contact and into the second level. Our OLine just isnt executing blocks against LB/S/CB like they were last year. The key to keeping our running game at a high level is executing blocks.

As much as it hurts some peoples feelings, after a certain level, running back play takes a back seat. There are exceptions for very gifted RBs but they are few and far between. Offensive line play ultimately determines how dominant a rushing attack can be.

Its definitely refreshing to see our running game return to form, even if it is just against certain schemes. However, I am more interested in our OLine problems being worked out so that we can effectively rush against more dynamic, LB oriented teams.